• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Parachute Parade! - GnW Social Discussion

Dajayman

Banned via Administration
Yeah, I like nair more than bair. But that doesn't mean I don't like bair or any other turtles for that matter. Have you seen a sea turtle, so adorable! <3

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
Yeah we can't pull out 9's on command but people still play scared even when they're up because not only do people not want to lose, they don't want to give you the satisfaction of a 9 kill, losing to a move that is often made fun of
can't pull out 9's on command....... ha, try telling that to TX

But I completely agree with you about people being scared of 9s. I hear a lot from people I play that, while playing me, they are always afraid of me 9-ing them at any moment because I'm known for getting a lot... or something.

kewl

Smash Ace
NNID
Kewlz3

But I completely agree with you about people being scared of 9s. I hear a lot from people I play that, while playing me, they are always afraid of me 9-ing them at any moment because I'm known for getting a lot... or something.
In the past few months I've figured out how to get 9's on command like you.
Every tournament I'm getting atleast 2-3 now.

Maybe I should ask you on aim to see if I'm right. (:

SSSnake

Smash Journeyman
In the past few months I've figured out how to get 9's on command like you.
Every tournament I'm getting atleast 2-3 now.

Maybe I should ask you on aim to see if I'm right. (:
how the **** do you pull out 9s on command?

overgamer

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5026-4413-8581
It seems I've hit one of those stupid skill plateaus with Game & Watch again. Just gotta press through it...

And work on my spacing.
It's a kind of feeling you'll regularly encounter with G&W. Keep working on everythin you can. Learn all punishable moves of other characters.

I'm currently trying to improve my Chef pressure/zone game.

You use judgement like it's nothing, and it connects incredibly great. That's a really amazing. Also they just comes out of nowhere. Of course that's scary as ****.

2-2

Smash Journeyman
NNID
VGMtheVagabond

I've notice you punish lag with a judgement.

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
i use judgment when im completely desperate or depressed about a match and usually end up dying anyway
lulz:p

it's more usable in teams tho,alot more.

2-2

Smash Journeyman
NNID
VGMtheVagabond
I've only gotten one judgement and about 5 close ones
I would've been happy if I got Boss, M2K, MX, and AZ (stupid powershield)

cemo

white walker
i just throw it out when i think i can land it, i'm usually pretty lucky.
It's not even that you get 9s a lot, it's that your opponent is scared that you'll 9 them. The move terrifies me in Game and Watch dittos!

kewl

Smash Ace
NNID
Kewlz3
It's a secret ya'll. (:

I started throwing judgements around 5 months ago. I used to think it was one of GW's worst move, but I'm convinced now it's defently in his top 5 best moves. For me anyways.

GBye

Smash Cadet
Sometimes I just get a feeling that there´s going to be a 9. I just know it. And then it comes.

KRRRIIIIIIIIEEEEEENG!

That´s when I feel like ****ting bricks.

E: Is it really this strict here? >__>

Dajayman

Banned via Administration
I feel 9s all the time. Like I felt that 9 on Ook, I just KNEW it would be a 9.
Another funny fact about the 9 was that it shouldn't have hit, I was way out of range but Ook ftilted with DK's long a** arm and the hammer hit. :3

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
Dude, 9 is fing win.

Judgment is soo good. Lingering hitbox, food, 5, shield slap...
y'know 8 is almost as good as 9.

There are more setups for this than meet the eye. And 14% chance of ending the stock? Yeah, I'm gonna play for it.
Oh, and the secret to landing 9s: Never miss with Judgment.

Simple.

SSSnake

Smash Journeyman
Dude, 9 is fing win.

Judgment is soo good. Lingering hitbox, food, 5, shield slap...
y'know 8 is almost as good as 9.

There are more setups for this than meet the eye. And 14% chance of ending the stock? Yeah, I'm gonna play for it.
Oh, and the secret to landing 9s: Never miss with Judgment.

Simple.
i dont exactly think landing 9s is that simple :p... but u got a point, 9 isnt the only good judgment. 8 creates a small opprotuntty to let loose a smash or get another shot for a 9. 7 helps you get food to heal you with moderatley good knockback. 6 has good knockback (not sure if its better than Fair, but id think it would be. anything less than 6 could have been a better move (the CHAIR for example) imo, but those are still some decent odds.

even if you get a 2-5, you still get hitstun on the foe, and thats never a bad thing (okay so sometimes getting a 2-5 could be bad like staling the 9 so it doesnt ko or even in team matches youll get hit out of a 5) but the point is, as long as you get anything other than a 1, you should be okay.

kewl

Smash Ace
NNID
Kewlz3
i dont exactly think landing 9s is that simple :p... but u got a point, 9 isnt the only good judgment. 8 creates a small opprotuntty to let loose a smash or get another shot for a 9. 7 helps you get food to heal you with moderatley good knockback. 6 has good knockback (not sure if its better than Fair, but id think it would be. anything less than 6 could have been a better move (the CHAIR for example) imo, but those are still some decent odds.

even if you get a 2-5, you still get hitstun on the foe, and thats never a bad thing (okay so sometimes getting a 2-5 could be bad like staling the 9 so it doesnt ko or even in team matches youll get hit out of a 5) but the point is, as long as you get anything other than a 1, you should be okay.
5 is pretty good too. If they shield it, it almost always shieldpokes them.

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
too much 9 talk going on here lol

btw kewl let me know good times u can do that tourney match

kewl

Smash Ace
NNID
Kewlz3

whenever on the weekends, after 5 EST on the weekdays since I work.
Hit me up on aim Penta.

and it's because 9 is awesome. I wish I would of figured that out sooner.
I'm taking 1st this Saturday, top 10 @ Apex. Calling it.

