• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Pac-Man's Amazing Full Colour Fan Club! - Pac-Man General Thread

BSP

Smash Legend
Mario is a great second for Pac-Man. I still don't see it myself, but apparently a lot of top players think he either goes even with or only loses slightly to Sheik.

Edit: People getting hype over basic Pac-Man stuff lol. So unexplored....

Edit: Ally vs multiple top Sheiks today confirmed my suspicions. I don't see Mario handling Sheik at high level either.

Last edited:

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
Mario is a great second for Pac-Man. I still don't see it myself, but apparently a lot of top players think he either goes even with or only loses slightly to Sheik.

Lol I got excited for a lot of the stuff I saw.

The Hydrant, Galactigan, side pellet triple attack tech was insane.

Abadango has Esam is next.

Last edited:

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
U.S., Maryland (Eastern Time, UTC - 5hrs)
NNID
EquinoXYZ
And that's why you don't sleep on Pac-Man's shield pressure.

Side B is legit

l

And the fact that there are no bounds to our trickery just makes me more excited!

Abadango should have trampolined more when he approached with the hydrant. He locked angel in shield

Last edited:

BSP

Smash Legend
Lol I got excited for a lot of the stuff I saw.

The Hydrant, Galactigan, side pellet triple attack tech was insane.

Abadango has Esam is next.
That's nothing new to me. I did that once at my first LSU tournament lol. I call it the "everything but the kitchen sink" setup.

In fact, Abadango could've done it better. Remember when I was talking about hydrant -> galaxian from hand -> fair launch? Abadango only did it once, and he almost got a shield break when he did. He could've kept eating Angel's shield alive.

And that's why you don't sleep on Pac-Man's shield pressure.

Side B is legit

And the fact that there are no bounds to our trickery just makes me more excited!

Abadango should have trampolined more when he approached with the hydrant. He locked angel in shield
There wasn't enough trampoline in general IMO. Angel was giving him all the time in the world, so it surprised me. I was also shocked that abadango didn't take advantage of the situation to get Keys in his hand.

Esam will probably be tough, but we'll see what happens.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
Esam will probably be tough, but we'll see what happens.
It's a matchup where I am dependent on on-fire hydrant for. He is going to find a lot of the hydrant fruit tricks ineffective against Pikachu. I really wish he had 1112 in the sets right now.

Dabuz lost to True-blue lol. I guess Abadango may have a better Rosalina haha.

Last edited:

BSP

Smash Legend
Well....I came in at the right time. Abadango doing serious work. He should've had faith in the bell.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
Pikachu is not one of our hardest matchups.
Apparently our stage control is even better than I thought?

And I always liked battlefield :p
Well damn I'm speechless.

My computer restarted so I missed the middle of the first match.

Abadango won comfortably enough without even pelleting the thunderjolts, it's impressive.

Phampy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Phampy
Watching from my booth at evo. Really wish I could've competed. I ran a train at the byoc area with my pacman. So much so that people were hyped everytime I got ko'd. I eventually left the area undefeated as pacman. I hope I can find a doubles partner for later on. I have time then I think

BSP

Smash Legend
I missed all of Abadango vs Esam except the last 10 seconds of game 3. Apparently he got a fraudulent hydrant KO.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
Watching from my booth at evo. Really wish I could've competed. I ran a train at the byoc area with my pacman. So much so that people were hyped everytime I got ko'd. I eventually left the area undefeated as pacman. I hope I can find a doubles partner for later on. I have time then I think
You're at Evo, why didn't you compete?

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
I missed all of Abadango vs Esam except the last 10 seconds of game 3. Apparently he got a fraudulent hydrant KO.
Abadango got a jank ko in match 3, but Esam got a jank ko in match 1 so it's just deserts I guess.

Last edited:

Phampy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Phampy
You're at Evo, why didn't you compete?
I thought the company would want me glued to the booth. Turns out they let me come and go when business is slow. That's when I got the chance to play casuals/friendlies with people. If they sponsored me I would've been able to come and go as needed. I was pretty much brought on last minute by some friends cause they were short on help.

abit_rusty

Smash Lord
NNID
Rontuaru
3DS FC
2895-8974-0662
Abadango got a jank ko in match 3, but Esam got a jank ko in match 1 so it's just deserts I guess.
Not to mention Abadango damn near JV 2-stocked him back in match 1 after that 0% gimp

Free up some parking spots boys, the bandwagon cometh

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
Abadango vs Zero next. I'm expecting Rosalina from him.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
Damn Abadango is one the same side of losers as Dabuz

BSP

Smash Legend
He beat Dabuz with Wario, but got taken out by Mr R. There's no way to avoid Sheik at top level and his main can't handle her. It was inevitable.

