• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Pac-Man's Amazing Full Colour Fan Club! - Pac-Man General Thread

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
I feel like I should contribute something. Here's an old moveset I made last year. It could use a lot of work, and looking back on it, I'm not too happy with it, but I'll post it anyway.

Abilities

• # of jumps: 2
  • wall jump: no
  • wall cling: no
  • glide: no
  • crawl: no
Stats

• Size: 1.5/5 (he’s basically a taller Kirby)
  • Weight: 1/5 (very light-weight and prone to being KO’d)
  • Power: 2.5/5 (not very weak or powerful one way or the other)
  • Ground Speed: 2.5/5 (dash speed at Ivysaur’s level)
  • Traction: 3.5/5 (has a bit of a slide, but can turn instantaneously)
  • Jump Ability: 2.5/5 (not bad or good, but height can be augmented with Down Special)
  • Air Speed: 3/5
  • Fall Speed: 3/5
Note: Pac-Man uses many of his classic sound effects. Any move involving dots/pellets includes the famous “waka" sound, fruit-based attacks use the “fruit eat" sound, and so forth.

Standard Attacks

• Jab: Pac-Man throws a basic punch with a fist held out, swinging it inward. He follows this up with two identical punches, alternating fists. An average-strength but quick attack with low range. 5-6%
  • Floor Attack: Hops right up, pausing an inch above the ground while extending all limbs. 3%
  • Floor Attack (Strong): Gets up quickly and twirls around, a circular path of dots forming around him. Contact with the dots does damage. 6%
  • Trip Attack: Tosses a dot (which bursts in a small blast of energy) at the ground in front of him while hopping to his feet. 4%
  • Ledge Attack: Backflips onto the stage, kicking with one leg. 4%
  • Ledge Attack (Strong): Hops up and enthusiastically uppercuts while grinning. Comes out quickly. 6%
  • Dash Attack: Dashes forward in the air two character spaces, chomping at the end of the attack. A good sneak attack. Pokes shields. 9%
  • Ftilt: Leans forward on his toes and chomps. Has a sweetspot at the tip of Pac-Man’s mouth. Pokes shields. A good jab move with lower range than most moves of its kind. Comes out fast. 13%
  • Utilt: Hops a few inches into the air, performing a backflip with one leg extended. Can juggle at low percentages. 9%
  • Dtilt: Low kicks with leg outstretched. Pac-Man slides forward a character space. 9%
Smashes
  • Fsmash: Holds a glowing pac-dot in his fist, reeling back while winding his arm, then punches forward, the pellet giving a powerful glowing transfer of energy to the attack. When fully charged, the pac-dot transforms into a power-pellet, aesthetically giving off a bigger glow and turning the opponent blue just as they’re hit. A fully charged hit uses the “power pellet eaten" sound rather than the normal dot-eating sound. 15-22%
  • Usmash: Facing the screen, hops up and chomps straight upward. Has good vertical knockback. 14-21%
  • Dsmash: Pac-Man becomes solid metal (a powerup of his), and slams the ground with his hard body, sending out a small shockwave on either side of himself. 14-21%
Aerials
  • Nair: Spins horizontally with limbs outstretched, facing the screen and smiling. Rather fast but weak. 8-9%
  • Fair: Holds out an open palm in front of himself, arcing it down in front of his body, creating a trail of 3 pac-dots in front of him. Deals up to three hits if all connect, with a total of 12% damage.
  • Bair: Spins around, swinging two large cherries behind him, holding them by the stem. Has a large hitbox and decent startup, but some cooldown. 12%
  • Uair: Backflips, kicking above him with one leg held out (inspired by the World series). 11%
  • Dair: Sticks one leg down below himself, kicking. Not the strongest move, but it has its place. 11%
Throws
  • Grab: Pac-Man grabs with his mouth. Very short-ranged, but comes out quick as compensation.
  • Pummel: Chews his held opponent. Very fast. 1% per hit.
  • Fthrow: Winds up with cherries held by the stem, then swings forward, clubbing the enemy. Low overall knockback. 12%
  • Bthrow: Tosses the foe a set distance diagonally upward, then quickly pelts them with a dot fired from a slingshot, dealing 6% then 4% damage and minimal knockback.
  • Uthrow: A vertical trail of 5 dots appears above Pac-Man, who chews his way along it, biting the foe at each dot. 2% per bite for a total of 10%.
  • Dthrow: Tosses the foe at the ground, then rapidly throws three dots at them, each making the distinct “waka" sound upon impact. Does no knockback. 3% per hit for a total of 9%.
Special Moves

Neutral Special: Chomp: You have to have this when dealing with Pac-Man. Basically, it’s like Wario’s move of the same name. Pac-Man bites down on anyone within immediate range in front of him. This move varies from Wario’s in that Pac-Man opens up wide for a second, then clamps down, knocking foes away, rather than munching on them. The tip of Pac-Man’s mouth is a sweetspot that deals more knockback. Is a sufficient kill move. Deals 10% damage. Pac-Man can also eat items.

