• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Parachute Parade! - GnW Social Discussion

Exdeath

Smash Master
But on a clash exactly above and under, G&W Dair wins, no?
I'm pretty sure that ZSS' Uair always wins, but that the timing is more difficult when it's a clash between vertical range because of how fast G&W moves during fast-fall.

Think of Meta Knight Uairing G&W, but with a little more range.

Rizen

Smash Legend
I suppose I could agree to that. Of course I've played decent wifi ZSS, and I've played a pretty good ZSS in my region, but I can't say I've ever played an exceptional ZSS offline. It just feels even to me whenever I play it, or even when I see it. :/
I'm pretty sure that ZSS' Uair always wins, but that the timing is more difficult when it's a clash between vertical range because of how fast G&W moves during fast-fall.

Think of Meta Knight Uairing G&W, but with a little more range.
Wifi ZSS' are hard, I have trouble shielding them.
Uair:

Initial

Middle

Almost complete

Near the end - this is the hitbox that produces the sourspot uair

iamjason8

Smash Journeyman
I think you mean Full-Hop Double Bacon.

Oh, and then your opponent FSmashes you.

I really wish Chef were actually useful in more situations.
What? Well yeah in Brawl he has that but in Project M he got Short Hop Double Bacon.

And yeah, if only it was.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Use more Chef guys. It's actually really useful.

B reverse Chef specifically. Man like...it appalls me how much I don't use it. Use it to get out of juggle traps. Use it as a fake approach.

Seriously fake approach B reverse Chef is GDLK. Most people are going to shield if they think you're going to B-air them, so this lets you get out Chef for free which basically gives you some extra control over the pace of the match.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
I use B reversal chef all the time. Have been for about half a year now. I am surprised no one else does actually. It's great vs MK especially.

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR

-Ominous-

Smash Journeyman
The matches between you and Omni were very entertaining. That was an awesome footstool you got on him. And against Logic was cool too. Tripping can suck.

I should probably use chef more...usually I just go offstage after them. Chef seems like a pretty solid edge gaurd though. Well if they are recovering high. I'll remember that for my next tournament.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Chef is a really funny edgetrap option. It's GREAT against huge characters like DDD, DK, and Bowser.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Doubletapping Chef within the buffer window ensures you only fire one bacon bit if I recall.

Today

ლ(இДஇლ)
Cincinnati, Ohio ; Land of Happiness and Kindness
NNID
Daylightful
Well sort of. She can force approaches with pressure (like sideB), but if we really wanted we could just run away from her fairly easy.

Day why do we get ***** in the air? It's not like uair beats our dair or anything.... I'd say we're both pretty ineffective while juggling each other in the air.
Eh? I'm pretty sure uair beats our dair? Also, GnW has a poor airdodge and with ZSS fast and nice uair she takes advantage of that pretty well.
You're still stuck on the same region, but you get the national pokedex and can catch old pokemons after the main plot.

I just find the story quiet unusual for a pokemon series. Also when I watched the intro movie when you start the game for the first time, I had the feeling it had nothing to do with pokemon. Bah anyway, I just got surprised about the last few events that occurs in the game. :)
Oh that's awesome! I just got my fourth badge. So behind. :(
It's definitely in ZSS' favor but not by a huge amount.

and yes, her u-air beats our d-air

The only way I can see us winning this is by running in and shielding A LOT. All of her attacks will be punished and if she grabs and misses that's a free kill move
Mmhmm. Thought so. Yeah-- I don't think ZSS wrecks us, but I do feel like it is in her favor.
I still say a 40:60 but I think it's easier to base things off of words (even, solid advantage, solid disadvantage, etc) than number ratios. 40:60 may be a little misleading but what I mean is a solid advantage for ZSS. It doesn't mean she wrecks us, it just means that she beats us.

B-reversal chef is pretttyy useful! Agreed.

Also, I want to draw a picture for the GnWers here.
I was wondering what is everyone favorite color? I'll draw GnWes but color them with the colors you guys mention.

Rizen

Smash Legend

Also, I want to draw a picture for the GnWers here.
I was wondering what is everyone favorite color? I'll draw GnWes but color them with the colors you guys mention.
Blue but I play a traditional black G&W.

-Ominous-

Smash Journeyman
I went to my second tournament today. I got 9/20 in singles. Not too bad, if you ask me.

I use all colors of G&W, but I like Blue.

overgamer

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5026-4413-8581
If we keep going like that Day will draw a Rainbow G&W. True story.

@Day Bleh, I think I played the game too much already. :p

overgamer

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5026-4413-8581
Yeah lol. Although it's kinda pointless for me, because falco gives the same effect basically.

IC's are so cool though!
I also have the feeling ICs can be very effective and scary in many cases, but I'm more leaning toward seconding MK for it's ultimate versatility. Not my final word though, I did try a lot of characters, but can't seem to pick a solid secondary. I was thinking Zss first, but I'm not sure now. DDD and ICs looks great on paper for a G&W mainer.

Exdeath

Smash Master
A random FL G&W who hasn't been active in a while came to a tournament, beat Nick Riddle in a set, and the left.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Personally I preferred the vibrant hues of GaW available in Melee. I'm not quite sure why they darkened them so much.

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
I would like to know how that GW beat such an incredibly difficult match up

Top Bottom