Still, 4th is great. From what I understand, he went Pac-Man against everyone except Sonic, Rosalina, and Sheik.

NimbusSpark

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NimbusSpark
Abadango got 4th? Wow, our Pac-Man from Japan doin' work. Understandable why he switched characters up against Pac's counters, but wow... our man definitely is doing better, hopefully we'll actually get the Pac bandwagon.
Now I can use this picture.

Oh, the irony, he was originally my secondary at one point.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
He beat Dabuz with Wario, but got taken out by Mr R. There's no way to avoid Sheik at top level and his main can't handle her. It was inevitable.

Still, 4th is great. From what I understand, he went Pac-Man against everyone except Sonic, Rosalina, and Sheik.
He beat Angel Cortez, MDV and Esam with Pacman. Impressive.

ToxoT

Smash Apprentice
can someone record a replay for me? add me and ill send it to you. i got a really crazy early kill combo and it isn't all that hard to replicate

Last edited:

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
Abadango switched when he got to Pac-Man's 40-60's (sonic and rosa) and Shiek (who gets better with customs)

Wow. Maybe @ fromundaman fromundaman was right about us being top 10. If Shiek gets nerfed, there will be nothing to stop us.
:demon:

Let the Pac-Man Dynasty begin!
You know I feel like the reason Zero went Diddy in gfs is specifically so that Nintendo wouldn't nerf her. Craft *******.

@ M Maziyah : its cool, I've had a ****ty weekend, I was likely to bail anyways.

BSP

Smash Legend
You'd have to have some serious blinders on to look at Sheik's current incarnation and not think she should be touched at least a little bit. Either nerf Fair or needles imo.

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
NNID
EquinoXYZ
But if samurai nerfs shiek and buffs our grab...will there be anyone to stop the Pac-Man?

I'm almost certain that shiek will get nerfed hard, but now there is also a small possibility of Pac-Man's grab being buffed (remember the PB&J match? So many grab whiffs)

Edit: lol samurai. It was a mistake, but i'm keeping it

Last edited:

DJDave189

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DJDave157
Damn Abadango is a beast with Pac-Man and Wario. Makes me glad that I main the 2 best characters in the game. lol

But seriously I love Abadango's Pac-Man a lot. Watching his battles was really hype.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
Hopefully Nintendo sees the bigger picture and realizes that it's just ZeRo being amazing.
Well if Nintendo accept that Zero is just amazing then only one Shiek make top 8, doesn't really help our case for Shiek being nerfed.What I want them to look at is Zero used Shiek in all his matches past quarters except for Grand finals

Psi Sig

Smash Journeyman
Going to my second Wii U tournament today, here's to hoping

edit** I got knocked into losers by a luigi player, I need to learn the match up better. I won game one then he addapted and I just kept flubbing inputs, definetly need more controller practice.
Then I lost to my friends Yoshi game 3 last stock last hit. There's always next month

Last edited:

BSP

Smash Legend
A video of Abadango vs Esam is already on YT. Why wasn't Abadango healing off of fullscreen Tjolts and Twaves? Must've been the nerves.

ToxoT

Smash Apprentice
got my friend to record the footage i needed, mentioned this combo before but i couldnt get the wording right

NimbusSpark

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NimbusSpark
Guys, I think I accidentally stumbled onto something that might be considered as a bit of hope for us.
Well, in the midst of me adding stuff onto my Character Spreadsheet, I decided to stuff around a bit and compare characters with each other. And from what I found...

Pac-Man's Aerials are on average approximately...
0.4 frames faster that than of
Mario.
On par with
Ryu and Meta Knight.
And 0.2 frames slower than
Shiek, who has the fastest in terms of all the characters I put in the Spreadsheet so far. This could be changed for all I know, but not only are our Aerials are nearly as fast as the top tier threat herself, but we're equal second in terms of how fast they are.
It's just something I wanted to say. His Ground Moves (Which includes his Jab, Dash Attack and Tilts) are pretty fast overall too.

EDIT: Also, I can only consider his Frame Data 'average' just because of how laggy his Smashes and Grabs are, when compared to his other moves.