Side Special: Rev Roll: Pac-Man begins running in place for as long as this input is held. When released, he boosts forward in the form of a ball, barreling through enemies, sending them flying backward and dealing 5-14% damage. This move gives Pac-Man some unique physical properties. Charge time, though it maxes out its benefits after 1.75 seconds, determines roll distance and power (speed is always the same), and boosting up and off of a slope or ramp sends Pac-Man a few feet into the air, twirling around in ball form, still acting as a hitbox. Has above-average knockback, but shouldn’t be used as a kill move in all situations, due to its predictability.

Up Special: Dot-Chomp Trail: This was an interesting ability featured in the Pac-Man World games. When facing a trail of dots, Pac-Man could float along the string, munching away at the dots. As his recovery move, the player would control the dots rather than Pac-Man. When the move is used, the player can sketch out a path of dots that Pac-Man will follow as it is drawn. Controlled like Ness’ PK Thunder, the trail of dots is fully maneuverable in every direction, but only lasts for ten dots, each of which takes up about 1 character space. Anyone who gets in the way of Pac-Man’s trail risks being munched for decent knockback and 7% damage. Like in his own games, a lined-up trail of enemies can be munched in quick succession. When this move ends, Pac-Man is left in a semi-fall, like Sonic and Snake are after using their recoveries; basically, he can attack with standard moves, but nothing else as he falls.

Down Special: Butt Bounce: Yes, it’s actually called that. Pac-Man careens downward, slamming the ground and rebounding a certain height into the air (height is halfway between his first and second jump’s max heights). Deals 18% damage from a direct hit. If used three times in rapid succession, a small shockwave will spread out along the ground around Pac-Man, dealing 5% damage. A direct hit from this attack spikes enemies, but Pac-Man will die if used over a pit while failing to hit anything. Since Pac-Man can bounce repeatedly very rapidly, this move puts foes into a prone state so they have a chance to tech away, preventing easy spamming of the attack.

Final Smash: Power Pellet: Oh but of course. Pac-Man eats a power pellet, which causes all of the other players to turn blue. Pac-Man then transforms into a large, retro, pixelated version of himself. The player is then free to move around in the air as if the screen were a Pac-Man maze, albeit at a limited speed. Any player they run mouth-first into is instantly KO’d. The Final Smash lasts for about 11 seconds.

TheCreator

Smash Lord
Namco Bandai either doesn't know how to do it, or doesn't care too. You can kindof tell in how they handle him that they consider him a child's character, so they do childish things with him. They differentiate him from the games they make for their older audiances, and they make a line of toys and an animated series on Disney XD for him. That shouldn't be done. Say for example you can obviously tell that Mario 3D World is designed for everyone. Every mario fan, every child, every adult. No real demographic.

Smady

Smash Master
Not a bad set at all for Pac-Man, Turtles. The special moves are actually good enough to build a MYM set around, and that thought has definitely crossed my mind a couple times.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Ah.

Strange that you can only swing on poles with a tongue when in Chameleon mode, though...
True. Especially when the cartoon has only used the Chameleon Suit once. It's probably made like that because makes more sense then Pac-Man suddenly having Yoshi powers.

HarryTheChin

Smash Ace
I just realized something... Pac-man wears boxing gloves?

There is a boxing stage in Sm4sh.

THEREFORE, PACMAN = IN SMASH 4.

TheCreator

Smash Lord
Arena Ferox? CHROM CONFIRMED
Skyloft? GHIRAHIM CONFIRMED
Boxing ring? LITTLE MAC CONFIRMED
Namco Bandai? PACMAN CONFIRMED

Psh. I wish. All of those except for ghirahim anyway

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Arena Ferox? CHROM CONFIRMED
Skyloft? GHIRAHIM CONFIRMED
Boxing ring? LITTLE MAC CONFIRMED
Namco Bandai? PACMAN CONFIRMED

Psh. I wish. All of those except for ghirahim anyway
Spirit Train? TOON LINK CONFIRMED! :troll:

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
Ah yes, the shrouding mentality of wishful thinking based on flawed inferences. Even with Namco-Bandai working on the game, I am not convinced Pac-Man will be playable. Same goes for all of those other examples.

