• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Paper Mario?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dingding123

Smash Journeyman
I don't know much at all about texture hacks, PSA, etc. but I do love the ideas that people have come up with for them. I'm just really surprised that NO ONE has brought up, let alone suggested, our flat italian hero. Paper Mario! He'd pretty much be a texture hacked G&W, so that would put programmers off to a good start. So...what do you guys think? Paper Mario in Brawl eventually? Yay or nay?

Overdrive64

Smash Journeyman
This is being attempted for Megaman 8-bit, and to my knowledge no noteworthy progress has come forth yet. It's a plausible concept, yes, but not nearly as simple as you seem to think.

P.S. Riddle Time :D
What do get from a clock you can't see?

InTrepidCognito

Smash Ace
Riddle Answer:

I don't know, but I'm sure it has to do with a lock.

Anyways...

No, G&W is not just a series of sprites, so it would NOT be a texture hack. With a lot of PSA and an invisible base model, it'd be possible, though.

Next time, don't make a thread, and read the rules you agreed to when you signed up.

Dingding123

Smash Journeyman
Well, yeah, I guess it wouldn't be nearly as simple as I make it out to be. I just really want to see someone put this idea into action some time. Maybe after this semester of cawledge I'll learn how to do all of this (I am a Comp Sci major, after all) and start on it myself.

As for the riddle...umm...*fights urge to look up answer*

InTrepidCognito

Smash Ace
Well, yeah, I guess it wouldn't be nearly as simple as I make it out to be. I just really want to see someone put this idea into action some time. Maybe after this semester of cawledge I'll learn how to do all of this (I am a Comp Sci major, after all) and start on it myself.
Yeah, cause they have a BrawlBox class at any major college. [/sarcasm]

:laugh:

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
Well, while I'd love for Paper Mario to come into Brawl, I don't think any of the models are importable into BrawlBox, and thus might not be any time soon. While it is a good discussion topic, I suggest bringing this up in the workshop social thread. :p

(Also, I think when I locked the topic, I 502'd the place O_o )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom