• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pac-man stage??? YES OR NO

AIM0001

Smash Lord
If Pac-man was announced for brawl(which I'd like to see) do you think they can make a good stage for him?

Post your opinions and ideas here.

CodeBlack

Smash Ace
I can't fathom a Pac Man stage that wouldn't end up being extremely complicated...

kilroy

Smash Journeyman
of course they can. i dunno how, but i know they can. :) it's mostly about the aesthetics of the neon blue platforms for me. maybe some random pellets to be eaten by characters that can eat (kirby, pac, wario, dedede, etc.)

RyNo 86

Smash Journeyman
It seems alittle farfetched to me, first off, how could people die. You would be enclosed in the maze and I don't see how they could fall off. Second, pac man was made by namco and it wouldn't make sense for them to put him in when he's not from nintendo. Although if they figured out a way to get people to die on the level I think it would be pretty cool, but I just don't see it happening.

Jave

Smash Ace
NNID
Javeman
Well, it doesn't have to be a maze. They could use something taken from Pac-Land.

Master_Sheik

Smash Journeyman
After seeing the pictochat and warioware stages, I'd dare say Nintendo could get really creative with one. For example....Imagine the classic Pacman Maze level...now imagine this being an Ice Climbers' style stage; however, not only would it simply move up and down, it would move in all directions. The "red walls" of the maze would actually be platforms and the ghost would randomly appear, fruit actually would heal heath...that sort of thing. I'm really not up to elaborating on my idea, but I'm sure get the picture.

Sanjuinuthus

Smash Apprentice
It seems alittle farfetched to me, first off, how could people die. You would be enclosed in the maze and I don't see how they could fall off. Second, pac man was made by namco and it wouldn't make sense for them to put him in when he's not from nintendo. Although if they figured out a way to get people to die on the level I think it would be pretty cool, but I just don't see it happening.
Because Sonic and Snake are from Nintendo, right?

AIM0001

Smash Lord
Because Sonic and Snake are from Nintendo, right?

Haha exactly but if you go on the character threads you might be able to find one on Pac-Man cuz he was recently announced to be in a Mario Kart arcade game so why not Brawl?

x3ni

Smash Cadet
that would be weird...
like the little dudes chasing you
while you make waka, waka, waka noises...wow

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
wouldn't this stage kinda be like G&W like if the player were to go out on the side they would dissapease, but in pac-man however would reappear on the opposite end of the stage? but in seeing Pac-man does have a chance I could only picture him having the original maze stage, just modified of course

Zoinkslls

Smash Apprentice
I know! A blue maze, but the walls can break except the bottom floor, so you can actually fight at the bottom. And the other hazards would be the four ghosts (I thought they added another one?).

GOTM

Smash Champion
pac man will not be in brawl. omg, if he is, and waluigi isnt, i will kill someone. but yea, they actually probably could make a cool stage up.

little twist on the classic

Darkurai

Smash Master
It'd be awesome if pulled off right, but that would be very difficult for the development tea.

x3ni

Smash Cadet
like i said before, noone wants/likes to hear WAKA, WAKA, WAKA, WAKA and A Dieing Battery Noise.
Also i do not think Pac-Man would be a good addtion, a waist of a character slot.
The level would most likely be like the Game and Watch level in SSBM.
I personnally did not like that level.
But thats only my opinion

Darkwolfg

Smash Apprentice
it depends on what you mean by pacman stage if it is the original 2d one not at all it would in my opinion be very complicated for movement and fighting but if it was one of the ones when he whent 3d i could see one of those stages there would be plenty of room and also you could have some of the enimeies as opsticals

Barbeque

Smash Journeyman
If he made it as a playable character (which probably won't happen IMO) then sure. But if he only made it as an assist trophy (which is likely) then no. And if he doesn't make it in brawl at all then obviously not.

elwordo310

Smash Cadet
If Pac-man was announced for brawl(which I'd like to see) do you think they can make a good stage for him?

Post your opinions and ideas here.
Ok so I would cry if Pac Man is in Brawl, thats the stupidest Idea since Jumping off a roof onto the pavement and thinking it was a good idea

AIM0001

Smash Lord
Ok so I would cry if Pac Man is in Brawl, thats the stupidest Idea since Jumping off a roof onto the pavement and thinking it was a good idea
Why would having Pac-Man in the game be a bad idea? I mean I've seen some stupid f***ing ideas for characters like more pok'e mon, clones coming back like pichu, 2nd versoins of characters(Paper Mario, WW Link, Dark Samus). Countless suggestions of other unrealistic 1st and 3rd party characters. I don't think Pac-Man is such a bad idea. But we all have our right to our own opinion so thats coo with me that you DON'T like Pac-man being in brawl. But you forgot that this is not a Pac-Man in brawl thread,this is a question whether or not you think it would make a good stage if he was in not whether you want him to be in.

Mario Girl

Smash Cadet
as a coustom stage, yeah, in fact, I was planning on doing that!
But Pac Man dosen't have a chance in brawl XD It would be fun though

AIM0001

Smash Lord
I'd like him to be in though. But one of the only things that makes me think he'll be in is because of Mario Kart GP and that may not be enough to back up my argument but I think he's a good add on to the retros(along with Balloon Fighter). But ya if not I wonder if stage builder is capable of making a Pac-Man level?

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
pac man will not be in brawl. omg, if he is, and waluigi isnt, i will kill someone. but yea, they actually probably could make a cool stage up.

little twist on the classic
OMG!! you don't want Pac-Man in Brawl? well.. I hate Waluigi and I don't want him in Brawl and indeed I will kill somone if Waluigi is in and Pac-Man ain't, but reason I say this is because Pac-Man is "much", "much" more than what Waluigi can ever be

Marioman19

Smash Rookie
As much as I want Pac in Brawl, he doesn't have a chance.

If he were to get in though, he would have a version of the maze with larger paths in between the squares, ghosts would sprout out of the ghost nests.

Where do they get KOed?, You ask. Considering that Smash seems to 'edit' the stages a bit [Platforms on side of Shine Gate], The Warps on the side of the maze, which would be larger now, would be your exit out.

elwordo310

Smash Cadet
Why would having Pac-Man in the game be a bad idea? I mean I've seen some stupid f***ing ideas for characters like more pok'e mon, clones coming back like pichu, 2nd versoins of characters(Paper Mario, WW Link, Dark Samus). Countless suggestions of other unrealistic 1st and 3rd party characters. I don't think Pac-Man is such a bad idea. But we all have our right to our own opinion so thats coo with me that you DON'T like Pac-man being in brawl. But you forgot that this is not a Pac-Man in brawl thread,this is a question whether or not you think it would make a good stage if he was in not whether you want him to be in.
Dont get me wrong I agree about the lame character Ideas, some of them are out of place and dont make sense, But Pac Man doesn't fit for me. I like pac man as a game and I feel that there are some third party stuff that would work out better. If Sakurai added one more third party character than he promised (deppending on the last one that is announced) then maybe. I think for Now Pac man lvl should be created and Pac man should be put away.

tennisthehilife

Smash Lord
No to Pacman stage b/c it might confirm Pacman.

I loved classic 2D arcade Pacman back in the day.

Recent 3D Pacman suks. He would only discrace the name Brawl. Yes I have a deep hatred of Pacman for Brawl. Hes like the only one I don't want.

Pacman AT would be awesome, along with raining tetris blocks.

AIM0001

Smash Lord
[I think for Now Pac man lvl should be created and Pac man should be put away.[/QUOTE]

Do you mean a Pac-Man level should be created by the developers or you think you should be able to create with stage builder?

Recent 3D Pacman suks. He would only discrace the name Brawl. Yes I have a deep hatred of Pacman for Brawl. Hes like the only one I don't want.

Pacman AT would be awesome, along with raining tetris blocks.[/QUOTE]

Yeah the 3D ones aren't really good at all. But as Pac-Man being an AT, I rather him not be one. I think he's just one of those charcters that is either playable or that is not in the game at all. But that's just me, I'd personally hate an arcade icon like Pac-Man being only used as an AT. Plus if he was an AT he probably won't get a stage then.

Squall Hammer

Smash Rookie
For the record, it's Blinky, Pinky, Inky and Clyde.

Pac-Man in Brawl is something I would LOVE to see, and a Pac-Man stage would be awesome. I can't really think of what it would be other than something based off the classic maze, but it would be awesome regardless.

If Pac-Man were in Brawl, I would imagine that his Final Smash would involve the stage turning into the maze, and Pac-Man reverting to his classic 2D form, and chasing the other characters around, and whoever gets bitten would receive high damage. If Pac-Man's stage was the maze, that would make that Final Smash kind of irrelevant.

Faustus

Smash Apprentice
Corneria, fourth panet of the Lylat System
i think brawl could break some rules, and go with the mortal kombat, DOA approach. You fight on a 2D plane, with the maze seen in the backround, but when a character is hit a certain way, theyll all be knocked into the maze, and.....well....that is one concept. Of course, a side scrolling and vertical scaling stage, a kind of free for all ice climbers ( i believe that was mentioned earlier) could happen.

Top Bottom