I have my hopes, though.

Gam3rALO

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Gam3rALO
I hope the leak is true because if it is it looks like i'm maining Pac man!!!!!

SpaceJell0

Smash Ace
NNID
SpaceJell0
3DS FC
0104-0342-5999
Has anybody ever thought that Pac-Man could use moves from other Namco arcade games? Like using the Galaga ship for his Up-B or using the Dig-Dug inflater as his grab/tether? Just a proposal I can see Sakurai implementing if he includes Pac-Man.

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
Has anybody ever thought that Pac-Man could use moves from other Namco arcade games? Like using the Galaga ship for his Up-B or using the Dig-Dug inflater as his grab/tether? Just a proposal I can see Sakurai implementing if he includes Pac-Man.
I've considered this. I'd totally support the idea, though I'd prefer such things were used for his standard moves. His specials should reflect his own franchise, in my opinion.

Rosalina suporter

Smash Ace
Ah yes, the shrouding mentality of wishful thinking based on flawed inferences. Even with Namco-Bandai working on the game, I am not convinced Pac-Man will be playable. Same goes for all of those other examples.

I have my hopes, though.

I have a filling he will be playable.

Gam3rALO ]I hope the leak is true because if it is it looks like i'm maining Pac man!!!!!
I think its true,I can't wait till hes reviled.

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
U.S., Maryland (Eastern Time, UTC - 5hrs)
NNID
EquinoXYZ
As long as sakurai manifests a moveset that honors my favorite video game character of all time, (pac-man) I will main him. But even if he has a bad moveset (unlikely) i will love his inclusion in the game. Maybe even still main him.

Gam3rALO

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Gam3rALO
It seems like Sakurai will never have a bad Moveset for 3rd party characters.

Look at Sonic and Snake, and we all know Mega man will be really good!

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion

Isn't it generally considered that Sonic's moveset could've been a lot better?

Some might argue that three different "curl into a ball and spin" attacks was unnecessary.

I'm sure that Pac's moveset will be fine, though. There is a lot of material to draw on since his appearances haven't been particularly consistent.

I wouldn't mind seeing an old school Pac-Man stage, where you're constantly avoiding the ghosts and the 2D Pac-Man wakka-wakkaing around the maze.

Gam3rALO

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Gam3rALO
Isn't it generally considered that Sonic's moveset could've been a lot better?

Some might argue that three different "curl into a ball and spin" attacks was unnecessary.

I'm sure that Pac's moveset will be fine, though. There is a lot of material to draw on since his appearances haven't been particularly consistent.

I wouldn't mind seeing an old school Pac-Man stage, where you're constantly avoiding the ghosts and the 2D Pac-Man wakka-wakkaing around the maze.
True. I do think Sonic could have been better but at least he was competitively viable. I think characters that are C Tier or higher are good to main. Maybe we don't have to worry about tiers anymore since Sakurai is making this as balanced as possible.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
True. I do think Sonic could have been better but at least he was competitively viable. I think characters that are C Tier or higher are good to main. Maybe we don't have to worry about tiers anymore since Sakurai is making this as balanced as possible.

Yeah, in an ideal world there wouldn't be tiers, only counter-picks. We'll see how it goes, but Smash has a pretty big roster. Hopefully there just won't be huge differences between character success.

So, if Pac-Man for whatever reason doesn't make it as a playable character but was represented somehow, what would people want to see? Assist trophy? Stage?

... BOSS FIGHT?

Gam3rALO

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Gam3rALO
Yeah, in an ideal world there wouldn't be tiers, only counter-picks. We'll see how it goes, but Smash has a pretty big roster. Hopefully there just won't be huge differences between character success.

So, if Pac-Man for whatever reason doesn't make it as a playable character but was represented somehow, what would people want to see? Assist trophy? Stage?

... BOSS FIGHT?
I think a Stage would be cool! Maybe one the represents Pac Man Adventures from the PC

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
I'm not sure why Pac-Man would be represented at all if he's not playable. If another Namco character were chosen, all of the content would probably reflect that character's franchise instead. I wouldn't want it to happen, either. For me, it's playable or bust. The only way I can see it working is if the Namco "series" represented is something like "classic Namco arcade games", but in that case, why would they pick anyone to be playable over Pac-Man? I think the reverse would be more likely; playable Pac-Man, and ATs/bosses/stages/music/trophies from other games, like Galaga, Dig-Dug, and Mappy, to name a few.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
I'm not sure why Pac-Man would be represented at all if he's not playable. If another Namco character were chosen, all of the content would probably reflect that character's franchise instead. I wouldn't want it to happen, either. For me, it's playable or bust. The only way I can see it working is if the Namco "series" represented is something like "classic Namco arcade games", but in that case, why would they pick anyone to be playable over Pac-Man? I think the reverse would be more likely; playable Pac-Man, and ATs/bosses/stages/music/trophies from other games, like Galaga, Dig-Dug, and Mappy, to name a few.

