• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pandafest + Vayvolution (Get Your Game On), Oct. 17-18 [[Ann Arbor, MI]]

TheWildcard

Smash Champion
I'll mm you normally $2 omni (if I go to this one). main switch is silly lol.

but yeah man i ****.

remind me so i dont go and blow 2$ on random stuff. :) i look forward to it.

Hmm... would you guys rather have the main switch side tournament, or a "choose your opponent's character" side tournament? The way the latter works is that you get 3 character bans, and your opponent must choose which character you use. Then, the winner of the first game chooses the loser's character, then the loser may choose the winner's character (in order to counterpick them). And there is a rule that you cannot choose the same character twice.

Both would be pretty fun, but its up to you guys :D

Id rather do main switch. theres to many dumb characters to pick from.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I'll MM $5 someone if I show up to this. I'll probably have a $10 bill as my smallest bill so I'm gonna be doing this to get my entry fee whether I win or lose lol.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
I've been getting a lot of requests to stay for the Pandafest, even though I was going to be going home on Friday for an extended weekend that Michigan has. We'll see what happens, if I decide to go home on Saturday instead.

Vayseth

Smash Master
Wait... both you and Epic aren't gonna be around? ****...
I can be there to help you set up and put shiz away man. I get out of class at 4 pm so I can come over after that (but I'll go back to my dorm to get some dinner around 6 or 7 and then come back again) but I can help you out. I'll just most likely be outta there by like Midnight so I can sleep.

Mr.E

Smash Lord
Main switch is more prone to subtle cheating (lying about your main) and every other person plays MK anyway. ;/ What good is swapping mains if half the people playing use the same main anyway? That said, my vote is for "choose your opponent's character."

It'd be pointless since you both main ICs...
ICs ditto is pretty pointless in itself. :embarrass wtf no infinite grabs

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Meh, I'm pretty sure we can sort out what people are lying and stuff. Like, if anybody but Bowyer registers Falcon as a main :D

And it would only be weird if you guys played the exact same 2 characters. But yeah, people that main the same character would have to deal with dittos, which sucks. Or there can be a "no dittos" rule instated.

Vayseth

Smash Master
No no no, you have to allow dittos, because, if someone mains G+W and Seconds Link (like Kyari for example) and you have someone else who mains G+W, that means they can play G+W in order to force their opponent to play Link. It'd be stupid.

Scala

Smash Ace
I want to go to this so much but I'm going to be out of town building a pedobear costume. I haven't seen y'all in so long ;_;

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Pedobear < Scala @ a smashfest. No more excuses, you gotta come up for this one :D

Also, by "no dittos" I mean making a rule saying that if 2 people main/second the same character, then they can't choose that character. It'll only be weird if they main/second the exact same 2 characters.

Solharath

[ZTD] CEO
I main Sonic and... Well, Marth or Yoshi, I'm torn right now. I've been playing some pretty good Yoshi as of late, and the character always appealed to me, but I might want a second whose a little bit... higher tier.

EDIT: Not going at all it seems. Men who have their lives controlled by their mother at age 20 should not be allowed to drive, nor have people depend on this drive without telling them that their mother controls them.

Vayseth

Smash Master
EDIT: Not going at all it seems. Men who have their lives controlled by their mother at age 20 should not be allowed to drive, nor have people depend on this drive without telling them that their mother controls them.
Oh no! Sucks man! I'll let you in on a little bit of truth though: No matter how old you are, your mother still controls you. You just have more chances of ignoring what she says and not getting in trouble for it. That's what growing up is all about =)

Solharath

[ZTD] CEO
Oh no! Sucks man! I'll let you in on a little bit of truth though: No matter how old you are, your mother still controls you. You just have more chances of ignoring what she says and not getting in trouble for it. That's what growing up is all about =)
While I don't doubt that, the reasoning behind this falter is as hilarious as it is infuriating. They are going to a metal concert with his mother... We we're just tagging along for the ride, and would be a couple minutes outta the way.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
So... who is actually going to this? It seems like this weekend overlapping with SB3 and Event 52 may make the turnout much smaller... We may not even have enough for a little side tournament.

TheWildcard

Smash Champion
pana im still comming to play with you dont worry. if not me and you will MM i need snake practice with my MK.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
I'll be at the Vayvolution part, I have to do a lot of stuff on the 17 and I have to make sure my partner in crime comes as well. =/

Top Bottom