• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Panhandle Manhandlers Presents: There are Free Men in my Bracket - May 11th, 2013 - Milton, FL

Zone

Smash Champion
There's Free Men in my Bracket
We're the testicles of America.

Date: May 11th, 2013

Where?: 2672 Avalon Boulevard
Milton, FL 32583

Off of I-10

Cheapest rooms they have are 88 dollars after taxes, for a double queen bedroom if you need to stay the night.
Link to their site: https://www.redroof.com/property/Mi...se-to-University-of-West-Florida-I-10/RRI589/

Door Fee: 5$

Games:
Injustice: Gods Among Us - 10$
Mortal Kombat 9 - 5$
Mortal Kombat 9 Tag (need a partner) $10/Team 5$ Per Person
Blazblue Continuum Shift Extend Free entry Pride!
Super Smash Brothers Melee - 5$
Super Smash Brothers Melee Teams (Need a Partner) - $10/Team 5$ Per Person
Project M - 5$
Project M (Teams) - $10/Team 5$ Per Person
Brawl (Teams)(No Singles here) $10/Team 5$ Per Person

Schedule:
10:00 a.m. - Doors Open for friendlies/warmups
11:00 a.m. - Registration Begins for Injustice/MK9
11:30 a.m. - Registration Ends. Mk9 Doubles + MK9 Singles Begin
1:00 p.m. - Injustice Singles Begin
2:30 p.m. - Registration for Melee/Project M/Brawl Begin
3:00-3:40 p.m. - Registration Ends. Break for lunch
4:00 p.m. - Melee Doubles/Project M Doubles/Brawl Doubles Begin
6:00 p.m. Melee Singles/Project M Singles Begin

Venue Closes at 10:00p.m.

After Injustice and MK9 end, their setups will remain Injustice/Mk9 for people playing friendlies as Melee/Project M will be on Tube TVs.

If you're called for your match outside of the break period and you don't show up within 10 minutes, you lose the first match of your set. 5 minutes after that you lose the entire set.

If you're going somewhere within reach but outside of the room. Tell a T.O. where you'll be so we can find you.

Rules for MK9:

Bo5 Semi-finals and up.
The usually banned stages which we will keep a list of at the TO desk for your convenience.
No invincible block glitches
P1 side you must rock paper scissors for port priority

Smash Rules:
APEX 2013 rules.

Except Wobbling is legal.

Rules for Injustice:
Best of 3, in bracket.
Best of 5, in semi finals.

First match after characters are selected. Try to agree on a stage, if you can't then use the in-game built 50/50 coinflip.

after match 1:

Loser must first pick a stage
Winner may change character after stage is selected but his choice must be revealed.
The Loser may pick his character after winner of previous has picked his.

Rules for Blazblue:
Best of 3, in bracket.
Best of 5, in Finals.

After 1 match:
Winner must remain same character, Loser may change.

Zone

Smash Champion
I know for a fact atleast

18 people confirmed solid.

Gonna poster boy this on the weekend in a busy intersection ton attract newbs

Bomber7

Smash Hero
How often do you guys have this? This is an area of Florida where I know I'd travel to for a tournament. I can't make it to this one in particular, but just for future reference.

Zone

Smash Champion
How often do you guys have this? This is an area of Florida where I know I'd travel to for a tournament. I can't make it to this one in particular, but just for future reference.
uh,, not too often we tend to just wing it here.

I believe Protoman wants to run one about a month after this for Brawl/Project M though.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Man, you guys should get more organized and host this event more often. I know you'd get attendance from your neighboring states.

Zone

Smash Champion
Man, you guys should get more organized and host this event more often. I know you'd get attendance from your neighboring states.
What do you mean more organized?

I'm not trying to make hosting touranments into a job. I'll run a tournament when I feel I have the capability to do so.

Me and Proto-man are in no shape directly connected together with our events. We just talk about avoiding conflicting dates.

Me and him play completely different games from eachother.

Zone

Smash Champion
Oh, well then nevermind.
Don't get me wrong I want to host more and hopefully evolve into a much huger venue. But only when my resources are available to me.

And maybe me and Proto man can just sex it up and combine efforts for 1 HUGE experience, but for now I need to grow a bit more.

I got Hd streaming abilities
I am soon buying a projector.

and I'm working on more ASUS EVO standard monitors for tournaments.

We have ALOT of tube t.v.'s for smash. We're lacking on the ASUS monitors.

I know I got like 4 alabama players coming. But I do hope we get more out of state interest. I enjoyd your tournament you held in Louisianna.

thanks for hosting Melee/Mk9.

ProtomanVX

Smash Ace
I'd love to organize, like, and Panhandle Smash League with power rankings and stuff. I try to host stuff with all three games and whatnot. The only problem is that I may be moving soon,

Zone

Smash Champion
These are the people I believe are trying to make it:

Zone
Wafe
Mikey
(wafe/mikey's friend)
Ragnarok
Rice
PRotoman
Crusty Lasagna
Ram
Help
theBoss
Paul
Tropical Taco
Pritch
Shaun
Richard
GaretHax
Skaterbaj(?)
Anthony(?)

Not sure how many randoms will show up.

ProtomanVX

Smash Ace
I'll make sure Anthony comes. Also, I actually played Sk8ter today, and he'll try and make it if he's off work. However, we need to raise a charity of $10 for him so he can redeem himself in P:M!

Dinowulf

Smash Journeyman
I'm attempting to make it down there. it shouldn't be a issue but you guys know i'm trying to move down there with David & Joe..Also mother's day of all days LMAO

*I'm such a idiot with the days* guess i'm really tired today. I"ll be down there for the 11th.

RAM

Smash Lord
work is the devil :( If I only have a half day I can make maybe dbls for project M and Singles. Me and Alectrius will most likely team for P.M if I make it.

Zone

Smash Champion
Yeah sorry Vice, the only reason I cut brawl was because it takes the longest to run. Teams however for brawl goes at a pretty decent pace.

ProtomanVX

Smash Ace
Hey Zone, Looks like I don't get off until 6 on Saturday. Would you hold me a spot in P:M Singles for 15 minutes? I'll try to leave early if I can.

Zone

Smash Champion
Hey Zone, Looks like I don't get off until 6 on Saturday. Would you hold me a spot in P:M Singles for 15 minutes? I'll try to leave early if I can.

Uh... I'll see what I can do. I'll try to run everyone else's matches first. But when it gets to the poitn where everyone is waiting on your match I'll have to send you to losers to keep it going.

obviously if you're only like 5 minutes away or something I can hold that.

Zone

Smash Champion
tournament is tomorrow get hype :).

Few people gonna be at my house today.

Call me if your coming 850-532-9666

Top Bottom