• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PaM Monthlies 2 - Project: M SoCal Tournament - April 7th, 2013 - Temple City, CA

joY

Pot splitter
[Bring your own controller!]

Date: April 7th

Introduction

Philosophizing about Metagame, or, PaM, is back! That's right, after a few months of downtime, we are back on track and ready to host another great tournament for Southern California.

Bring set-ups! List below if you can bring a set-up so that I can tally a list of all the equipment. Full set-ups (TV, Wii, Wii Cords, Brawl, & P:M) will be discounted $5 from the venue fee. No partial discounts. If you come with a friend who brings a full set-up, then their venue fee will be discounted and not yours.

Schedule

12:00PM: Doors and registration open
1:00PM: Project M doubles bracket
3:00PM: Project M singles bracket
6:00PM: Venue clean up
8:00PM venue closes (or later if the event runs that late)
These times are estimates, although the venue will open at 12:00PM and registration will end at 1PM SHARP! Don't miss out by showing up late!

Pictures

Images of the venue will be uploaded soon.

Cost

Venue fee: $10
Singles: $5
Doubles: $5 per person

The venue fee covers casual play and friendlies; really, anything outside of the tournament.
The singles and doubles fees are exclusively for the tournament.

Payout

1st: 70%
2nd: 20%
3rd: 10%

RULESET

* 4 stock, 8 minutes.
* Sets are best of 3. Semis and Finals are best of 5.
* Items set to "off" and "none."
* Either player may call for a Double Blind character selection for the first match.
* Dave's Modified Stupid Rule: A player may not counterpick the last stage he won on in a set.
* Controller port is determined by Rock Paper Scissors if it can't be agreed upon. For doubles, the controller ports must be 1-2-2-1.
* For doubles, Team Attack is on and life stealing is allowed. Remember that Attack+Special, or, A+B, not the Pause button, is used to steal lives.
* Pausing will be set to OFF on ALL CONSOLES.
*There will be a 30 second limit on button-checks, tech-checks, handwarmers or whatever you call them. You can use the in-game clock to determine when this time limit is up, and proceed to suicide to begin the next match.
* If time runs out, the person with the most stock left (or least % if they are equal) wins. If the % is equal as well, play a 1 stock 3 minute match, same characters and stage.
* If the match goes to sudden death due to a suicide move (Ganon's side-B, Kirby/DDD's swallow, holding someone in a grab on a platform as it moves out of the boundaries, etc.), the one who initiated the move wins.
* Buffer is set to off.
* Custom controls are allowed, but controllers modified to enhance performance are not. No turbo buttons, etc. However, removing the springs from shoulder buttons or replacing a thumbstick with a different thumbstick is ok.
* Custom music is allowed as long as it's not too distracting, but any textures or vertex hacks outside of the official team color textures or Melee re-textures over Fox and Falco are not. Simple recolors are allowed, however the margin for tolerance is very low in this regard, and is up to the TO's discretion.
* In the event that the game crashes or the TV/Wii loses power in the middle of a match, that match will be restarted from the beginning with the same characters and stage. If a player uses a known glitch to intentionally crash the game or otherwise render it incomplete, that player may be forced to forfeit the match or be DQed at the TO's discretion.
* No excessive stalling (this includes abusing Jiggs' Rising Pound and Mario's Up-B Walljump)
* No coaching during a match. Consulting someone between matches is allowed as long as it doesn't hold up the next match.
* Both players may agree to any rule or stage outside the tournament ruleset.

If any player is in violation of these rules, please contact the nearest authority or T.O. for arbitration.

Stage List

12 Stages. 7 Neutrals and 5 Counter-picks

Starters:
Yoshi's Story
Battlefield
Pokemon Stadium 2
Final Destination
Smashville
Dreamland
Fountain of Dreams

Counter-picks:
Yoshi's Island
Pokemon Stadium
Green Hill Zone
SkyWorld
Dracula's Castle

We'll see how this stage list works out.

Livestream

The URL of the livestream will be updated shortly, but I assure you that all those not in attendance can still enjoy a great show!

Final notes

Be respectful of players, staff, and the like.

Feel free to PM me or post here with any questions or concerns, or if I forgot to list something. I'm sure I did.

I will update this thread as necessary.

Thanks!

-Andrew

Jebus

Smash Rookie
Hey man I can probably bring a setup let me know if you still need them. Post this in Pacwest tournaments so hopefully more people can see it =D

rifall

Smash Cadet
My friends and I are down for this again. Just let us know when and Where. I'll be excited to be at a tournament again.

joY

Pot splitter
The venue has been changed and as a result, the tournament must be pushed back. I'm sorry for the inconvenience, but between the amount of complaints I received about the initial venue, and an overload in course work for my undergraduate studies, the tournament will be held, instead, in May.

Thank you all!

Top Bottom