• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Parabellum

JugaBro

Smash Cadet
Hey, I just wanted to tell everyone about a new First Person Shooter game, currently in closed beta (anyone can apply), that will be free to play.

http://parabellum.xg1.net/

The game uses the Unreal3 engine, for anyone obsessed with the look of the game. It will run on low spec computers also, for anyone wondering.

Anyway, on to the game. All of this is directly posted from the website:

By the year 2018, the privatization of global military forces created highly profitable opportunities for ex-soldiers, mercenaries and adventurers. Set in a world in a not too distant future, you must choose your alignments carefully to survive. You must join forces with one of the two foremost covert reconnaissance organizations in the world. The CTF; an organization avowed to keeping anarchy at bay, or the Syndicate; a legion of bloodthirsty rebels bent on destruction and chaos. Each of them are solicited by the C.I.N. a Global Mercenary Network that provides contract missions to each of these factions who vie against one another with the fate of the World as the ultimate prize.

Each mission will force you to make decisions that will have a consequence on the outcome of each operation. Instead of playing repetitious unconnected levels, you fight throughout entire cities wreaking havoc and mayhem during the entire mission. Important decisions where every battle can change the outcome of the global mission must be made continually by you, adding to the real time suspense. You may choose from different routes to conquer the city as well as lure antagonists into deadly traps. All of which can be modified to affect the fate of the campaign by completing the hazardous special-missions.

You will begin as a novice mercenary accepting missions in some of the World's most exotic and intriguing locations. From the famous skyline of New York City to the dense jungles of South America, each mission you will gain experience and increase your abilities to become one of the most legendary mercenaries in the C.I.N. Network! As your experience grows your character evolves as well. You have the ability to unlock new weapons, weapon modifications and attachments, body armor, accessories and appearance with over 10,000 possible combinations to truly individualize your character in ways never seen before in any MMO-FPS!

We understand that our players do not want a game where the thickness of your wallet determines the winner. This is why we designed the game so that victory or defeat is defined by your own skill and wits during the game. No weapons or equipment in the game require you to pay with actual money.
As was utililizing cutting-edge technology for PARABELLUM, we at ACONY felt it was also very important from the start that as a free-to-play game, PARABELLUM would run on most machines; not only state of the art hardware. ACONY did not want to compromise the quality for which FPS games are known. Considering all of these factors made the decision to implement the "Unreal Engine 3" technology an easy one.
----

That was a summary of the game, from the website.

An informing article that is more indepth about the game can be found here: http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/parabellum/news.html?sid=6177522&mode=previews&tag=other-user-related-content;3

If you dont feel like reading it, I will shortly summarize the game: The terrorist team will choose where to plant a bomb in the city of Parabellum (there are MANY map locations all tied together by multiple exits). The antiterrorist team will have from 30 minutes to two hours to defuse the bomb (depending on certain factors). The antiterrorists will have to find in which part of the city the bomb is located (the city being split up into "maps"), and defuse it, while the terrorists while attempt to stop the defusers in any way possible: straightforward killing, destroying paths to other maps (through explosives and other means), and possibly trickery (Who knows? The antiterrorists do NOT know the location of the bomb, you could lead them away by fakeing a defense of a route). Most objects in the game are destructable, too. Anyway, my interest was piqued when I first found out about it, and I hope yours is, too. It is a very unique game at the least. Hope to see you ingame, sometime!

Just apply for closed beta on the website, and you will receive a confirmation email about it sometime during the week. =)

Top Bottom