• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Parachute Parade! - GnW Social Discussion

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Finland is further north obviously, but I think since you're not land locked like AB is, the weather should be a bit warmer. You probably get way more snow on average though (although last year was ridiculous for snow). What's your average snow fall like?

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Not much, like 1 meter at best if it's bad I think. Last year was like the worst winter in 80 years or so. Cars were lost under huge piles of snow for months.
But yeah, Finland has a very warm climate for being so north. I live about 100m next to the ocean so it's very cold at winter, but really warm at summer.
It's like 30+ in Summer and 30- in Winter. It's kinda cool except I absolutely hate winter.
Also, we still don't have snow where I live, not at all.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Yeah we probably have an average of about a meter (more like 1.2m), but last year I think we had a record breaking snow fall, and it was like nearly 2m. Goddamn.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Things I hate about winter: Snow, everything, snow, cold, snow, wet, snow and having to wear yourself like an armored soldier. Oh and also snow.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Norway is totally the least known of the awesome Northern trio for some reason. Maybe because there isn't really anything interesting :troll:

Gardex

Smash Lord
NNID
Gardex
3DS FC
2707-1617-4394
There are tons of "Meanwhile in Norway" pictures, but they usually include either black metal guys or hot women out in the snow.

The Finland ones have the most hilarious "wtf?" pictures.

This one is still my favorite though:

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
So I've been watching some of my replays for study and I really need to work on my defensive reads. I adapt really well to situations but there's serious basic things I need to work on. Really wanna have leveled up a lot before our regional in April. I think I can do it, though.

Gardex

Smash Lord
NNID
Gardex
3DS FC
2707-1617-4394
So I basically won an abysmal tournament where we had very little time and just went "alright, we already know who's going to get top 4, lets play it out, just the four of us".

And I came out on top. Yay?

Govikings07

Smash Journeyman
I wanna see your gnw do better in the tournaments smiley! I was doing pretty well against bryces lame mk. Ugh that **** gets annoying. We need a gnw mm!

:phone:

-Ominous-

Smash Journeyman
What about my G&W? I've pulled a few decent places. Not lately, but I have, and will again.

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
I wanna see your gnw do better in the tournaments smiley! I was doing pretty well against bryces lame mk. Ugh that **** gets annoying. We need a gnw mm!

I do, too. Everyone says this but its not like I lose on purpose lol

My time will come im just gonna let it happen when it does.

And gw mm? No thanks, gdubs dittos are stupid. Ill use falco or peach or something though

-LzR-

Smash Hero
I placed 4th with G&W this weekend. It was allright since the tourney had one of the most skilled players of Finland.
Remember this: NEVER GO DEDEDE AGAINST A DK AND EXPECT TO WIN UNLESS YOUR DEDEDE IS SOLID. /khtxbye

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
Double GW = meh

I thought about going to Apex but it's just so expensive. I'll be watching it hella hard on stream though and rooting for GWs, Arizonans, and GFAQs. Which Gdubs are going to Apex, I know Vinnie and Penta are. Does anybody know if GIMR is?

Rizen

Smash Legend
I'm back!

Hi everyone! I see a lot of familiar =), ****, etc faces lol. I used to go by 'Arizen' and tried G&W for a while. After learning other characters like Zelda, Wolf, PT (who I dropped), aside from Link I have a better sense of how characters work and am picking up G&W again:bee:.

The video thread said 'Warning no posts have been made for over a month' so I'll post these here and can transfer them if needed:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inr2Jj_V7SQ&list=UUBlc1aYEJlv6Kcq6gbC1K7w&feature=plcp

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRYKT__-sNo&list=UUBlc1aYEJlv6Kcq6gbC1K7w&feature=plcp
My G&W is still a scrub but I've got his dynamics down better.

Top Bottom