• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important Pac-Man 1.1.3 Notes

Status
Not open for further replies.

BSP

Smash Legend
Try to do adequate testing before posting a change.

For comparison, I took these notes of Pac-Man in 1.1.2

Damage of moves

jab1 3
jab2 2
jab3 4
ftilt 8
dtilt 6
utilt 7
fsmash 16
usmash1 3
usmash2 14
Dsmash 13
Nair 10
bair 11.5
fair 5.3
dair 10.5
Uair 10
cherry 4
strawberry 6
orange 8
apple 9
melon 12
galaxian 9
bell 8
key 15
side b pellet hit uncharged 6
side b pellet hit full charge 12
hydrant drop 9
hydrant launch 13
takes 13% to launch hydrant
pac jump 7
trampoline does not last for two water spurts
fthrow 6
dthrow 10.5
Bthrow 11
Uthrow 5

launch speeds on a 300% Mario, pac man no rage, all in mph

dtilt 80
utilt 93
ftilt 93
fsmash 173
Usmash, Inky hit only 134
clyde 120
Pinky 120
Nair 120
Fair 53
Bair 120
Dair final hit 93
uair 106
cherry 53
strawberry 67
orange 80
apple 120
Melon 147
Galaxian 93
Bell 120
Key 147
side b pellet hit uncharged 93
side b pellet hit full charge 160
Hydrant drop 106
Hydrant launch 134
pac jump 1, early hit 93
Uthrow 80
Bthrow 93
Dthrow 67
Fthrow 67

48 grabs in a minute, perfectly buffered (shield never appeared)

1.1.3 changes:

Nerf:
Villager's pocketed projectiles from a teammate do half damage and knockback. GG Pac-Man + Villager

Again, do adequate testing before posting a change. Feb 3 patch will be live Wednesday in the U.S.

Last edited:

ZeoLightning

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ZeoLightning
3DS FC
5455-9919-4674
looking not likely, at this point ALL i want is a better grab and the floor wall miss removed =(

Last edited:

BSP

Smash Legend
While no buffs would be annoying and disappointing indeed, the true insult would be if Lucas' grab really got the buffs already mentioned in the data mined notes. The character has had barely any time to grow, yet Pac-Man has been whiffing grabs at point blank since release. I don't understand.

Splebel

Smash Journeyman
I hope PAC-MAN's grab has 1 minute of cool-down.
Man, you are a ray of sunshine aren't you?

Edit: Also PAC-MAN doesn't seem to be changed at all or does that bad against Cloud. Limit Break Up B zooms in even on the hydrant and that can get annoying though. A well placed hydrant can also get you out of his down smash as well.

Last edited:

BSP

Smash Legend
I'm finding absolutely nothing. Sigh,. I don't think I'm going to keep dealing with this.

Splebel

Smash Journeyman
I'm just more annoyed about Lucas' ridiculous grab now. About the same distance as PAC-MAN's in half the time and a better reward.

Last edited:

xzx

Smash Lord

Edit: Also PAC-MAN doesn't seem to be changed at all or does that bad against Cloud. Limit Break Up B zooms in even on the hydrant and that can get annoying though. A well placed hydrant can also get you out of his down smash as well.
Relax, I'm just joking. =P

---

I've come to the conclusion that Sakurai doesn't want to buff PAC-MAN at all since he must be thinking that PAC-MAN makes up for his weaknesses by the amount of skill he requires... Which is outright terrible design choices.

Lucas's grab seems to get more buffs while PAC-MAN's grab, which is absolutely garbage compared to Lucas's grab, is yet again being ignored. Seriously, I am going to cry. I've lost hope for PAC-MAN in the coming updates as well. One year and nothing to his grab. I'm done.

(Still maining PAC-MAN though; however, I am looking for a secondary...)

BSP

Smash Legend
I'm just more annoyed about Lucas' ridiculous grab now. About the same distance as PAC-MAN's in half the time and a better reward.
Yes, we got the insult to the injury. I don't understand why the dev team thinks Pac-Man is fine.

SafCar

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0645-5834-8488
maybe he just doesn't want to accidentally break the game with glitches again

MachoCheeze

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MachoCheeze
Yeahhhh... looks like Pac got the short end of the stick again.

At least Ganon and Mewtwo got huge buffs.

Just gotta wait to February and then Corrin comes out ;P I don't play FE but she looks cool as HECK

BSP

Smash Legend
Relax, I'm just joking. =P

---

I've come to the conclusion that Sakurai doesn't want to buff PAC-MAN at all since he must be thinking that PAC-MAN makes up for his weaknesses by the amount of skill he requires... Which is outright terrible design choices.

Lucas's grab seems to get more buffs while PAC-MAN's grab, which is absolutely garbage compared to Lucas's grab, is yet again being ignored. Seriously, I am going to cry. I've lost hope for PAC-MAN in the coming updates as well. One year and nothing to his grab. I'm done.

