• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Parachute Parade! - GnW Social Discussion

kewl

Smash Ace
NNID
Kewlz3
3rd out of 22
Not many people showed up since it was Sunday, and Sundays usually a family day.

Not bad, I loved them MLG stages. Norfair, o how i love you<3. xD
I think I got the Falco MU figured out now. I discovered somethings, (while I did lose the best Falco here in Loser's Finals, after game 5, I noticed alot of things on how to play falco). might do a write up whenever we decide to discuss Falco. (:

EDIT: Fixed results lol

overgamer

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5026-4413-8581
3rd out of 22
Not many people showed up since it was Sunday, and Sundays usually a family day.

Not bad, I loved them MLG stages. Norfair, o how i love you<3. xD
I think I got the Falco MU figured out now. I discovered somethings, (while I did lose the best Falco here in Loser's Finals, after game 5, I noticed alot of things on how to play falco). might do a write up whenever we decide to discuss Falco. (:

EDIT: Fixed results lol
3rd's pretty nice!

Some big european tournament will start during mid end July, I have plenty of time to prepare... Too bad trains tickets are awefuly expensive. >_>

my wii is brokennnnnnnn...this sucks..nintendo sucks so much. How does a wii die when the power goes out, but when a game cube is dragged behind a car for half a mile it still works. Today your avy is awesome btw, Yellow ftw.
the gamecube was apparently designed for dangerous uses purposes. :D

Mr. Escalator

G&W Guru
NNID
MrEscalator
Went to a Sunday tournament at a comicon this weekend, and did pretty well despite like half being mediocre players. 2/28; I got to Grand finals through the winner bracket, and lost to a MK main I sent to Losers in Winners finals. All in all, pretty fun, and I might be getting back into brawl if there are more tournaments close to me.

Missed you guys <3

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Spaced correctly, it combos into D-smash on EVERYONE. They can't jump or block it, and Marth can't Up-B out of it.

There's a few ways to space it easily. Fullhop B-air -> N-air buffers the 3rd hit pretty nicely. You can also do a N-air at the apex of a short hop and land the 3rd hit of N-air that way.

From what rPSI has researched, apparently the combo is hardest to do on Lucario, since assuming you space the N-air exactly right, you get exactly a 15 frame advantage on him and any less optimal you might have just a 13 frame advantage on him...otherwise I haven't really had any trouble getting it to combo on Metaknight or Snake or other people that matter lol. In fact on Metaknight, when you do this combo, it actually sets off the consecutive hit counter in training mode.

I have to give credit to you and hotgarbage for listing that 2nd and 3rd hit N-air gets a 17 frame advantage on Mario, which made me curious as to whether or not the combo worked on all characters.

Vinnie

Smash Master
Derp

start platform cancelling guys lol. I'm trying to master it but it's obviously good, I do it with jab grabs.

Working on true pivot atm, getting ready for MLG.

kaak

Smash Journeyman
ok you guys mk can do upB reverse on the ledge so you got knockback to the blastzones? gaw can do it to :D

ledge drop > bucket > turn > upB

hope you understand it so not i make a video

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Derp

start platform cancelling guys lol. I'm trying to master it but it's obviously good, I do it with jab grabs.

Working on true pivot atm, getting ready for MLG.
HAHAHAHAHAHHAHA

This is the guy who posted a while ago that EU is behind on metagame and still lives on dumb tricks like platform cancelling. xD

GG PGN

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
ok you guys mk can do upB reverse on the ledge so you got knockback to the blastzones? gaw can do it to :D

ledge drop > bucket > turn > upB

hope you understand it so not i make a video
viiideeeo dem0onstr@t!on plz;(

Vinnie

Smash Master
but seriously we have the best marth, peach and gaw at least :urg:
You probably have the best Peach. Definitely not the best Marth if he's consistently losing a 35:65 match-up... like wtf? Minty, NEO, and MikeHAZE can all be better. And not to discredit kaak, because he's really good, but IMO I've always viewed myself and Zac as better. Just my opinion though. And even if he is the best gw, he isn't by far, so you can't just flat out say that. I've learned a lot of stuff watching him too, he's pretty innovative. <3 kaak.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
You probably have the best Peach. Definitely not the best Marth if he's consistently losing a 35:65 match-up... like wtf? Minty, NEO, and MikeHAZE can all be better. And not to discredit kaak, because he's really good, but IMO I've always viewed myself and Zac as better. Just my opinion though. And even if he is the best gw, he isn't by far, so you can't just flat out say that. I've learned a lot of stuff watching him too, he's pretty innovative. <3 kaak.
Yeah they can all be better if they'd practice some more.
Btw, 35:65? Stone age much? Beside that, 1 mu makes someone a bad marth... Mikehaze lost to a Luigi.

Vinnie

Smash Master
I don't get the problem, it was a pretty darn important tournament.
1. Technically, judging players off of their losses = dumb. However, whenever a European brings up their wins, Americans degrade it lol.
2. He lost to a Luigi one day because he didn't know the match-up. Mr R loses to the same PEACH at multiple tourneys.

but not knock him that way
so if you point the up b away and it connects, it's not going to send him away? o_O

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
1. Technically, judging players off of their losses = dumb. However, whenever a European brings up their wins, Americans degrade it lol.
2. He lost to a Luigi one day because he didn't know the match-up. Mr R loses to the same PEACH at multiple tourneys.
2 tournaments so far I think? /ohwell

kaak

Smash Journeyman

so if you point the up b away and it connects, it's not going to send him away? o_O
just he difrent side but i can be done with reverse upB too but it's a bit better placeble with bucket

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Dammit.

I'm the only G&W user here who hasn't uploaded recent vids of my G&W.

What the **** is wrong with me? I'm better than that. If only I could get to tournaments though....

I'll probably be switching my first main back to G&W anytime soon, just because of all the crazy stuff I can do with this character, and because ****, he doesn't get enough respect in general.

overgamer

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5026-4413-8581
Dammit.

I'm the only G&W user here who hasn't uploaded recent vids of my G&W.

What the **** is wrong with me? I'm better than that. If only I could get to tournaments though....

I'll probably be switching my first main back to G&W anytime soon, just because of all the crazy stuff I can do with this character, and because ****, he doesn't get enough respect in general.
Don't worry buddy you're not the only one.

@kaak

ty for the little bucket turning edge trick.

Top Bottom