• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario Universe Paper Mario series - Vote more than once! Whoever doesn't vote for Vivian gets banned

Who's your favorite companion? :D

• Total voters

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
I'll say because Yoshi is the most unique partner in the series. Different names can give him different colors, you can also give him a name, that's pretty amazing right? =P

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Yes, and he is small but is very confident in himself. He has a tough demeanor. That and he is cute. : D

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Different names can give him different colors
The Yoshi's color is actually determined by a 20 minute timer; the timer starts as soon as the egg follows you (although jumping eggs should bug you). If you lose to the Iron Clefts the first time within a certain time limit (I think the timer stops when the screen fades to black upon your loss), the Yoshi will be the color that corresponds to that time range. And if 20 minutes pass before you lose to the Iron Clefts the first time, the timer resets instead of being fixated at 20:00, so if you missed a time range for a color you wanted, you can wait about 20 minutes for that time range to present itself again.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
^that's pretty interesting lol. I always thought it was determined by how how Viper described it.

UberMario

Smash Master
What I find really interesting is how all of the different colored Yoshi's have different hair styles.

The white one has curly blonde hair, the black one has red spiky hair, the pink one has a green cowlick, the blue one has a tuft of orange hair, the blue one has pink spiky hair that points forward, the red one has green spiky hair that points backward, and the green one has a tuft of red hair that points forward.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
What I find really interesting is how all of the different colored Yoshi's have different hair styles.

The white one has curly blonde hair, the black one has red spiky hair, the pink one has a green cowlick, the blue one has a tuft of orange hair, the light blue one has pink spiky hair that points forward, the red one has green spiky hair that points backward, and the green one has a tuft of red hair that points forward.
Yeah, this was the fact which intriguied me the most. I only noticed it since I played through TTYD twice, and my sister played it. We each got difference colored Yoshis (my dark blue and pink and her green) and that's when I noticed the hair differences.

Also, fix'd. You said two blues. I believe it's the light blue with the spiky pink hair.

-Terywj

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
The Yoshi's color is actually determined by a 20 minute timer; the timer starts as soon as the egg follows you (although jumping eggs should bug you). If you lose to the Iron Clefts the first time within a certain time limit (I think the timer stops when the screen fades to black upon your loss), the Yoshi will be the color that corresponds to that time range. And if 20 minutes pass before you lose to the Iron Clefts the first time, the timer resets instead of being fixated at 20:00, so if you missed a time range for a color you wanted, you can wait about 20 minutes for that time range to present itself again.
The game lied to me. T_T

I'll shall be trying this soon.

UberMario

Smash Master
Yeah, this was the fact which intriguied me the most. I only noticed it since I played through TTYD twice, and my sister played it. We each got difference colored Yoshis (my dark blue and pink and her green) and that's when I noticed the hair differences.

Also, fix'd. You said two blues. I believe it's the light blue with the spiky pink hair.

-Terywj
Yep, guess I forgot to put an adjective on one of them.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
The game lied to me. T_T

I'll shall be trying this soon.
Chart of colors and time ranges for your convenience ^_^

0-6 Minutes - Green
6-9 Minutes - Red
9-11 Minutes - Blue
11-15 Minutes - Orange
15-18 Minutes - Pink
18-19 Minutes - Black
19-20 Minutes - White

The White Yoshi always looked pompous to me for some reason. I guess it's the hairstyle xD

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
****, Yoshi is beasting the Poll.

At least Lady Bow is 4th, I can live with that.

urdailywater

Smash Hero
Yoshi is beastin 'cause he's pretty unique in a way. And he's pretty ******.

I wish Watt and Bombette were higher, but they're at a reasonable amount I guess.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
I guess the TTYD partners are where it's at, since Yoshi, Vivian, and Bobbery have clearly taken over this poll.

Besides my name still being in the title.

-Terywj

urdailywater

Smash Hero
Good choice.

Watt was hella cute. I especially like the design that was left over in TTYD. Not much different really but it looked a lot better.

Vivian.. :urg:. Weird character once you find out the gender change-up done in America. But regardless pretty cute and very powerful.

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340
I've gotten Black, Green, and Pink Yoshis...I liked the black one the best, he's sweet :laugh:
No, that was not racism in any way, shape or form...

urdailywater

Smash Hero
Black is always a good color.

I didn't know there was a black one though. I might prefer it over the Blue one if it looks cool enough.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
I'm playing the third right now. And I'm really enjoying it. Yet, if my TTYD disc didn't bust up, I'd probably be playing that right now instead.

I have to give credit for SPM's storyline, though. It's so intense.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Super Paper Mario has the most... darkest storyline than the rest of the Paper Mario, which is pretty cool. I might take time and max out my level up in that game, but I don't know a good grinding spot other than the Flop Side Pit of 100 Trials.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Best overall Paper Mario? - Thousand Year Door

Best plot? - Super Paper Mario

Favorite bosses? - Thousand Year Door

Favorite partners? - Thousand Year Door

But in no way are the Paper Mario games bad.

-Terywj

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
No boss is more epic than Mr. L. =P

As for over all in every Paper Mario, I'll... have to play every boss again. XD

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Best Overall PM - PP:TTYD

Best Plot - SPM

Best Bosses - PM

Best Partners - PP:TTYD

Best Sidequest: TYD's Pit of 100 Trials

Favorite Boss - Kent C. Koopa. That one makes sure you know how to fight and abuse status effects and secondary effect in battle. I love it so much.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Bobbery for me. Nothing like a veteran of life and one who experienced the pain of loss to get you motivated to do that chapter. Plus his attack strength is ridiculous.

Has anyone ever done what I do, and as soon as you get the Paper ability in Chapter 1, stop what you're doing, and go to the Pit of100 Trials and just level grind? I've done that for a while now - I think I made it down to level 90 like that once and nabbed the Lucky Day Badge, then bailed out because fighting Bonetail without Flurrie is lol. It's a great time consumer and makes the game hilariously easier from there.

Top Bottom