(Still maining PAC-MAN though; however, I am looking for a secondary...)
Good luck. I'm done with this. Bowser gets a 50/50 out of his Uthrow now? Lucas gets the best tether grab in the game? Our most important tools are most dangerous to us, yet we remain untouched + nerfed over the course of patches. Whatever.

Cloud can punish our trampoline on hit at low %....

And once again, swordsman that we can't keep out and have the edge on us in spacing battles get landing lag reductions. I'm done.

Last edited:

Splebel

Smash Journeyman
Cloud can punish our trampoline on hit at low %.....
True that happened to me twice yesterday. He took my trampoline over the edge. My personal opinion on the patches though is that they are going through and doing minor buffs/nerfs for some characters and really looking into a few characters every patch. So they could just be cycling around characters and maybe eventually Pac-Man can get a turn.

Also why couldn't that half damage knockback apply to all projectiles villager pockets and not just their teammates? It would make Villager easier to deal with. Either that or lower the range of Pocket because I just fought a villager who kept pocketing my hydrant in front of a gyroid from behind and above it consistently.

Last edited:

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
Even I don't really wanna play pacman anymore. I'm getting bored with him. I'll Try somethings to keep my interest so we'll see.

BSP

Smash Legend
True that happened to me twice yesterday. He took my trampoline over the edge. My personal opinion on the patches though is that they are going through and doing minor buffs/nerfs for some characters and really looking into a few characters every patch. So they could just be cycling around characters and maybe eventually Pac-Man can get a turn.

Also why couldn't that half damage knockback apply to all projectiles villager pockets and not just their teammates? It would make Villager easier to deal with. Either that or lower the range of Pocket because I just fought a villager who kept pocketing my hydrant in front of a gyroid from behind and above it consistently.
Pocket is fine in 1v1. The change is specifically to address the abuse of pocket/bucket/psi magnet in teams with team attack on.

However, the only way the devs would know this needed to happen is if they paid attention to the offline meta. If they do, why is Pac man remaining untouched?

Last edited:

Splebel

Smash Journeyman
I still like my cycle theory although Sakurai seems real focused on Kirby and Robin.

Splebel

Smash Journeyman
I was done when Corrin was announced.

On to my newest passion!
Really? I figured you would like Bayonetta better. Those flashy combos and that gun play.

Yooooo I thought the same thing homie, lmao.

Gonna work on the beautifully buffed Mewtwo in the meantime.
Well since my "secondary" is Bowser, then I'm also sitting pretty.

Last edited:

ZeoLightning

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ZeoLightning
3DS FC
5455-9919-4674
Really? I figured you would like Bayonetta better. Those flashy combos and that gun play.

Well since my "secondary" is Bowser, then I'm also sitting pretty.

wolf didnt get back in, so now i guess im stuck with Luigi for secondaries, heck i might try picking up falco

ToxoT

Smash Apprentice
the whole direct was nothing but disappointment for me. got a tower of druaga costume, thats cool right, gil confirmed..! its not the same, but i just might start playing swordfighter.

ZeoLightning

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ZeoLightning
3DS FC
5455-9919-4674
the whole direct was nothing but disappointment for me. got a tower of druaga costume, thats cool right, gil confirmed..! its not the same, but i just might start playing swordfighter.
admittedly mii sword fighter is another character i've been developing just cause i like him, but im prepared to see alot of Geno's (mii gunners) now

xzx

Smash Lord
I'm feeling that more and more of you are dropping PAC-MAN, or at least, not maining him. Isn't that what abadango is doing/has done? However, can't blame ya.

I hope PAC-MAN will find the spotlight he deserves when it comes to buffing, just like some characters did in this patch.

Poor Pac.

PEPESPAIN

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PEPESPAIN
3DS FC
1306-8476-2667
I'm not dropping it. I love pacman with all my heart :p

xzx

Smash Lord
I'm not dropping it. I love pacman with all my heart :p
Same here. I can't drop a character that is the most fun character in the game to me. I simply can't. That is what mains are to me. The most fun character. However, what a shame that PAC-MAN is not better...

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
I was done when Corrin was announced.

On to my newest passion!
Corrin is the first character I've seen where I thought I'd rather main him than Pacman he looks so much fun. In addition I've been putting in work with Lucina and I'm understanding more and more how a regular neutral is played. Hopefully I would have perfected it by the time Corrin is released. Unless something changes I'm going to drop Pacman and make a serious effort to main him, it either works out or it doesn't.

BSP

Smash Legend
I'm feeling that more and more of you are dropping PAC-MAN, or at least, not maining him. Isn't that what abadango is doing/has done? However, can't blame ya.

I hope PAC-MAN will find the spotlight he deserves when it comes to buffing, just like some characters did in this patch.

Poor Pac.
I'm at that "eh...." stage with him. I'm going to keep working on my Mario and really should start looking into picking up Luigi seriously, but idk. Pac-Man has his uses, but he's got some tough MUs. Getting nerfed like a top tier when you have a half functioning grab doesn't help either.

https://youtu.be/ADv5BEahJZQ?t=34

I miss old trampoline so much. Why did they think it was too good?

He's going to be on the backburner until the next patch for sure. Hopefully Splebel Splebel 's cycle theory is correct and Pac-Man is next on the buff list. It's a shame how fun this character was for me at his inception, then he got ruined by nerfs for absolutely no reason.

Edit: as much as I want the cycle theory to be true, I have to wonder why the first batch of nerfs we got happened. I really hope they didn't think Pac-Man was too good, and now he's fixed.

Last edited:

Splebel

Smash Journeyman
I'm at that "eh...." stage with him. I'm going to keep working on my Mario and really should start looking into picking up Luigi seriously, but idk. Pac-Man has his uses, but he's got some tough MUs. Getting nerfed like a top tier when you have a half functioning grab doesn't help either.

https://youtu.be/ADv5BEahJZQ?t=34

I miss old trampoline so much. Why did they think it was too good?

He's going to be on the backburner until the next patch for sure. Hopefully Splebel Splebel 's cycle theory is correct and Pac-Man is next on the buff list. It's a shame how fun this character was for me at his inception, then he got ruined by nerfs for absolutely no reason.

Edit: as much as I want the cycle theory to be true, I have to wonder why the first batch of nerfs we got happened. I really hope they didn't think Pac-Man was too good, and now he's fixed.
I'll still main Pac regardless but I think there are some other characters that need to be buffed before PAC-MAN gets a turn; like Samus and Zelda. Honestly I'd say apart from a few frame speedups here and there PAC-MAN is in a decent place. However, PAC's fruit charge is so slow to cancel it's ridiculous. Also I kinda like the current trampoline better.

Sinji

Smash Master
NNID
Sinjis
3DS FC
0361-6602-9839
Don't see myself dropping him at all. I wanted this character since 2006, and I got him. Plus I'm consistently placing well with him, with the addition of outside players like Vinnie and Jtails giving me different ways of thinking at high level that allows me to play different/better and change the Pac-Man meta.

BSP

Smash Legend
I'll still main Pac regardless but I think there are some other characters that need to be buffed before PAC-MAN gets a turn; like Samus and Zelda. Honestly I'd say apart from a few frame speedups here and there PAC-MAN is in a decent place. However, PAC's fruit charge is so slow to cancel it's ridiculous. Also I kinda like the current trampoline better.
Why? The change is why the thing is unsafe on hit vs some characters. As far as traps, I don't see how the opponent shooting up faster would invalidate any of them.

dragontamer

Smash Ace
NNID
dragontamer5788
Why? The change is why the thing is unsafe on hit vs some characters. As far as traps, I don't see how the opponent shooting up faster would invalidate any of them.
Are you talking about the time when characters would shoot up the same height as Pacman, instead of being lower than Pacman on hit? Because yeah, that was nice.

But lets be honest, 0 cooldown frames on USmash is all I want "back". Erm, and Z-Drop Melon instant-launching. And BAir instant launching back as well. Yeah...

Last edited:

BSP

Smash Legend
Are you talking about the time when characters would shoot up the same height as Pacman, instead of being lower than Pacman on hit? Because yeah, that was nice.

But lets be honest, 0 cooldown frames on USmash is all I want "back". Erm, and Z-Drop Melon instant-launching. And BAir instant launching back as well. Yeah...
Yes, I'm talking about trampoline jump height scaling for other characters just like how it scales with Pac-Man. When people hit your yellow trampoline back then, they soared.

I thought 0 frames of cooldown on Usmash was dumb, but then again, Mario and Luigi's Usmashes exist...and ours doesn't even have a scooping hitbox behind us.

Honestly, V1 Pac-Man would be just fine in the meta right now. Not OP in the slightest, but better than he is now. I'd take villager trampoline gimps again to have my old specials back.

Last edited:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Sorta feels like I mostly pick Pac for merely trying to outplay the opponent in means of mixups and traps. IDK how's Pac gonna go on performing over time though, especially if the DLC's end could give way for a possible implication that patches might not last for long....

Zage

Smash Journeyman
I still don't understand the reasoning behind the U-smash nerf considering how unsafe it was in pre-patch days, but I do think adding on the extra HP onto the hydrant was step in the right direction in terms of game design simply because we now have additional launch angles we can use even if B-air is fresh.

I'm not going to drop Pac-Man though, but I'm definitely going to complain if things continue the way they are lol. His kit is overloaded with "get off me" moves that give you time to charge. Getting hit by anything boils down to "oh I got hit....time for me to attempt to approach again." He can force very few situations where if you don't read the follow up or DI properly, you can potentially die.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom