• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oxnard Brawl/Melee Tournament: Saturday, August 16th

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
connor we are going to **** this so hard

i'm getting excited

edit: oh it slipped my mind that that was teh melee thread

Shmooguy

Smash Champion
kira, am i not driving you to oxnard? we're getting to replicate's thursday, probably thursday night. we will be thurr for teh smashfest.
So.. we're going to oxnard from replicates? You are driving me to oxnard but I thought I was getting to your house either friday night or sat morning.

mio

Smash Ace
So... is there going to be internet at the venue?

--GCII
Oh, sorry I didn't see this. They said they have dsl service but apparently their hardware is in transition or something so I don't know. I can't make it there until tomorrow, and I'll let you know ASAP.

:/And I sure as hell don't like melee, I just try and make tournaments happen for no reason.
Hahahahaha too good

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
yes. rapelicate will be housing us and i wanted to get there a day early just because. i would h8 driving all the way to oxnard in one go too.

so if you can get to my house like thursday night that'd be better

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
I really think you need more than 12 TVs for a 150 person Brawl tournament (if AiB is correct) You need twenty. Seriously. Can you try to get more? You can add me to the list of people bringing full setups.

kouryuuXfighter

Smash Ace
Yeah I'm down for a TV for 3s Casuals, but the TV im bringing as already set for Brawl, lol. I'l see wat I can do though

If ur just picking up 3s then Ibuki is kindda hard to start off as. You'll need a good feel of the game engine for you to use her properly. As her whole game is total offense, you need to know all her mix-up and lead-ins. As well as good parry skills cause she takes damage almost as bad as Akuma. I think you can stick with Chun or Ken for now, Ken for learning fundimentals. But if you really wanna learn Ibuki i'll show you some stuff. (She has one of the best and cheapest supers in the game in my opinion)
You think you can have a TV at your tourney next weekend for 3S casuals? That'd be ****.

And as for Ibuki, yeah I know she's really hard. And I'm NOT new to 3S haha. I've played 3S for about 4 months or so before I got into Smash.. then I stopped all together. But I mained Chun and Yang back then.

But after picking it back up recently, I completely forgot how to play Yang and just got bored of Chun. So I want to pick up Ibuki simply because she is fun and hard to use.
BTW, your opinion on her special, Kasumi Suzaku, reminded me of a sick match between Pyrolee and Ibuki12. Check it out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AxLBU5Es2Kk

Alpha is where its at. There's no Vega in 3S.
I love Alpha... can't wait to play Vega in SF4!

replicate

Smash Lord
4832 avedon rd, moorpark, california, north america

be there, son

take 101 to 23, or 118

also: I just woke up, sorry for no address lol

also also: I will bring a full melee setup (or even 2?!?!)

The Great Leon

Smash Champion
lol no way. I was all hmm Chun's good, I'll play Chun. So I see you play her at Nexus. Then I'm all Ibuki's too cool. So now you're playing Ibuki. And I play Alpha for the first time and go all Vega. Now this, too good.

0_o active thread, directed @ kouryuu

mio

Smash Ace
Space is really an issue because I didn't originally intend this tournament to attract this many people. I'm trying to make room for Brawl, melee and casuals. It's really hard to manage since the venue isn't extremely big, but if I can then I will reserve more TVs for Brawl and melee. However I don't know if I'll be able to give free registrations/hook-ups after the original 12.

mikeHAZE

Smash Legend
Mio: don't stress over casual TV's, they're not important in the slightest, and the brawl community doesn't understand that the tournament > how many games of friendlies they play.

well, not brawl community, just people new to it.

but yeah, if you have to take away casual tv's, don't be afraid to do so.

Jmex

Smash Lord
NNID
Jmex25
3DS FC
4613-8799-3599
Mio: don't stress over casual TV's, they're not important in the slightest, and the brawl community doesn't understand that the tournament > how many games of friendlies they play.

well, not brawl community, just people new to it.

but yeah, if you have to take away casual tv's, don't be afraid to do so.
I agree with teh haze. This way the tourney will run faster, thus allowing either crew battles, friendlies or whatever after the fact of the tourney being finished.

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
Space is really an issue because I didn't originally intend this tournament to attract this many people. I'm trying to make room for Brawl, melee and casuals. It's really hard to manage since the venue isn't extremely big, but if I can then I will reserve more TVs for Brawl and melee. However I don't know if I'll be able to give free registrations/hook-ups after the original 12.
I gaurantee you if the Brawl tournamet doesn't have at least 16-17 tv it will not end before midnight.

mio

Smash Ace
Sorry P, but no way. Brawl is taking a large priority over melee because this is primarily a brawl tournament with possibly more than twice the entrants. We need to move Brawl as quickly as possible. Most of the Melee players are staying in Oxnard anyways so I'm sure you guys won't mind if your tourney takes a little longer with less stations.

If we can get 17 set ups going, I definitely will. We might just have to go 100% tournament TVs.

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
no, you said melee's only having like six tvs. so why should we bother bringing any when that's all we're going to get. but if we brought extras then our tourny would run even faster and then you can use our spare tvs? otherwise we don't care, melee can finish with 4 tvs, why should anyone bother to bring anything

Ultra Luigi

Smash Ace
****ing lame, I have to work on Saturday so I’ll only be able to enter doubles. Who knows if I’ll even get to finish it. I was looking forward to this tournament a long time ago. At least I’ll get to see you guys.

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
problem with Barlw tournaments is the barlw noobs that bring TVs (apologies for the term) always leave immediately after they get eliminated, which usually happens fairly quickly. Then you're just left with 5 TVs for like 50 people with Barlw sets taking 15+ minutes.

Another note, why are there two threads for this... especially since one of them is stickied.

Ultra Luigi

Smash Ace
I would leave some TVs in the venue for you guys but I don’t have any, only a crappy 80s TV that looks really bad. It also needs a VCR to work too because it only supports VHF/UHF. I’ll drop on by after work if it’s still going on. Maybe we can go out and eat or something. :)

Lep is absolutely right about the Brawl noobs. That might be a problem Mio.

sherigami

Smash Journeyman
Yay its sherigami. I havent been on for a while. I'd go but I need to go to Las vegas with a Romanian truck driver(no joke)

mio

Smash Ace
Well I don't know what to say about the TVs guys. I'm bringing four TVs and two Wiis. Beyond that, it's out of my control. If so many people are planning on coming to this knowing that it's gonna be big, then they should bring plenty of set ups and prevent themselves from making us all go through the hassle of trying to get through a 100-man bracket with too few tournament stations.

Another note, why are there two threads for this... especially since one of them is stickied.
The Oxnard Melee tournament thread was made and edited several times by Pat to call attention to the Melee players when the Melee tournament was first trying to be added to mine. This thread was later stickied by Silent Wolf because he had just become a confirmed attendee for that tournament. Meanwhile my thread still existed unstickied and is still here with you today.

The Great Leon

Smash Champion
is it raining in oxnard? i hope not. its raining in somis. we just had a power surge and i lost my dota game T_T heres hoping the the tourney room wont be all damp and smelly and nasty. mio buy surge protectors.

its getting kind of bad here

LuCKy

Smash Master
i havnt watched azumanga yet but its on my to do list lol tengan is amazing though ^^ well atleast the first 16 eps are imo

code geass is rapin right now :]

lonewolfe

Smash Journeyman
Question: What's the latest I can show up if I end up only entering in Singles? 4?

Many apologies if this has been covered before....

Hopper

Smash Cadet
Danimals! Hai! Gamble said to tell Romeo that he still has his black controller. Bring it to Oxnard?

Top Bottom