• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PAL versions?

snow-wolf

Smash Cadet
Can I use a PAC file from an USA version of Brawl on my PAL version of Brawl, if so, how do I do it?

ZeroL

Smash Apprentice
It's certaintly possible, but if you use PSA or Character Effect .pacs you'll most likely have no sound. Unless the pacs are ported over to PAL.

snow-wolf

Smash Cadet
How do I use the USA PACS on PAL? (Levels and characters, texture hacks and model hacks, possibly animation switch with Lucas and Ness, Music on levels?)

ZeroL

Smash Apprentice
For textures(.pcs) and stages (.pac) you can simply use it in PAL. For example, you download a texture for Mario and you get a .pcs and a .pac file, these will be named "FitMarioXX.pcs/pac". XX stand for the value of the costume you want to replace. Character Textures can just be used as much in PAl as in NTSC (USA), even with stages. "STGFINAL.pac" can also be used in PAL and NTSC, the "STGFINAL.pac" was an example as every stage texture can be used in both versions. Now we're getting to the Effect/PSA .pacs. They are named differently, because they're used for all character slots. For example if you download a Mario effect if needs to be named "FitMario.pac". For PSA .pacs you will need to replace all the sound effect values on every move. For effect .pacs you will need to put all the effect textures files on the PAL version of the effect .pac. For this you will need BrawlBox. Here is how you do it:
1. Open the effect .pac you want to port over to PAL in BrawlBox.
2. Find the texture files in the .pac and export them all in an empty folder.
3. Open the clean .pac from the PAL version.
4. Go to the place where you found the texture files.
5. Click replace all and direct BrawlBox to the folder with the texture files.
6. Save the .pac and put it on your SD in the respective folder with the correct name.

If anything is unclear about this please let me know. ;)

snow-wolf

Smash Cadet
For textures(.pcs) and stages (.pac) you can simply use it in PAL. For example, you download a texture for Mario and you get a .pcs and a .pac file, these will be named "FitMarioXX.pcs/pac". XX stand for the value of the costume you want to replace. Character Textures can just be used as much in PAl as in NTSC (USA), even with stages. "STGFINAL.pac" can also be used in PAL and NTSC, the "STGFINAL.pac" was an example as every stage texture can be used in both versions. Now we're getting to the Effect/PSA .pacs. They are named differently, because they're used for all character slots. For example if you download a Mario effect if needs to be named "FitMario.pac". For PSA .pacs you will need to replace all the sound effect values on every move. For effect .pacs you will need to put all the effect textures files on the PAL version of the effect .pac. For this you will need BrawlBox. Here is how you do it:
1. Open the effect .pac you want to port over to PAL in BrawlBox.
2. Find the texture files in the .pac and export them all in an empty folder.
3. Open the clean .pac from the PAL version.
4. Go to the place where you found the texture files.
5. Click replace all and direct BrawlBox to the folder with the texture files.
6. Save the .pac and put it on your SD in the respective folder with the correct name.

If anything is unclear about this please let me know. ;)
The animation files, then? And the music on the stages? PAL files, I dont know were to get PAL files, is that really nesesary for textures/Stages/Model edits?

ZeroL

Smash Apprentice
Have you even read my post? I clearly stated that for stage/character textures you don't need specifed PAL files, only for Character Effects. Animation files won't need different PAL files, since they don't use sound effects, unless there is a PSA file included. Music files are in .brstm which is universal for PAL, NTSC and even NTSC-J. But you need to ISO hack or use Riivolution to use music hacks with PAL.

mattywire47

Smash Rookie
hi, i've recently updated my wii to 4.3u. i wast just wondering if theres is a way of using smash stack. on a pal. or will it only work on ntsc?. any advice would be helpful :)

ZeroL

Smash Apprentice
hi, i've recently updated my wii to 4.3u. i wast just wondering if theres is a way of using smash stack. on a pal. or will it only work on ntsc?. any advice would be helpful :)
I'm sorry, but you're screwed! Nintendo removed the ability to install homebrew on your wii with the 4.3 update. You'll have to wait for someone to find another method of installing homebrew on the 4.3 system I'm afraid.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=278516

mattywire47

Smash Rookie
i have tried smash stack but its not loading from sd card :(. I tried it a few times. but then i got told by people that it wont work couse my super smash bros brawl is a pal version and smash stack only works on ntsc is this true?

Top Bottom