Entirely true, all of this.

But WHAT IF?

(... mostly, I enjoy thinking about the hilarity that a giant Pac-Man boss would be.)

TheCreator

Smash Lord
Rosalina supporter. Your filling......what flavor?

Anyhow, Pacman's just a boss. Thats how it is with no disputing. I'm actually able to sit through his show sometimes, for the sole fact that Pacman is in it. Every third party character has a good moveset, with some sort of flashy gimmick to make them more......flashy. Like Sonic is fast as hell, all Snake uses is guns, Megaman has his robot master weapons. It's just a question of what should Pacman's be?

Gimmick isn't really the correct word but oh well

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
NNID
EquinoXYZ

Megaman has surpassed the necessities of being a good character. He's overpowered. I am okay with his inclusion even though i didn't grow up with him, but opening day on ssb4, wifi servers will be filled with spammy megaman abusers. I don't look forward to getting triple metor smashed by 3 megaman hard knuckles and I will not like the leaf spam either XD. Hopefully i can defeat all of them with my mains (Mr.G&W and pac-man) instead of succubing to the wrath of spammers.

_R@bid_

Smash Journeyman
Rosalina supporter. Your filling......what flavor?

Anyhow, Pacman's just a boss. Thats how it is with no disputing. I'm actually able to sit through his show sometimes, for the sole fact that Pacman is in it. Every third party character has a good moveset, with some sort of flashy gimmick to make them more......flashy. Like Sonic is fast as hell, all Snake uses is guns, Megaman has his robot master weapons. It's just a question of what should Pacman's be?

Gimmick isn't really the correct word but oh well
While I really hate the idea of Pac Man getting included, just because I dislike how generic and bland he seems very likely to be, I think he'd be awesome if he was completely spherical, and his entire moveset was focused on that gimmick. It's his most unique trait IMO, and it serves as a throwback to his arcade games, which I think are the appearances where he truly shone. All his appearances after that seem like such wasted potential. Too bad it's not very likely to happen.

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
NNID
EquinoXYZ
While I really hate the idea of Pac Man getting included, just because I dislike how generic and bland he seems very likely to be, I think he'd be awesome if he was completely spherical, and his entire moveset was focused on that gimmick. It's his most unique trait IMO, and it serves as a throwback to his arcade games, which I think are the appearances where he truly shone. All his appearances after that seem like such wasted potential. Too bad it's not very likely to happen.
I like the idea of pacman using moves from the arcade like chomping, chasing ghosts, and using his old powerups in pacman arrangement. I just would dislike a 2d pacman because the creator himself said that pacman should evolve like other icons and keeping him in 2d isn't how to do it. Sonic shined on the genesis as a fat, short, and stubby version but that doesn't mean we should keep him in that appearance.

I love having the credit as the first person to make a movset for pacman, >:-) and now I have updated it a 4th time I think by now?
Pac-Man
Speed: 7/10
Power: 7/10
Traction: 10/10 opposite of luigi
Weight: 6/10
Can also wall Jump
First jump is similar to up smash, and second jump is the magic boots from pac land

Specials

B-Pellet Throw - Pac-Man throws pac-dots at the opponent at fast speeds. It you charge It for 2 seconds it becomes a Fruit and does high damage and knockback. 6-20% damage. From Pac-in-Time

Side B: Rev Roll- Pac-Man charges up a run in place and like Ike's side B, you are fully charged after 1 second and you roll into the opponent after you release B. Has decent knockback like Ike's side B. But, like in pacman world 2 opponents running at pac-man while Pac-Man rolls toward them, is not only blasted away with high knock back, but dazed for 3 seconds as if they were hit with a deku nut. (Does 17% if fully charged.) From Pac-Man world 2

Down B: Butt Bounce- Pac-Man jumps up and bounces back down with his...Butt. Can be use 3 times in a row after the first bounce. Meteor smashes in mid-air, 3rd hit pushes opponent away like toon link's d-air. Can be moved side to side across the whole stage. 3rd hit makes a shock wave that does 5% on contact (1st hit does 9%, 2nd does 10%, and 3rd does 13%. ) From Pac-Man world 2

