• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oxnard Brawl/Melee Tournament: Saturday, August 16th

mio

Smash Ace
In regards to the infinites, I will change the rule set. I've seen infinites performed in tournaments before, but I just thought that Brawl hadn't been out long enough for people to really enforce rules on the issue. I had no idea that it would be so widely contested, and it's not my intention to rock the boat in any way. Although fairness is my primary interest, player satisfaction is the most important aspect of my tournament organizing. It would be pretty stupid of me to enforce a rule on such short notice that not many agreed with in the first place, so it's done. Infinites can stay, but I still really don't understand why they haven't been banned since the beginning.

I have nothing to say, so I'll just attack you personally. You suck at the game lololololololololo!

...maybe this will make me look cool?
Do you feel good about yourself when you say these kinds of things? It's funny that you continue to believe that I care what you think about me. I've never cared, especially since my only experience with you has been a couple MELEE matches (a game that I love but have no interest in right now) and a few hellos.

Argument pointer: Insulting makes you look intellectually weak. Instead try to corner your opponent and leave him with no options for a response (without ever judging him/her in any way).

Actually, in that case I'd take a big **** in the middle of the venue and then ask around as to what you look like to shove your face in it. :)
LOL, dude you are funny. And just to be clear, I do not take our exchanges seriously at all and would never mess with you or anyone like that in real life. I have no idea who you are, so I won't assume so until I actually meet and get to know you. I hope that you do the same for me.

mikeHAZE

Smash Legend
i wish more people in the community would stop trying to play the 'ignore and try to look better' game and instead play the '**** you lets money match/fight' game.

mio

Smash Ace
i wish more people in the community would stop trying to play the 'ignore and try to look better' game and instead play the '**** you lets money match/fight' game.
Why would I want to fight for any reason at all? I'm a practicing Buddhist and pacifist. And if I remember correctly, I've already challenged you to a money match in Brawl. Do you still want to do that at Oxnard? $5 bucks 2/3? I'm totally down for settling disputes in a mature, fun way.

The Great Leon

Smash Champion
itt people piss on mio cuz he likes brawl. but he will magically gain respect from them when they find out he ***** at sf. :/

mio

Smash Ace
Yeah I am pretty terrible at ps2 3s with a dual shock controller. But I didn't lose once when I played my mains on the stick.

It's kind of like how in Brawl you can't prove your skills by how you do in online play. In Third strike, the best test of a player's skill is on the new type arcade version with arcade sticks (FFA).

kouryuuXfighter

Smash Ace
Yeah I am pretty terrible at ps2 3s with a dual shock controller. But I didn't lose once when I played my mains on the stick.

It's kind of like how in Brawl you can't prove your skills by how you do in online play. In Third strike, the best test of a player's skill is on the new type arcade version with arcade sticks (FFA).
Yeah, I understand.

Anyway, are you going to Races tourney? I think my friend wants to come and maybe you guys can have MM's. You do have an arcade stick for the PS2 right... ? At least that way there wont be any johns. I also would like to play you at your best. I'm curious to see if your as good as everyone makes you out to be.

The Great Leon

Smash Champion
you should bring ken to oxnard too. hes pretty cool. and mio if you dont have a ps2 stick i can lend u my hori, but i dont want everyone using it. its already breaking. iirc you only have one for xbox

kouryuuXfighter

Smash Ace
Race! You should have an extra T.V for 3S casuals at your tourney! I'm trying to pick up Ibuki and I want to try her out against some of the 3S players there. *Looks at Mio and Race*

Race

Smash Lord
Yeah I'm down for a TV for 3s Casuals, but the TV im bringing as already set for Brawl, lol. I'l see wat I can do though

If ur just picking up 3s then Ibuki is kindda hard to start off as. You'll need a good feel of the game engine for you to use her properly. As her whole game is total offense, you need to know all her mix-up and lead-ins. As well as good parry skills cause she takes damage almost as bad as Akuma. I think you can stick with Chun or Ken for now, Ken for learning fundimentals. But if you really wanna learn Ibuki i'll show you some stuff. (She has one of the best and cheapest supers in the game in my opinion)

replicate

Smash Lord
alright, so everything is good to go for the **EPIC SMASHFEST** at my house

we're having delicious barbeque and everybody's heard about my fantastic house
it's looking like Friday night is going to be the main deal, then maybe a little bit on sunday after the tournament

basically, if I have seen you and/or you play melee, feel free to come by, it'll be great

and also, I wanna learn 3s too, *****es

rudeezy

Smash Journeyman
alright, so everything is good to go for the **EPIC SMASHFEST** at my house

we're having delicious barbeque and everybody's heard about my fantastic house
it's looking like Friday night is going to be the main deal, then maybe a little bit on sunday after the tournament

basically, if I have seen you and/or you play melee, feel free to come by, it'll be great

and also, I wanna learn 3s too, *****es
F*CK MAN, it sounds so **** too.

I tried to learn how to play 3s, i started as ken but it's like kind of hard to learn all this stuff without any help. D:

Race

Smash Lord
i'd be happy to teach you guys some stuff. I've been teaching Plan 9 some for awhile now and his Necro is getting better every time I play him. I'm looking forward to all this intrest in 3s, i'll make Sf'ers out of you guys yet!

We really need a 3s TV now. . .lolz

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
kira, am i not driving you to oxnard? we're getting to replicate's thursday, probably thursday night. we will be thurr for teh smashfest.

LOL, dude you are funny. And just to be clear, I do not take our exchanges seriously at all and would never mess with you or anyone like that in real life. I have no idea who you are, so I won't assume so until I actually meet and get to know you. I hope that you do the same for me.
You're a practicing Buddhist? Hahaha, I'm about to go to temple for the first time in my life. Buddhism sounds down as fux.

mio

Smash Ace
I've made a change (surprise) to the free registration feature, and it's to prevent everyone from having to pay a venue fee. Instead of me putting money from my own pocket into the pot to compensate for any free registration, the pot will just be made up 100% registration fees collected. So you still get free registration if you bring a station, it just won't go towards the pot.

There will only be about 12 people getting free registration ($60 total), and I think that's more reasonable than taking a dollar out for each of the 120 entrants' fees.

Race! You should have an extra T.V for 3S casuals at your tourney! I'm trying to pick up Ibuki and I want to try her out against some of the 3S players there. *Looks at Mio and Race*
I'm gonna try to make room for 3s at my tournament. Unfortunately I don't have a ps2 stick anymore, but I have a couple friends that might be able to bring theirs. And yeah Race is right in saying Ibuki is hard to learn, probably one of the hardest to learn in my opinion (along with 12, Q, Alex and Oro). I always recommend that 3s players start off learning Ken + whoever they want, because I think it helps them learn the game a little faster. Ken is like the Melee Fox of 3s, he gives you a good understanding of what you need to learn to be good at the game with other characters. Wow, making 3s-to-smash analogies is fun.

mio

Smash Ace
Brawl is going to have 12 tournament TVs, Melee is going to have 6 tournament TVs. I'm not sure how Pat's working Melee though because I'm only offering free registration for those who have signed up to bring Brawl set ups.

mikeHAZE

Smash Legend
probably not.

because nobody how much the rest of the community other than p say they love melee, nobody else is willing to help out/go out of the way/ actually has a love for the game.

Top Bottom