• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PAC-MAN Kill Options

PEPESPAIN

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PEPESPAIN
3DS FC
1306-8476-2667
I want to share an idea I have.

Our best options to kill are fruit (F12, Bell,key, apple), Fsmash (F18), Usmash (F13) , Nair (F3+5,Near the ledge), Fair (F5+5 to key)

My idea is doing a table for every character like Splebel Splebel did with how to punish some of their attacks with a killing option.

Characters | Enemy Move -> Punish Movement| Enemy Move -> Punish Movement (Oos Options)
:4mario:
| Fsmash -> ?? ; Usmash -> ??
:4luigi:
| Fsmash -> ?? ; Usmash -> ??

What do you think guys?

Last edited:

Lonpos

Smash Cadet
I don't get it (yet) but I would really support this idea! Maybe we could all contribute in a way

ZeoLightning

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ZeoLightning
3DS FC
5455-9919-4674
I want to share an idea I have.

Our best options to kill are fruit (F12, Bell,key, apple), Fsmash (F18), Usmash (F13) , Nair (F3+5,Near the ledge), Fair (F5+5 to key)

My idea is doing a table for every character like Splebel Splebel did with how to punish some of their attacks with a killing option.

:4mario:
| Fsmash -> Usmash / Fmash / Nair ; Usmash -> Usmash
:4luigi:
| Fsmash -> Usmash / Fmash / Nair ; Usmash -> Usmash

What do you think guys?
and you really counter upsmash with upsmash for the bros? perhaps add doc to this list as well

PEPESPAIN

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PEPESPAIN
3DS FC
1306-8476-2667
Yes the idea is when Mario does a Usmash, how to answer against that Move with a killing move because sometimes I pusnish it with a suboptimal option like grab or anything else. I need to know when can I do a Usmash/fmash

ZeoLightning

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ZeoLightning
3DS FC
5455-9919-4674
Yes the idea is when Mario does a Usmash, how to answer against that Move with a killing move because sometimes I pusnish it with a suboptimal option like grab or anything else. I need to know when can I do a Usmash/fmash
Properly spaced i dont think PAC can reach with the first hit of upsmash but i dont have the lab work to prove that

Last edited:

Splebel

Smash Journeyman
You can pretty much punish anything with key so if you don't know just charge to key.

PEPESPAIN

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PEPESPAIN
3DS FC
1306-8476-2667
You can pretty much punish anything with key so if you don't know just charge to key.
Usmash sometimes kills earlier than the key. The key sometimes is a suboptimal killing move

Splebel

Smash Journeyman
Usmash sometimes kills earlier than the key. The key sometimes is a suboptimal killing move
True but Usmash is riskier. I was also talking in general of a default move incase someone forgets the most optimal punish.

makemesmellbad

Smash Apprentice
NNID
makemesmellbad
Switch FC
SW-1177-4478-7793
This is all considering that the moves are whiffed, yes? Because it's definitely worth a whole 'nother column for OOS options, I believe.

PEPESPAIN

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PEPESPAIN
3DS FC
1306-8476-2667
Does Anyone know how to change the column caption?
Splebel Splebel you did it @ the MU thread, can you tell me how to do it?

Thanks!!!!!

Splebel

Smash Journeyman
This is the first line in my table:
Code:
[table=head] Characters | Pros | Cons | Summary | Most Recent Discussion | Videos

Last edited:

dragontamer

Smash Ace
NNID
dragontamer5788
Does anyone have the cooldown of the various smash attacks yet? Such a chart is trivial to produce if startup -- active -- cooldown were all complete. It would simply be:

On Whiff: Opponent's cooldown vs Pacman's startup

On Shield: Opponent's Cooldown vs Shield Lag + Shield Drop time + Pacman's Startup (Shield Drop being 0 or 1 frame for OOS options)

On Hit: Opponent's Cooldown vs Hitstun + Pacman's Startup

At very low %, some attacks like Gannondorf's DAir can be punished by Pacman's USmash on hit. In fact, PacMan himself has this issue with Fair (being unsafe even on hit vs a grounded opponent below launch percents, especially if you get landing lag)

Last edited:

makemesmellbad

Smash Apprentice
NNID
makemesmellbad
Switch FC
SW-1177-4478-7793
I would contribute if I had more specifics on the criteria for punishing these moves. Because whiff, block, and spacing are all extremely dynamic factors, and I feel as if the variables are changed in any way, the chart is essentially useless. It may just be my ignorance, but this is basically what frame advantages Pac-Man has in his kit over these moves when whiffed, yeah?

Because it seems like the optimal punish for anything is Pac's new +180% footstool-key drop combo.

Top Bottom