Up B: Red Pac-Dot- Pac-Man throws out a red pac dot and eats it. He turns back into 8 bit form and a ghost chases him while he is eating. When he does a line of pac-dots form in mid air. You can control where the pac-dots turn. It can also latch onto the stage. Pac-Man eats the dots as fast as a fire fox's speed. Opponents can be hurt if they touch Pac-Man's mouth while eating. From Pac-Man world 2

Smashes

Forward smash- Chomp: I believe this should be his smash instead of B move so hat way, we keep the iconic chomp, and give Pac-Man a useful projectile. also, it protects from having to give him a boring punch. (15% uncharged 30% fully charged.) very high knockback. From original pac-man

Up Smash- Uppercut:

do I even need words to explain this iconic jump? jumps up like Sonic's up-smash but does an uppercut instead. (12% uncharged 22% fully charged.) average knockback. from world series

Down Smash-Pellet Wave: This was hard, but I finally got it. Pac-Man hits the ground and a small circle of pellets waves around him that do damage on contact. It might sound lame,(or creative in my eyes) but it was hard to make. cut me some slack. ;) (14% uncharged 18% fully charged.) average knockback. From...my imagination

Standards

AAA: Pac-man throws a left hook, right hook, then a jab that sends out a small shock wave in front of him. (4%, 6%, then 9%.)
example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UFMBujNRfs 5:12 - 5:15. From Pac-Man world 3

U-air: Pac-Man does a flip kick with skates on and does slicing damage, like a blade. (does 12%)From Pac-man world 2.

D-air: Pac-Man pulls out a galaga ship and shoots downward with it. (does 13%) Meteor smashes.

F-air- Pac-man takes both fists and smashes opponents. Acts like ike's(it doesn't meteor smash) 11% damage.

B-air - Pac-man does a backwards roundhouse kick like fox. (10% damage)

N-air - pac-man spins around in a circle and hurts opponents. I lost ideas for this one XD. (does 6% on first hit, 1% on any other frame but the first.)

Z- air - pac man uses his grapple from the old pac-in-time game. Only the tip does damage (5%)

F-tilt - pac man does a simple front kick (7%)

U-tilt.- pac man does a small headbutt upwards. Can juggle. ( 8%)

D-tilt - pacman does two floor kicks.( 4% first, 3% second)

Throws

F- throw - pacman throws opponent up hooks them with grappling hook and swings them forward. (does 9%)

D-throw- pacman throws opponent down and hammers thwm with his hammer from pac-in-time. (does 12 damage) does no knockback like mr.g&w's down throw.

U-throw - pacman hooks opponent with grappling hook and swings them forward.(8% damage)

B-throw- pacman tosses opponent in a backwards overhead toss then shoots them with pellet gun (10% damage)

Taunts

Up- taunt - pacman looks around amazed like the pac man world 2 idle animation

Down taunt- pacman's eyes turn to x's and he spins around and fall. Pacman death music plays. Death animation in the world series.

Side-taunt- pacman throws and kicks a pac dot around like a soccer ball then eats it. It has a rare chance of being a power-up each time. He gains different abilities from each item. Cyan pill makes a duplicate on the opposite side of the stage and the magic wand makes opponents into presents that can't attack for 3 seconds. From pacman world series and pac-man arrangement.

Star KO animation: pac-man has eyes like in his down taunt and the pac-man death animation plays.

TheCreator

Smash Lord
I like the idea of pacman using moves from the arcade like chomping, chasing ghosts, and using his old powerups in pacman arrangement. I just would dislike a 2d pacman because the creator himself said that pacman should evolve like other icons and keeping him in 2d isn't how to do it. Sonic shined on the genesis as a fat, short, and stubby version but that doesn't mean we should keep him in that appearance.

I said no such thing. But I do agree

_R@bid_

Smash Journeyman

I love having the credit as the first person to make a movset for pacman, >:-) and now I have updated it a 4th time I think by now?
Pac-Man
Speed: 7/10
Power: 7/10
Traction: 10/10 opposite of luigi
Weight: 6/10
Can also wall Jump
First jump is similar to up smash, and second jump is the magic boots from pac land

Specials

B-Pellet Throw - Pac-Man throws pac-dots at the opponent at fast speeds. It you charge It for 2 seconds it becomes a Fruit and does high damage and knockback. 6-20% damage. From Pac-in-Time

