• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Pac Attack - Advanced Techniques and Strategy Guide

abit_rusty

Smash Lord
NNID
Rontuaru
3DS FC
2895-8974-0662
Anyone else finding the cpu's jump out of this easily? Tried it in training mode on smashville (with cpu) on the Walk setting) and while they do fall through slightly they jump out and are back on stage.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Yeah, you can jump out (Only thing somewhat balancing this really).

Still, this is an awesome and safe gimmick, leaves the opponent in a bad spot regardless, and this is going to be BROKEN in teams (Oh, Pacman just forced you to expend your double jump close to the ground in order to not get stuck under the stage; here's my partner to punish your landing.).

Zage

Smash Journeyman
Lmao at the new glitch, its so easy to do.

If there was any a time you needed to lab something until you learn it, this is one of those times. Abuse this while you still can, its stupid easy to do. I wouldn't be surprised if Pacman takes EVO now.

Huge

Smash Apprentice
Wow, this is actually consistent and amazingly stupid. I managed to win a couple of For Glory games with this alone. I caught a pretty good Lucas with it, and when he respawned he just kind of faced me disapprovingly and then walked off of the edge of the stage to an SD. You can't talk to people on For Glory, but his actions definitely spoke for themselves!

We need a good, intimidating name for this. The best one I can think of is "that", quotes included, to retain that lovely apocalyptic feel.
The end is near
Not very descriptive, though, so I'm sure you guys can come up with a better name. Olympic Synchronized Trampolining? Journey to the Center of the Earth? Get those creative juices flowing, people!

Getting that capture card in a couple of days, going to script a proper video before then. While "that" remains in the game, let's try to be polite to our fellow smashers and abuse the crap out of it.

Last edited:

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Epke's Wonderland.
Mappy Pepperspray
Hack and Jump
Rise and Pitfall
One up and one down
The Elevator
Only the trampolines and the rest is lava.
Portal 4
Another Deemension
Now Scrampoline

This is my forte.

BSP

Smash Legend
So is there a small window to pull them through the stage immediately? I've got a CPU Sonic on walk. I can get him to clip through, but he jumps back up.

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
U.S., Maryland (Eastern Time, UTC - 5hrs)
NNID
EquinoXYZ
So is there a small window to pull them through the stage immediately? I've got a CPU Sonic on walk. I can get him to clip through, but he jumps back up.
If you hit them into it, they can't jump out. The game registers them as stuck in hitstun.

Btw @Everyone
Do you think this should be banned? I don't.

Last edited:

BSP

Smash Legend
If you hit them into it, they can't jump out. The game registers them as stuck in hitstun.

Btw @Everyone
Do you think this should be banned? I don't.
Do they have to hit the trampoline from the air for the game to think they're stunned?

Last edited:

NimbusSpark

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NimbusSpark
I'm feeling afraid if we've been given too much power with this new glitch, and that Sakurai is going to realise what us Pac's have been doing and us his infamous powers to nerf us in the next patch. We all know what happened to Diddy. :ohwell:

Still, we might as well abuse the absolute load out of it whilst we still have this available.

Huge

Smash Apprentice
In light of recent events, I have updated the 1.0.8 change log to more accurately reflect Pac-Man's current abilites: http://smashboards.com/threads/pac-man-in-1-0-8.406241/#post-19414341

That's all, folks. As Eminem, a true shining prophet of words to this generation, once said, "I done been to the top and there's nowhere else to go." For those who may have difficulty interpreting Eminem's exceedingly deep and heartfelt lines, this is how that particular nugget of wisdom applies to our situation today: We done been to the top. We done been to the top right now. Pac-Man has reached his pinnacle, and there's nowhere else to go.

May God be with you all, fellow Pac-Mains. We done been to the top. But can't we done been to the top no higher?

GeneralBrwni

Smash Cadet
"Going down"
(taking a page from terraria) "The Hellevator"
"Under the sea stage"
"Remote footstool"

abit_rusty

Smash Lord
NNID
Rontuaru
3DS FC
2895-8974-0662
Am I the only one here who isn't treating this glitch like it's the second coming of christ? It's just a bit too situational and telegraphed and really only suckers in terrible players. Every good player I've ever faced knows never to jump into a purposely set-up trampoline. It's easy enough to counteract, too.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Am I the only one here who isn't treating this glitch like it's the second coming of christ? It's just a bit too situational and telegraphed and really only suckers in terrible players. Every good player I've ever faced knows never to jump into a purposely set-up trampoline. It's easy enough to counteract, too.
Second coming of christ may be a bit extreme, but if you don't think this is useful then I think you haven't looked into it enough.

I originally put this in the chat since I was hoping we could keep this under wraps for a while so it doesn't immediately get patched out, but cat's out of the bag now, so might as well copy it here along with a bit of other info:

Okay, so you know that glitch that sends people through the stage? Eevee! and I just did a LOT of testing with it. This is even dumber than I thought. Some of our findings:

-Some Omegas have weird undersides that catch jumps or get in the way of recoveries. A few of those also happen to be really thin, giving the opponent less time to react and jump out (As long as they are inside the stage, they can jump back up through it).
The good Omegas for this are:

Omega Halberd, Omega Kongo Jungle, Omega PS2 (This one makes no sense. it has a vortex effect that pulls opponents down super fast once they are in the stage), Omega Pilotwings, Omega Dreamland (Does not work with normal dreamland for some reason.). both Omega Mario Kart stages, Omega Flatzone, Omega Port Town and Omega Norfair.

Generally speaking, with the exception of PS2 you don't want omegas that are one big platform/have walls.

-Team applications: Hoooooooly **** teams application. Before I get into anything else allow me to break down the single dumbest thing I have ever found in a game. I guarantee that by the end of the tournament we are attending tomorrow, Eevee! and I will have this team tactic banned.

EVERYONE NEEDS TO READ THIS:

Regular Halberd is your new counterpick in teams. No I don't care who the opposing team is, this is your counterpick, now and forever.

During the second part, where you land on the stage, trampoline your teammate through the stage. They will go inside the stage and land on the ground roughly one character length below the stage (Basically where the platform gets stored).
Congratulations, your teammate is essentially invincible unless they are super tall and have a hurtbox sticking out. They can now throw hitboxes out safely from below the stage while also stock tanking. With characters like Yoshi, Lucas or Villager down there, stuff gets super dumb.

Villager in particular can safely pocket hydrants and relaunch them from below the stage, he can Fair harrass without exiting the ship, he can grow a tree down there for free, his Fsmash has an invisible hitbox.
This is really really dumb. Like holy crap super dumb.

Lucas gets to spam freeze and Usmash for free, and Dsmash covers the ledge from inside the ship.

I cannot stress how stupid this is. This is a free game in every doubles set until opponents ban halberd, at which point it leaves open several other stages where stuff is dumb...

-Castle Siege... Oh my CS... So if you do this at the bottom of the second transformation, the opponent has less than a second to react before they die from the bottom blast zone. Since it is a walkoff stage, apparently the bottom blastzone is super close to the ground.

-Delfino does the same as the above in areas where you are knee deep in water. In other areas where you can swim in water, people just fall into the water, which is meh.

-Smashville and T&C are narrow enough that it is really easy to send people under the stage before they can react.

-BF is a great place to do this as well since the sides are weird as hell. Just don't do it center stage or they can jump right back up through the stage.

-Trampoline at the ledge just got stupider. Since there is a short amount of time after grabbing a ledge where you can't regrab it, if they get up into trampoline and you send them through the stage, they actually miss the ledge and fall pretty fast under the stage. This will cause a lot of confusion and makes trampoline at the ledge super dangerous.

I'll post more if I find/remember more.
Other things I forgot to add to that post:

-Near the ledge (Or anywhere on Dreamland for some reason), the opponent will not fall through the stage but instead teleport straight to the ledge. If you did the UpB to replace them offstage to grab the ledge, you immediately trump them for a free Bair on most characters.

-In teams characters with multiple jumps can be sent to shark safely from inside the stage.

-If you UpB'ed to a ledge, you can easily intercept anyone trying to recover from under the stage.

-Even if they jump out, this is COMPLETELY safe if you space yourself right.

-Characters like Ness and Lucas had better react IMMEDIATELY because if they are forced to UpB they are more than likely dead; the stage will almost always eat their UpBs.

-If the stars align (Or it is obvious they are going to trampoline), you can send them through the stage while also setting up the red trampoline ledge trap.

-Once someone has seen it, they will avoid trampoline like the plague, giving you a HUGE advantage in the neutral.

As for good players avoiding your trampoline... how weird. Realistically good players should be trying to use it against you to cancel out landing lag/renew jumps anytime they don't think you can punish them for it.
Trampoline is almost always out in my matches, and trying to NEVER hit it helps me more than anything since it means you are severely limiting your own movement options to avoid it. Realistically this trap should be what scares players into always avoiding trampoline.
If everyone is avoiding your trampolines consistently, then I am super jealous.

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
U.S., Maryland (Eastern Time, UTC - 5hrs)
NNID
EquinoXYZ
Wait...opponents don't hit your trampoline?!?!

Well shoot, pass them over here! I would love that kind of advantage. Treating my trampoline like a mine is even better than trying to jump on it and safely land.

abit_rusty

Smash Lord
NNID
Rontuaru
3DS FC
2895-8974-0662
I think your reactions are a little overblown. I stand by my statement that any player worth their salt took only one match (or even one stock) to realize it's a mistake to hop onto my trampoline in neutral at their leisure even before this glitch came into existence. As you said, I never once implied this was useless. And the majority of the community seems to believe this is guaranteed to be patched out. I just don't like to hype up something that is in reality a temporary gimmick.

Sure it's fun to gimp the majority of clueless players on for glory, but it essentially boils down to another form of punish for landing on the trampoline. Before this glitch, it was just as easy to run circles around players with no knowledge of the Pacman matchup. Anyone who actually knew the matchup isn't suddenly altering his or her behavior post-glitch with regards to avoiding setups.

PEPESPAIN

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PEPESPAIN
3DS FC
1306-8476-2667
How do we do that!!?

I uploaded a video ysterday:

Buffer a hydrant on a ledge jump off. You will notice that there aren't water gushes...

I didn't understand it, but it seems that it remains like in the air.... it deals 9% damage.

Last edited:

PEPESPAIN

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PEPESPAIN
3DS FC
1306-8476-2667
I'm not sure, I'm going to the lab today, I'll tell tomorrow :p

Top Bottom