SFA Smiley

The SFA King

UMAD that you never get 9's Penta?

You're playing GW you can afford to at least use that first 1/7 judgement once per match

Considering you'd probably play 2/3 if you only use it once per match you'd get about a 30% chance of getting a 9 per set (just using it once)

Landing it is a different story but those odds aren't bad, and if you land it at a low percent first stock (i'm assuming you aren't one to use it when everything is on the line) you can get a freebie advantage.

Also it's not totally impossible to set up and if you get a 2 you could pull off a 29 combo, or an 8 for an 89

Nobody is saying judgement da bess but I think it's better than chair

Alphicans

Smash Hero
The hammer is always 1/7 chance.

Don't underestimate the chair dude. The timing/animation of the move tends to **** with peoples head's. I use it a lot, and it almost always pays off.

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
The hammer is always 1/7 chance.

Don't underestimate the chair dude. The timing/animation of the move tends to **** with peoples head's. I use it a lot, and it almost always pays off.
Naw I think after the first it's 1/8

I use chair, I don't think it's abysmal or anything, some characters like Gdorf would kill for the chair, but GW just has a really good moveset and chair lacks compared to everything else.

Judgement is situational and risky but the reward is high and when you're in a bind it can completely turn a match. Both are limited but chair doesn't have a redeeming factor that can make as big a difference.

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
Oh

I thought the first throw couldn't be 1 or 2 and the rest can't be the last number

I need to do a refresher course on GW I guess, I haven't really read anything for him since like 08/09

then again it isn't like there's anything new to read

Edit: Oh wow i've be going at this all wrong then, **** yeah now my amount of 9s should increase after this.

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
taking an hour every now and then and just practicing in training mode helps a lot as well to realize these things:o. Has helped my offstage game tons xD.

Also G&W's ftilt is really underused. It can kill planking MKs at 130+!!!lol

kewl

Smash Ace
NNID
Kewlz3
taking an hour every now and then and just practicing in training mode helps a lot as well to realize these things:o. Has helped my offstage game tons xD.

Also G&W's ftilt is really underused. It can kill planking MKs at 130+!!!lol
Too true.
I do this alot, go to training mode an hour a day and just practice.

I'm getting more people off gruard with his ftilt. Killing with it instead of fsmash is really good.
Utilt too, instead of usmash. Both really good underused moves.

kewl

Smash Ace
NNID
Kewlz3
I disagree.
Sure it's really good at low %, gets you started on juggling, but getting that kill with GW can seem very hard at times. And by the time your opponent is at utilt killing %, it should already be fresh. You should be able to get them off guard and kill them with it.

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
UMAD that you never get 9's Penta?

You're playing GW you can afford to at least use that first 1/7 judgement once per match

Considering you'd probably play 2/3 if you only use it once per match you'd get about a 30% chance of getting a 9 per set (just using it once)
You overstate it. that calculation comes closer to 26% chance.

14% of getting it in a given game, and 14%(1 - 1/7) = 12% chance of getting it in the other game given it doesn't happen the one time you use Judgment in the other one.

But anyway this ignores that the start is a 1/8 chance rather than 1/7, so it's more like 23% chance.

Nobody is saying judgement da bess but I think it's better than chair
Yeah, prob better than chair.

Even if your tactic with it is "use it to get something decently powerful but a lot quicker than other options like smashes", that itself would clearly become your strat and a player who smartly reads the way you mixup will not be fooled by this, even if the chair itself is used infrequently.

I use chair as punishment (more whiff punishment, actually) and to block projectiles, little more.
... I guess you could say I disfavor judgment as punishment (lol, double meaning) even if it becomes guaranteed and even given what I said about missing. If my opponent hands me a blunder, I want to put the damage on with something definite, not give him the psychological buoy of retaliating with a 2.
Plus I guess, playing out his actual moveset makes me a better player in the long run.

EDIT: Ganon does have chair. His ftilt has pretty much the same use, and starts being safe on hit at the same time. It clashes with swords, you know. And it's not like anyone can get out of Snake clashes in one piece (except Snake).

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
You overstate it. that calculation comes closer to 26% chance.

14% of getting it in a given game, and 14%(1 - 1/7) = 12% chance of getting it in the other game given it doesn't happen the one time you use Judgment in the other one.

But anyway this ignores that the start is a 1/8 chance rather than 1/7, so it's more like 23% chance.

Yeah, prob better than chair.

Even if your tactic with it is "use it to get something decently powerful but a lot quicker than other options like smashes", that itself would clearly become your strat and a player who smartly reads the way you mixup will not be fooled by this, even if the chair itself is used infrequently.

I use chair as punishment (more whiff punishment, actually) and to block projectiles, little more.
... I guess you could say I disfavor judgment as punishment (lol, double meaning) even if it becomes guaranteed and even given what I said about missing. If my opponent hands me a blunder, I want to put the damage on with something definite, not give him the psychological buoy of retaliating with a 2.
Plus I guess, playing out his actual moveset makes me a better player in the long run.

EDIT: Ganon does have chair. His ftilt has pretty much the same use, and starts being safe on hit at the same time. It clashes with swords, you know. And it's not like anyone can get out of Snake clashes in one piece (except Snake).
Yeah, don't get me wrong i'm not saying spam it as much as possible, I'm saying that I think the risk of using it at least once a match is worth it in the long run. 9s don't just get kills they change the momentum, you put people in rage mode when you land it (on top of the lost stock) and unless they're using MK, you know how playing overlyaggressive and out of anger affects your playing.

@Penta, Zac actually did post it, but i don't mind watching it again. Love seeing them 9s

Top Bottom