• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

overcomplication of the Ice Climbers

Mr. Derp

Smash Apprentice
FORMALLY: Ryu777 ...OLD POST COUNT: around 500
I think it is the fault of advanced stuff like cont. desynch that many ice climbers dont know how to play. many times when a new ic player will try and desynch and do something cool, you can jus wd jab, get a grab, do a few changrabs, then infinite. ICs have very good wd and dash dance, use em. Just look at chu dat and you'll se how reactionary he plays. morer later, going to bed.

Lixivium

Smash Champion
That's only true for the n00bs who think desynching is the be all, end all way of playing the IC's. Grab combos and the D-Smash are the IC's true bread-and-butter.

Baamage

Smash Apprentice
well, desyncs are for approaches, never for mid-battle stuff (Unless you're running away for some reason, then a desynced roll-blizzard can be used)

n0bs (Only one 0) are people that are okay at the regular stuff, but are oblivious to the use and implementation of advanced techniques.

n0bs think that desyncing should be used 24/7, no matter where you are. But it's not overcomplicating if desyncs are used correctly and logically.

Negative Zero

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, but this isn't something only ICs have. There can be a Fox who does nothing but JC shine in place and reverse SHDL, and you can just walk up and fsmash them in the face. There could be a Falcon that just runs up to you and shuffles knees until he lands one. Really, let them. If they want to try some crazy desynch in the middle of the match and it fails and you nail them in the head for it, maybe they'll learn something.

Buddha

Smash Apprentice
ICs are not overcomplicated. desynching is not overcomplicated. girls are overcomplicated, so unless youre talking about nana, just go practice and stop complaining. and every character is complicated for beginners, hence why they are called beginners. you should be grateful that ICs have so many great options and variations to their game. that doesnt mean you have to use ALL of them, just use what you think are effective and forget the rest. but at least you have that choice in the first place. if you want a less 'overcomplicated' character than go play sheik.

Mr. Derp

Smash Apprentice
ICs are not overcomplicated. desynching is not overcomplicated. girls are overcomplicated, so unless youre talking about nana, just go practice and stop complaining. and every character is complicated for beginners, hence why they are called beginners. you should be grateful that ICs have so many great options and variations to their game. that doesnt mean you have to use ALL of them, just use what you think are effective and forget the rest. but at least you have that choice in the first place. if you want a less 'overcomplicated' character than go play sheik.
AHHHHHHHHHHHH! (rips out eyes due to people completley misinterpreting what I'm talking about)

Spontaneous Spaz

Smash Cadet
if u ever seen chudat's earilier game, like 6 months ago.... he wasn't much of a desyncer. and yet he still pwned ***

u don't need to make your IC complext to win, its just a way to look cool, experienced, advances, and w/e else u wanna tell urself. it doesn't help.. overall

the only thing u need to be able to do w/ IC is chaingrab
that's how u kill

Buddha

Smash Apprentice
AHHHHHHHHHHHH! (rips out eyes due to people completley misinterpreting what I'm talking about)
I think it is the fault of advanced stuff like cont. desynch that many ice climbers dont know how to play.
what other way is there to interpret? youre basically complaining that alot of IC players, especially new ones, dont know how to play ICs 'correctly' because theyre too focused on doing flashy desynchs and all that crap. while this may be true, this doesnt mean they are 'overcomplicated' as you put it as this could apply to any other character in the game.

you should be grateful for such complexity in the ICz and not create entire threads to vent about your personal quams about the game and other players. close plz. (wheres neal when u need him?)

Mr. Derp

Smash Apprentice
I'm not saying anything about hating how many options and wierd things the ice climbers can do. I am saying that ewvery character in this game has a general way they must be played in order to be the best they can be. fox must dahs dance around in order to get in a reflector -> grab-> uair. Falco has to approach with shl. and Ice climbers HAVE to wavedash and dashdance in order to get a grab, and usually thats all you need to take a stock. thats just how it is. Of course every decent player mixes it up and must do something random or distratcing, for ice climbers that is desynching. Its when someone tries to rely on these random things that they show thierinexperience. what I'm saying is: first, learn how to do grab combos and desynchs, then apply the grab combos in match by getting a grab w/ mindgames. once your friends start to catch on or begin to counter you, thats when you whip out ice block chasers and nanapults. as you get better, you will learn to apply everything in a match, and thats how ICs are menat to be played.

Wilhelmsan

Smash Lord
My IC's totally rock my friends all the time because all I do is wavesmash. When they catch on, I mindgame them a little with ice, blizzard, aerials, and then I go right back to wavesmashing.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
I'll admit when i first started playing i used to use a lot of dsynches. But you get out of it, so how does that make them over complicated. I always used down B with booser, you grow out of it its not complicated. Its adaptation

Top Bottom