Side B: Rev Roll- Pac-Man charges up a run in place and like Ike's side B, you are fully charged after 1 second and you roll into the opponent after you release B. Has decent knockback like Ike's side B. But, like in pacman world 2 opponents running at pac-man while Pac-Man rolls toward them, is not only blasted away with high knock back, but dazed for 3 seconds as if they were hit with a deku nut. (Does 17% if fully charged.) From Pac-Man world 2

Down B: Butt Bounce- Pac-Man jumps up and bounces back down with his...Butt. Can be use 3 times in a row after the first bounce. Meteor smashes in mid-air, 3rd hit pushes opponent away like toon link's d-air. Can be moved side to side across the whole stage. 3rd hit makes a shock wave that does 5% on contact (1st hit does 9%, 2nd does 10%, and 3rd does 13%. ) From Pac-Man world 2

Up B: Red Pac-Dot- Pac-Man throws out a red pac dot and eats it. He turns back into 8 bit form and a ghost chases him while he is eating. When he does a line of pac-dots form in mid air. You can control where the pac-dots turn. It can also latch onto the stage. Pac-Man eats the dots as fast as a fire fox's speed. Opponents can be hurt if they touch Pac-Man's mouth while eating. From Pac-Man world 2

Smashes

Forward smash- Chomp: I believe this should be his smash instead of B move so hat way, we keep the iconic chomp, and give Pac-Man a useful projectile. also, it protects from having to give him a boring punch. (15% uncharged 30% fully charged.) very high knockback. From original pac-man

Up Smash- Uppercut:

do I even need words to explain this iconic jump? jumps up like Sonic's up-smash but does an uppercut instead. (12% uncharged 22% fully charged.) average knockback. from world series

Down Smash-Pellet Wave: This was hard, but I finally got it. Pac-Man hits the ground and a small circle of pellets waves around him that do damage on contact. It might sound lame,(or creative in my eyes) but it was hard to make. cut me some slack. ;) (14% uncharged 18% fully charged.) average knockback. From...my imagination

Standards

AAA: Pac-man throws a left hook, right hook, then a jab that sends out a small shock wave in front of him. (4%, 6%, then 9%.)
example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UFMBujNRfs 5:12 - 5:15. From Pac-Man world 3

U-air: Pac-Man does a flip kick with skates on and does slicing damage, like a blade. (does 12%)From Pac-man world 2.

D-air: Pac-Man pulls out a galaga ship and shoots downward with it. (does 13%) Meteor smashes.

F-air- Pac-man takes both fists and smashes opponents. Acts like ike's(it doesn't meteor smash) 11% damage.

B-air - Pac-man does a backwards roundhouse kick like fox. (10% damage)

N-air - pac-man spins around in a circle and hurts opponents. I lost ideas for this one XD. (does 6% on first hit, 1% on any other frame but the first.)

Z- air - pac man uses his grapple from the old pac-in-time game. Only the tip does damage (5%)

F-tilt - pac man does a simple front kick (7%)

U-tilt.- pac man does a small headbutt upwards. Can juggle. ( 8%)

D-tilt - pacman does two floor kicks.( 4% first, 3% second)

Throws

F- throw - pacman throws opponent up and them forward. (does 9%)

D-throw- pacman throws opponent down and hammers thwm with his hammer from pac-in-time. (does 12 damage) does no knockback like mr.g&w's down throw.

U-throw - pacman hooks opponent with grappling hook and swings them forward.(8% damage)

B-throw- pacman tosses opponent in a backwards overhead toss then shoots them with pellet gun (10% damage)

Taunts

Up- taunt - pacman looks around amazed like the pac man world 2 idle animation

Down taunt- pacman's eyes turn to x's and he spins around and fall. Pacman death music plays. Death animation in the world series.

Side-taunt- pacman throws and kicks a pac dot around like a soccer ball then eats it. It has a rare chance of being a power-up each time. He gains different abilities from each item. Cyan pill makes a duplicate on the opposite side of the stage and the magic wand makes opponents into presents that can't attack for 3 seconds. From pacman world series and pac-man arrangement.

Star KO animation: pac-man has eyes like in his down taunt and the pac-man death animation plays.
I don't necessarily want a 2d Pac Man, since I think he would be really hard to implement, even if I dislike his 3d look, especially his recent one. I just want a limbless one, because someone designed with that in mind would be incredibly unique and still reference how he looks ingame in the arcade games. While evolution is important, how he evolves is even more so, and I personally don't like his new design or his new games at all. And as for the moveset, the side and neutral b feel a little generic- neutral seems like Falco's laser but chargeable, while side B seems very derivative of Ike's, and the main unique aspect will only come into play if the opponent acts really stupidly. Down B, even if it is superficially similar to others like Yoshi's or Bowser's, is very different in execution, so I'm fine with it, and Up B is a really cool move.
Your normals, I'm not so thrilled with though, since I really want him limbless, and those moves are very limb based, removing his IMO best trait. It's kinda like a Mega Man moveset where all the normals are punches and kicks- it's not using him to his full potential. Hope that criticism didn't seem too negative.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Pac-Man is on my roster with only two oppositions:

Opposition 1: Ghostly Adventures/ Power Pellets

I admire Pac-Man deeply. That sounded strange. Anyway, I enjoy playing Pac-Man. And, a guilty pleasure, I actually... kinda... enjoy Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures. pleasedontkillme. I thought it was a lot better than most video game shows, including (but not limited to) the Super Mario Bros. Super Show, The Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog and Captain N. BUT- I feel that the use of Power Pellets as power-ups can be kinda boring. I know that he used them in Pac-Man World, but I'm not talking about those. I'm talking full transformation Ice/Chameleon/Fire/Dragon/Balloon Pac-Man I feel just isn't the way to go. I doubt it'll happen in full transformation (if anything I'd hope it would act like Mega Man, staying in normal form) but I just want a Pac-Man who chomps, butt bounces, rev rolls and pac-dot chains his way into victory.

Opposition 2: Mokujin/ Street Fighter VS. Tekken

*sigh*, do I really need to explain this? I enjoy Street Fighter. I enjoy Tekken. I enjoy Pac-Man and Mega Man. BUT WHAT THEY DID... was unacceptable. BAD BOX ART MEGA MAN? DA FUDGE? And then I wake up screaming to THIS:

No wooden mech. Only spherical goodness, good day to YOU, sir! OK, the Pac-Man ending was clever, and I did actually kinda enjoy Bad Box Art Mega Man. But why THESE over actual Mega Man and Pac-Man? UNLESS- Clever Sakurai. Talked with Namco-Bandai and Capcom about SSB4. He wanted Pac-Man and Mega Man in SSB4. But UH-OH. Dey already gonna be in Street Fighter VS. Tekken. So, GENIUS IDEA-Put in fake-out Pac-Man and Mega Man in SFvT to let everyone's guards down. BOOT DEN- glorious, beautiful Mega Man and Pac-Man in HD BEAUTY as we desire them in Super Smash Bros. Masahiro Sakurai, you sly dog. LET IT HAPPEN.

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
NNID
EquinoXYZ
I don't necessarily want a 2d Pac Man, since I think he would be really hard to implement, even if I dislike his 3d look, especially his recent one. I just want a limbless one, because someone designed with that in mind would be incredibly unique and still reference how he looks ingame in the arcade games. While evolution is important, how he evolves is even more so, and I personally don't like his new design or his new games at all. And as for the moveset, the side and neutral b feel a little generic- neutral seems like Falco's laser but chargeable, while side B seems very derivative of Ike's, and the main unique aspect will only come into play if the opponent acts really stupidly. Down B, even if it is superficially similar to others like Yoshi's or Bowser's, is very different in execution, so I'm fine with it, and Up B is a really cool move.
Your normals, I'm not so thrilled with though, since I really want him limbless, and those moves are very limb based, removing his IMO best trait. It's kinda like a Mega Man moveset where all the normals are punches and kicks- it's not using him to his full potential. Hope that criticism didn't seem too negative.
Not at all too negative, we all have our opinions and that side B special mechanic, I admit, will only work on idiots. XD the Neutral B is just a projectile I wanted to give him and actually almost everyone in the game with a gun projectile works like that. The normal can't be made when he is limbless though, It would look weird and be very boring in my opinion. Also the only time he was limbless was in-game pac-man and super pac-man and in pac-and- roll and that was by a magic curse (in the pac-man storyline). He was always a 3d character though, even on side of the arcade box. I really dislike a limbless pac-man though because I think it would be weird. Being limbless seems like a lame trait in my opinion (more of an impairment and setback). I want a fully limbed pac-man because It would fit better. His best traits to me are his endless eating, funny antics, and wide variety of moves from every game he has. He can pretty much be put in anything (at least that was Namco does to him) But pac-man is a fighter so I think he should have fighting abilities in his best form; the one he met Mario in, the one who he was designed in, the one that has the most games and is well recognized in this generation, the 3d, with limbs, form. But it has to be his first 3d form from the pac-man world series. the new one sucks.

@the creator: I meant the creator of pacman XDXDXD

Eric the Lone

Smash Journeyman
Just another move set to add to the pile.

