• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oxnard Ranking Battle 1.5 (final) - Sunday, September 5th

mio

Smash Ace
Current Overall Rankings - as of Ranbat 1.4

Brawl
1st: Junk - 25 (+5)
2nd: DEHF - 20
3rd: Rich Brown - 15 (+1)
4th: SomeRandomKid - 8
5th: BarDulL - 7 (+7)
5th: ViceGrip - 7 (+1)
6th: Jordon - 6
6th: Zork - 6 (+1)
7th: Typh - 3 (+3)
8th: Curtis - 1 (+1)
8th: Dragulze -1
8th: Truth - 1
8th: Kevin Magic - 1
8th: John - 1
8th: Mio - 1
8th: Zack - 1
8th: Cecil - 1

Melee
1st: Lovage - 27 (+10)
2nd: DanteFox - 12
3rd: Helmet - 11
4th: Smoke2Jointz - 10
5th: DEHF - 7
5th: macd - 7 (+7)
5th: Kevin Magic - 7
6th: Replicate - 5 (+5)
6th: Craiger - 5
7th: Connor - 3 (+3)
7th: Mio - 3
8th: Jkun - 1 (+1)
8th: Psychomidget - 1 (+1)
8th: Fiction - 1 (+1)
8th: Strain - 1
8th: Crash Override - 1
8th: Andeh - 1
8th: S2R - 1
8th: Double D - 1
8th: Soren - 1
8th: LEV! - 1

Think you can place high in these ranking battles? Then COME PROVE IT! The final ranbat will take place on Sunday, September 5th, so get HYPE. Sign-ups / casuals start @ 11am, Brawl Doubles starts @ 12 noon, Melee Doubles starts @ 1pm. Singles for both games start when their doubles tournaments are in semi/grand finals. For full details on the location, schedule, rules, fees, prizes, etc., please see the ranking battle season thread: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=277303

Fees
Singles - $5
Doubles -$10 ($5 per teammate)
Venue - $5 (Bring a setup and you don't have to pay the venue fee, but if you bring a setup and still pay the venue fee, then you get 10 raffle tickets)

Upcoming Raffles
-The Simpsons - The Complete Fourth Season
-Tetris Worlds (Original Xbox game, 360 compatible)
-Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind (Original Xbox game, 360 compatible)
-Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas (Original Xbox game, 360 compatible
-?????? more raffle prizes to be revealed on tournament day

Raffle tickets are $1 each, and as usual, you will get one free raffle ticket if you sign yourself up on the aib tournament page by the time you register at the tournament:

Refreshments
(tbd)

Café on A / Rudy Acuña Art Gallery
438 S. A Street
Oxnard, CA 93030
(805) 487-8170 <----The Gallery's # that we will be using on tournament day
Google Map
A few people have been having trouble finding the venue. If you are, then you're probably in the wrong place all together! It is in the heart of downtown Oxnard, and if you can find the movie theater (Plaza Stadium Cinemas 16), you can find the art gallery... it's directly behind the theater. There should be free/unrestricted parking behind the art gallery, if not, you can definitely find some elsewhere.

Tentative Itinerary
11:00 am : Casuals and sign-ups
12:00 pm : Brawl Doubles
1:00 pm : Melee Doubles
2:00 pm : Brawl Singles
3:00 pm : Melee Singles

Season Schedule
Ranbat 1.1 - Fri, June 18th
Ranbat 1.2 - Fri, July 2nd
Ranbat 1.3 - Fri, July 16th
Ranbat 1.4 - Sun, August 1st
Ranbat 1.5 - Sun, September 5th

joeplicate

Smash Master
god dam so many double posts lol

i would really like to go to this
it's possible if the only money i spend is on entry fees lol

mio

Smash Ace
Joe, I'm sure we can work something out. I don't want anyone to not attend to one of these because they don't have a ride and/or enough money.

GreatFox, that's a great point. I'll start doing that with this thread.

WHA?

Smash Ace
can anyone on the 818 provide a ride???
i got gas money!!

craiger

Smash Apprentice
I think I'll need a ride if it's on Friday. Mio you should have these on Saturdays, it works better sometimes.

Master_Helmet

Smash Apprentice
im gonna be there with ryan. dante and cho you guys can come along too, even though u guys tried to break my engine, you are forgiven. but to get a ride you must bring a set up if you want to do some friendlies this week before hand im in. hopefully we can get an even better turn out. i can bring a set up and even a recorder if need be. let me know whats your deals are. you guys (ryan, cho, and dante) suck, get *****, hard...by yours truly, me

D

Deleted member

saturdays might be better but not this saturday

greg!

i'm probably going to this with lovage

CableCho57

Smash Lord
im gonna be there with ryan. dante and cho you guys can come along too, even though u guys tried to break my engine, you are forgiven. but to get a ride you must bring a set up if you want to do some friendlies this week before hand im in. hopefully we can get an even better turn out. i can bring a set up and even a recorder if need be. let me know whats your deals are. you guys (ryan, cho, and dante) suck, get *****, hard...by yours truly, me
yeah dude im down to go but am not sure if i can bring a setup. i can take my cube for sure tho seeing as there were unused tvs last time we went. and im free thursday to play.

DanteFox

Smash Champion
k.

I'll bring a wii at least.

mio

Smash Ace
We're gonna have like 3 or 4 extra tvs, so wiis and cubes are much appreciated. We do want you to bring tvs if possible though, because a lot of people lately have just been bringing consoles.