Last edited:

BSP

Smash Legend
Our aerial startup is great, but we commit much more than the likes of Mario and Sheik. Our aerials tend to have more lag, and we re not as mobile as them.

I need to do some revaluation on Pac-Man's smash attacks. I thought air attacks could clank with the ghosts, but I'm finding that Blinky can beat Luigi's Nair and Bair cleanly. I may be under-estimating how useful our smashes are against aerial opponents...or I may be derping on air/ground interactions of moves.

I also found that on the ground, our Fsmash will cancel out and proceed to hit with the sour spot against Sonic's Fsmash thrown at the same time. Same thing for Dsmash.

Last note: local weekly today. I won with 100% Pac-Man, woo. The trampoline gives Fox some significant trouble.

Edit: our dash attack is F10, slower than it seems.

Last edited:

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
NNID
EquinoXYZ
Our aerial startup is great, but we commit much more than the likes of Mario and Sheik. Our aerials tend to have more lag, and we re not as mobile as them.

I need to do some revaluation on Pac-Man's smash attacks. I thought air attacks could clank with the ghosts, but I'm finding that Blinky can beat Luigi's Nair and Bair cleanly. I may be under-estimating how useful our smashes are against aerial opponents...or I may be derping on air/ground interactions of moves.

I also found that on the ground, our Fsmash will cancel out and proceed to hit with the sour spot against Sonic's Fsmash thrown at the same time. Same thing for Dsmash.

Last note: local weekly today. I won with 100% Pac-Man, woo. The trampoline gives Fox some significant trouble.

Edit: our dash attack is F10, slower than it seems.
Backwards perfect pivot into Fsmash/Dsmash when an opponent tries to attack us from the air?

Our ghosts seem to have a property that beats projectiles as well. Not too useul considering the startup, but maybe it can help us beat projectiles in mid range

Edit: congratulations! Fox struggles more against the trampoline than even falcon because of his ****ty approach options, horrible air speed, and because his prime kill move (running up smash) is negated by the trampoline.

Last edited:

BSP

Smash Legend
Backwards perfect pivot into Fsmash/Dsmash when an opponent tries to attack us from the air?

Our ghosts seem to have a property that beats projectiles as well. Not too useul considering the startup, but maybe it can help us beat projectiles in mid range

Edit: congratulations! Fox struggles more against the trampoline than even falcon because of his ****ty approach options, horrible air speed, and because his prime kill move (running up smash) is negated by the trampoline.
Vs Projectiles, the interaction is pretty normal from what I'm getting. The ghosts are hitboxes, but they don't have hurtboxes like our fruits do. If you try to challenge Samus' fully charged charge shot with Blinky, it'll go through and hit Pac-Man. If you charge it some, Blinky will cancel it out.

Is it just me, or is it fun to call our smashes by their names instead of old generic F/U/Dsmash? lol.

You're right about Fox and trampoline, it messes him up big time.

Jords2Good

Smash Journeyman
Hello pacman mains, I'm not sure where to ask this but I was wondering if there a was a Skype group chat for pacman mains to chat. I would love to play other pacman players and develop my skills more with pacman.

Seeing abadango do so well at evo with pacman, it made me want to get better with him even more.

I'd also love to explore pacmans custom moves like freaky fruit and the on fire hydrant which imo seems like the best custom set for pacman.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Hello pacman mains, I'm not sure where to ask this but I was wondering if there a was a Skype group chat for pacman mains to chat. I would love to play other pacman players and develop my skills more with pacman.

Seeing abadango do so well at evo with pacman, it made me want to get better with him even more.

I'd also love to explore pacmans custom moves like freaky fruit and the on fire hydrant which imo seems like the best custom set for pacman.
http://smashboards.com/threads/erratic-apple-a-small-guide-for-freaky-fruit-now-complete.383826/
Here's some (outdated) info on Freaky Fruit.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Hey guys, been taking a break from the boards and the game for a few weeks (In part due to burning the crap out of my hands, and in part because I needed a break). Seems to have done me some good as I made 2nd in a tournament tonight.

On a side note, I had 3 different weird things happen in the same set that could be very useful if we can recreate them:

1) Kirby was doing his UpB to recover. I mis-spaced my hydrant and hit the blade of the UpB on it's way up, making it clank with hydrant. The interesting part is that as a result, he was unable to grab the ledge on his way back down. I need to test this more but that could be seriously OP against Kirby (And maybe similar recoveries?).

2) Kirby FF Down Aired me onto an offstage trampoline. As is tradition, it forces me into the trampoline, back into his dair, back into trampoline, using all the jumps as we both go through it. Weird thing was this time instead of us both going into free-fall, only Kirby went into free fall and I went back into neutral. The weird thing was though that despite being able to double jump (I apparently got it back) and do aerials, I was not able to do an UpB (I didn't check for side B).

3) This is a big one but I have not been able to recreate it in training mode since getting home:

Kirby ledge trumped me and briefly harassed me to force me back to the ledge (But did not hit me). I SideB back with the pellet near the ledge. Kirby starts charging a Dsmash to punish the ledge grab, as it reaches below the stage. As I sideB back, I hear the sound of him eating the last pellet, which is right next to the ledge, then regrab the ledge.

For some reason, this gave me ledge invincibility again, allowing me to go right through the Dsmash and punish.

If we can recreate this, it could basically make us immune to a lot of ledge trump traps.

EDIT:

As for Shiek nerfs... I really hope the don't completely butcher the character. All I want to see is for her hurtboxes to get normalized. Part of the reason Fair is so amazing and beats out most other moves is because she has almost no hurtboxes on the move. IDK exactly where it is on Fair, but I would assume only her head since on Bouncing Fish, Usmash and Nair her head is the only vulnerable part of her. This means you can throw moves inside her body and still lose if they don't reach her head. This is why she can land so safely with Fair and Nair. Hell, I've seen Mii Gunner's Uair go completely through Shiek and come out the other side of her during Nair and she still didn't take damage. I've seen Ryu's Dsmash go completely through Shiek's legs during her Usmash. And let's not even get started on Bouncing Fish or Fair... I'm sure you all have a bunch of examples of those going through moves they shouldn't.

Normalizing her hurtboxes would allow her to keep doing what she does well while also allowing other characters to challenge her moves and make it harder for her to reach the ground safely. Shiek's low damage output per move mean that trades are pretty much never in her favor, and that's supposed to be one of her weaknesses. Unfortunately, with the way her hurtboxes are right now, she rarely trades with anything, instead outright beating all other moves.

I really feel that change is all that's needed to bring Shiek back down to par with other characters without completely destroying her.

Last edited:

Funkermonster

The Clown
NNID
Funkermonster
3DS FC
3308-4834-0412
Season 3 of my region's tournament season started not too long ago and this season I wanna up my ante and do better this time and maybe even make it on the PR. Trying to pick between Pit and Pac-Man for my 3rd character for fun behind my Greninja & Pac-Man; as in the last two seasons I felt I played a bit too many chars and it was slowing me own a bit. Currently leaning more towards Pac-Man since I played him first way earlier in the game and am more familiar with his character (hardly played Kid Icarus before, and I prefer playing fighters whose games I've played before, with Pit & Shulk being the two exceptions), but I find Pit easier to use and I find him just as enjoyable to play if not more. Probably not a great idea, but I might even end up using all 4 from time to time :4megaman::4greninja::4pacman::4pit:

On another note I keep playing against my friend's Ganon and no matter what I do I just can't seem to beat him. I can't remember how most of the match match usually goes, but I can never seem to take enough of his stocks to win and I find myself getting launched offstage (recovering itself isn't hard obviously, but I do find myslf getting destroyed whenever I get to the ledge and can't find a way to safely come back onstage and reset to neutral) and grabbed by Flame Choke more easily than I should, and I basically don't know how to kill or edgeguard with Pac-Man. I think most of my kills come from Orange gimps, hard read Fsmashes/Blinkies, stagespike hydrants (which can be teched and aren't even that reliable), hydrant launches, and apples to punish landings; and otherwise I can't even stop most opponents from coming back onstage even if they're playing characters with weak recoveries; they airdoge my stuff a lot and its annoying. Just the other day I played a Mario on Smash Ladder and everytime I got him offstage he'd always recover low, air dodge whatever I try to hit him with, and then UpB to the ledge; even if I waited for the airdodge to punish its endlag he's able to just UpB and power through my hydrants with its invincibility and or hit me back away if I try to get physical with him and chase him offstage myself with aerials, and if I try to hit him with fruit he just capes it back at me, sometimes getting me killed instead. I did just realize that I don't use the Bell to stop low recoveries though, and that I almost never use this fruit at all; so maybe bell shenanigans are what I want to work on next.

Top Bottom