• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Panama City scene? (melee or brawl)

Orfn

Smash Apprentice
I'm sure it's just as dead here as it was in Jax, but does anybody play Smash in PC? It would be nice to know that I can drive somewhere nearby and commit **** when I feel like it.

God forbid I have to drive to Tally =/

Pritch

Smash Lord
Whoa whoa whoa. You're at school in jax. And you live in PC. And you play smash.

I went to UNF for 5 years, and I'm from PC, and I also play smash. Why do I not know you?

Anyways, I'm home for the holidays, and I'm totally down to play smash at basically any point, including tonight because I'm bored out of my mind. PM me some contact infos and let's do somthing.

EDIT: I just noticed a potential problem though. Judging by your join date (and the fact that I never played you when I was in jax), you got into smash with brawl. None of us like brawl - we pretty much exclusively play melee. Is this a problem?

Orfn

Smash Apprentice
Whoa whoa whoa. You're at school in jax. And you live in PC. And you play smash.

I went to UNF for 5 years, and I'm from PC, and I also play smash. Why do I not know you?

Anyways, I'm home for the holidays, and I'm totally down to play smash at basically any point, including tonight because I'm bored out of my mind. PM me some contact infos and let's do somthing.

EDIT: I just noticed a potential problem though. Judging by your join date (and the fact that I never played you when I was in jax), you got into smash with brawl. None of us like brawl - we pretty much exclusively play melee. Is this a problem?
No, I quit school in Jax. Living in PC with my girlfriend now. I also moved here (the US) from Italy in the summer but that's a really long and annoying story.

It's a possibility to meet up but not much of one. Chicks > Smash anyday. I'll keep in mind that you're from around here though for when I have more free time.

No, I played Melee from day one but I was living in Japan at the time. Another long story. I'm not as good at it because I only really started to learn technical stuff from playing with Gmoney, I was hoping to find a weak Brawl community to MM for fun. I lurked Smashboards starting around 2006.

Anyways, we should meet up sometime in the future. Where are you when you're not at home for the holidays?

edit: Orfn = Renth, duh

Pritch

Smash Lord
Well when I'm not home for the holidays I'm in new orleans, so that's probably not an option. That said though, I'll be around here through christmas at the least. After christmas it becomes dicey, as I may wander over and visit with friends over in the jax/orlando/gainesville areas.

Hit me up if you're interested in playing sometime though, we can probably make a smallish smashfest of it (at least enough people for reasonable teams games).

Orfn

Smash Apprentice
Ah, yeah. That would be an issue. **** Gmoney if you go to Jax for me. I'm not too sure about this Christmas, I mostly just wanted to know if it was even possible to get Smash here. Who else plays?

Pritch

Smash Lord
There's basically 2 people not counting myself, and of them only Zone posts regularly. He's probably your best bet. Again though, this is for melee. If there's a brawl scene here at all I have no idea where/how big it is.

Orfn

Smash Apprentice
I think I've seen Zone post. Oh well, I guess that works. Some Melee is better than none.

There's always a good hundred or so idiots that think they're good at Brawl. I'll probably sandbag them with C Falc or something and then MM them. Planning on working at Gamestop and I'm sure they'd let me host.

Pritch

Smash Lord
That works. Run a melee tournement while you're there. Probably wouldn't be too hard to get rice, ram, and etc from over in ft walton to come down for one.

Orfn

Smash Apprentice
Sounds good. I'll prolly start after the holidays, nothing is available now.

Zone

Smash Champion
Ahoy! I'm down for melee Smashing anytime. I can't be fudged for brawl though. I believe you've been to some Talahassee tourney's I went to for Melee. Maybe? All I know is if you ever want to Melee feel free to pm to exchange #'s or something.

Orfn

Smash Apprentice
Oh well, there's always Tally if I'm desperate for Brawl. I'll prolly quit the game altogether though.

I've been to Tally twice, didn't enter Melee due to terrible turnout. I'm up for it though, I'll pm you my # before I get banned

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
Aside from me, Panhandle Manhandlers are all in Fort Walton area and are the best competition you'll find near by. They are basically Melee only and Rice is one of the best in FL. In Pensacola, we play Brawl more than Melee but I've always been into it and we've started holding Melee tourneys along side the Brawl ones.

There was a Pit player and his friend that came to the last one, so you could hitch a ride with them if you need one. Next tourney is Jan 17th.

Orfn

Smash Apprentice
Alright, thanks for the info. I think Gmoney and I played you and Holy Chef once in Tally, I remember it being an interesting match. I'm not that memorable though, too quiet

I should prolly write all this down somewhere...

Orfn

Smash Apprentice
Sorry, girlfriend + Christmas = too busy for things like that.

Top Bottom