Ranbat 1.3 is looking pretty ****ing awesome. We have the likes of DEHF, Lovage, Smoke2Jointz, Rich Brown and Fiction on deck, so if you're looking to practice against top level competition this summer and you're in the area, then it's a bad idea to miss this one! We always try to have some kind of discount deal, so this week it's going to be...

THE EARLY BIRD SPECIAL (Pre-ranbat doubles tourney. Remember, casuals & sign ups start @ 11am): The first 3 teams to sign up for doubles for both brawl and melee will be entered into a free, exclusive round robin tournament. The three teams will play each other, and the team with the best record will win one free entry into one of the four tournaments! You can either have your money back that you paid to enter doubles, or you can save it and count it towards another tournament later in the day. **** who wouldn't want to try and take advantage of this? It's just that 805 generosity...

As usual, if you sign yourself up for the tournament on the allisbrawl page by the time you register for the tournament, you will get one free raffle ticket. Raffle tickets are $1 each, and this week we're raffling off Xbox games (compatible w 360), Simpsons 4th season, and more to be revealed tournament day. Sign up, I'll see you guys there!

unknownPresence

Smash Ace
last time i brought a full set-up, but I was wondering if it would be ok to bring a cube and a wii instead of a wii/cube and tv since you have 3-4 tvs available and still get full venue off. That way it would be like having two set-ups, and i dont have to worry about breaking a tv on a car trip.

mio

Smash Ace
I'm sorry but I can't allow that. That's a one way ticket to having way too many consoles and not enough tvs. I'm sometimes lenient when people just have a console but no tv, but the discount is technically only for people who bring setups (i.e. a wii/cube + tv). If you bring a console and there's no working tv to match it with, then you won't get the discount. So don't rely on just bringing a console to try and get the discount.

Ranking Battle Season Schedule Update: It seems that these tournaments would work a lot out better for people on Saturdays. So for the final two tournaments, 1.4 and 1.5, we will be holding them on Saturday instead of friday. Here is the new schedule:

Modified Season Schedule
Ranbat 1.1 - Fri, June 18th
Ranbat 1.2 - Fri, July 2nd
Ranbat 1.3 - Fri, July 16th
Ranbat 1.4 - Sat, July 31th
Ranbat 1.5 - Sat, August 14th

Did I mention that Plan 9 (and possibly RAPElicate) will also be in attendance this Friday? Get hype!

Lovage

Smash Hero
ummmm i hope you've thought a lot about these tournies being on saturday

idk about anyone else, but theres almost always other melee tournies (prolly brawl too) hosted on saturday so this might hurt your attendance

no offense but when it comes to competition if i can go to this or GREV it's a no brainer

DJMirror

Smash Master
if nothing shows up on July 31st, I'll try my best to go one of these at least once. =D

mio

Smash Ace
Ranbat 1.4 is the weekend after GSG so it should have a decent turnout. GREV is a monthly and it's not conflicting with any of the ranbats in July, and I'm pretty sure it wont conflict with 1.5 in August. I've had enough people post or tell me that these should be on Saturdays that the turnout will be fine either way, and we will always have big names in attendance. It's a biweekly so the attendance is never going to be super high like everyone wants. I'm doing everything I can to please everyone at this point... so many people always *****ing to me about why they can't go, or the worst, "I might go if my mommy carries me on a giant pillow all the way to the tourney" I can only take so much -__-

This is a legit tourney series with legit players, and the schedule is set. Be there or don't.

Ranbat 1.3 is looking pretty ****ing awesome. We have the likes of DEHF, Lovage, Smoke2Jointz, Rich Brown and Fiction on deck, so if you're looking to practice against top level competition this summer and you're in the area, then it's a bad idea to miss this one! We always try to have some kind of discount deal, so this week it's going to be...

THE EARLY BIRD SPECIAL (Pre-ranbat doubles tourney. Remember, casuals & sign ups start @ 11am): The first 3 teams to sign up for doubles for both brawl and melee will be entered into a free, exclusive round robin tournament. The three teams will play each other, and the team with the best record will win one free entry into one of the four tournaments! You can either have your money back that you paid to enter doubles, or you can save it and count it towards another tournament later in the day. **** who wouldn't want to try and take advantage of this? It's just that 805 generosity...

As usual, if you sign yourself up for the tournament on the allisbrawl page by the time you register for the tournament, you will get one free raffle ticket. Raffle tickets are $1 each, and this week we're raffling off Xbox games (compatible w 360), Simpsons 4th season, and more to be revealed tournament day. Sign up, I'll see you guys there!
Forgot to mention, anyone who is awarded free entry still has to pay the one time, $5 venue fee. There was a confusion about that one last time.

joeplicate

Smash Master
prolly won't go =P

sorry guys, but now that i think about it i won't even be getting back to 805 around 4 or 5 anyways on friday haha

Lovage

Smash Hero
oooooooooooo YEA ITS ON NOW MOTHAFUKAS

ME AND S2J ARE RAPIN BRAWL TEAMS

MONEY MATCHES???????????????

Lovage

Smash Hero
btw if anyone in the 818 needs a ride

s2j can probably give you one

if you go to dunks house in the morning (before 12)

call him to make sure

see yall tomorrow

CableCho57

Smash Lord
? no joe didnt flake on me. he offered the day before but my friend juan was going to take me but ended up being hella busy with the dentist or something last minute.

Top Bottom