Pac Man (2D style)

Battle type: Combo specialist with generally low range, with some exceptions, and good power. Has
several good kill moves. Average speed, above average recovery, medium weight and fall. Above
average in FFA, strong in 1v1, due to unpredictable style. Prefers to fight on the ground where
his range is superior. An Olimar stopper. Can also control projectile spammers like Mega Man and
Samus.

B - Buzzsaw - Pacman spins rapidly in place, charging power. Will deflect projectiles in this
state. You can stop and run around between charges like DK and his punch. It's not a spin dash or
rollout. It's a stationary razor spin, so you have to jump into people or have them touching you
before you unleash it. Very high knockback fully charged, very fast start up, laggy cooldown, low
range.

Side B - Pellet Tether - Pac Man shoots a line of pellets out of his mouth, which he then chomps
to climb up to the stage. The front pellet has strong knockback, comes out relatively quick.
Laggy as it pulls back int his mouth. Tether range restored by eating pellets.

Down B - Pellet Drop- Pac Man drops a pellet (you don't want to know from where). He can drop up
to 4 at a time. You can pick them up and spit them as projectiles, or re-eat them. Opponents will
also slip on them. The more you have out the less range you have on the tether and the pellet-
based attacks.

Up B - Ghost Lift - Ghosts from the Pacman games float Pac Man up towards the stage before
disappearing.

Grabs:

Pac Man grabs by lunging forward and clamping people with his mouth.

Up throw - Pacman spins fast, flinging them out of his mouth upward.
Down throw - Same, only down.
Forward/Back throw - Same, only sideways.

Regular attacks:

A tap - Bite - He chomps.
A combo - Hyper Chomp

Running A - Pacman rolls, crashing into people.

Up Smash - Pellet Boost - A line of pellets shoots downwards into the ground, sharply
propelling Pac Man upward. Strong upward knockback, quick. Good to excellent range. Laggy on the
back end, since the tether has to retract to lower Pac Man to the ground.

Down Smash - Pellet Lasso - Pac spins around with a pellet chain encircling him. Medium speed,
good disjointed range. Average power and knockback.

Side Smash - Pellet Lash - Pac snaps a pellet chain like a whip (Simon Belmont nod). Good
knockback, very strong at tip. Good overall speed. Good to excellent dijointed range depending on
the pellet situation.

Tilt A Up - A weak short range "pellet boost", low combo friendly upward knockback.
Tilt A Down - Low knockback ankle chomp.
Tilt A Side - Pac half-spin swings horizontally, like a door opening.

Up Aerial - Aerial headbutt. Good knockback, low range.
Down Aerial - Butt Bounce - Downward bounce on top of foe. Meteor spike.
Neutral Aerial - Pac Man spins end over end. As he does in the games when he is caught by ghosts. Think Pikachu/Pichu nair. Medium knockback,
unpunishable.
Forward Aerial - Flies into opponent frisbee style. Low knockback combo chainer, unpunishable.
Back Air - Reverse air tackle. Just throws himself at opponent rear first.

Final Smash - Super Pellet - Opponents turn blue and Pac Man chases them around like ghosts.
Touching anyone is pretty much insta kill.

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
Pac-Man is on my roster with only two oppositions:

Opposition 1: Ghostly Adventures/ Power Pellets

I admire Pac-Man deeply. That sounded strange. Anyway, I enjoy playing Pac-Man. And, a guilty pleasure, I actually... kinda... enjoy Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures. pleasedontkillme. I thought it was a lot better than most video game shows, including (but not limited to) the Super Mario Bros. Super Show, The Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog and Captain N. BUT- I feel that the use of Power Pellets as power-ups can be kinda boring. I know that he used them in Pac-Man World, but I'm not talking about those. I'm talking full transformation Ice/Chameleon/Fire/Dragon/Balloon Pac-Man I feel just isn't the way to go. I doubt it'll happen in full transformation (if anything I'd hope it would act like Mega Man, staying in normal form) but I just want a Pac-Man who chomps, butt bounces, rev rolls and pac-dot chains his way into victory.

I completely agree. I'd rather not see any of the Ghostly Adventures powers included in his moveset. Most of them are generic power-ups (to say nothing of how generic rolling, biting, and bouncing already are), and I feel like they're just too random and disparate to meld into a solid playstyle together. Plus, they're not really iconic to his character; even less so than the Rev Roll and Butt Bounce, etc. I'd rather see his moveset consist of biting, bouncing, and rolling like the hungry sphere-shape he is, not ice-breathing and tongue-grabbing.

Top Bottom