• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Parachute Parade! - GnW Social Discussion

D

Deleted member 189823

How does a player of my relative decency always does like crap in tournaments? ;A;

Alphicans

Smash Hero
I tried playing GnW with tap jump on last night. I'm at a dilema, I can't have it on for my secondaries, but it's so amazing for GnW. And I have other controls. Hooray for needing two names now.

But I have always thought that GnW beats Wario and it's just that I can't fight him. I just never manage to land a kill move because he's so slippery and then I eat a super armored fsmash to the face and die at 100.
It's not a big deal. My falco and MK use different controls, and then of course the rest of my characters use default controls, so I am switching constantly and it has never really bothered me.

Damittom

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-5811-9326
What's your mk controls if not default. I always thought mk was a character that could use default.

:phone:

Damittom

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-5811-9326
I never said he required default its just Alph uses default for other characters and it surprises me he doesn't for MK at the same time.

Also Otori's buttons are a matter of preference

I know M2k and Tyrant use default and im pretty sure Nairo does too.
So it looks to me like MK can perform at top level with default.

Also d-pad is usually irrelevant. Most players only switch that for mashing purposes or because they fear accidentally taunting. Almost no one uses the d-pad in normal in game situations.

Damittom

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-5811-9326
Exactly I was just wondering why alph changes his mk from default. Falco I understand but why different for mk

Alphicans

Smash Hero
What's your mk controls if not default. I always thought mk was a character that could use default.

tap jump off, and R to jump. It makes good aerial shuttle loops much easier to do and makes it a lot more consistent, and the R to jump makes upbing OoS simple.

Blubolouis

Smash Lord
Just posting to say that Dueler will have some trouble getting online for the next few days. (didn't post this in the panel since we're not supposed to post in other characters discussions)

Shadow the Past

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3711-8167-5215
Double post but whatever.

What color do you guys often choose with G&W? I often see people try and choose the same color that their controller port is. I've opted to always go white, as it makes it much harder to see his invincibility frames, making it easier to disguise his disgustingly bad roll.

Govikings07

Smash Journeyman
Light blue just easy on the eyes. I can see what im doing instead of the darker colors. I do try to keep grey on any of my characters <3 grey gnw would be sick!

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
Popped skyrim in for the first time since may in at 5:30am yesterday and have been playing it nonstop all day today

Still don't understand what the **** i'm doing but it's fun

-LzR-

Smash Hero
That's what happened to be recently. It's just an amazing game and before you realize you've played 10 hours nonstop.

Shadow the Past

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3711-8167-5215
I got to level 76 on Xbox and ran out of quests to do. Took like 130 hours

Then I bought it for the PC (with Dawnguard, Oblivion and Morrowind) for 60$ and played it for like 40 hours lol

-LzR-

Smash Hero
How did you run out of quests by 130 hours? o_o
I still feel like I have a ****load of things to do and I am beyond 150.

Shadow the Past

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3711-8167-5215
How did you run out of quests by 130 hours? o_o
I still feel like I have a ****load of things to do and I am beyond 150.
I checked the Wiki and basically every quest worth doing was done (main quest, guilds, daedric, etc). All that was left were the infinite loop quests and pointless sidequests like "kill the 6 spiders in the mine" or something silly like that.

Now I'm waiting for the Dragonborn DLC to come to PC.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
I see. I did the opposite. I'm still wandering around killing 6 spiders in the mine while slowly doing quests. I don't see the point of rushing about in a game like Skyrim which is all about freedom.

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
I was unfortunate enough to play Dark Souls before Skyrim, and now I'm too spoiled to enjoy the combat in Skyrim
I don't fight in Skyrim

It's Metal Gear for me. I sneak around and snipe people or do sneak assasinations

Skyrim's combat isn't that good anyway, you can easily get around it by playing a mage or thief-like playstyle. There are some pretty cool spells in that game. I'm not a mage but I have a skill called reanimate dead and I can assassinate someone then bring their body back as a zombie that fights for me. So much fun.

Shadow the Past

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3711-8167-5215
What disappointed me most about Skyrim the most is how broken all the mechanics become late-game. Dual-weilding can lead to insane damage output (1 shotting anything that isn't a dragon or quest monster), magic becomes broken when combo'd with Impact perk (enemies stagger if you dual cast) and all of your armor enchanted to have Destruction magic cost zero magika, and sneaking gets stupid when you can just crouch right in front of them and slit their throat.

It wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't for the fact you can easily wind up with one of these builds by level 40 even if you're not trying to get them, so it kinda ruins the rest of the game, unless you just totally drop your combat style and pick up one of the other ones to train.

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
Yeah I'm already pretty crazily sneaky and I'm only level 26. But I did do a mission and it was hard to sneak into this one place the enemies had super high awareness. But then it turned nighttime and...

Shadow the Past

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3711-8167-5215
I don't expect anyone except a Meta Knight to win apex, especially with this Zero guy effectively taking down every top-level Meta Knight in the ditto, including Anti (who's debatably the best player at the ditto, besides Emo2king)

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
God I watched that set last night. It was one of the best sets of 2012 easily.

along with M2k vs 9b and all the crazy shiz at apex

Anti is one of my absolute favorite players I hope he doesn't sandbag

Damittom

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-5811-9326
Anti probably could have brought it back in grand finals like nairo did if he didn't sandbag against nairo.

Shadow the Past

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3711-8167-5215
God I watched that set last night. It was one of the best sets of 2012 easily.

along with M2k vs 9b and all the crazy shiz at apex

Anti is one of my absolute favorite players I hope he doesn't sandbag
I feel he would've won game 5 had he not been forced to the edge, as he hadn't planked on almost any game, so he wasn't guarding the edge with uairs yet and Zero took advantage of it.

Hopefully he realizes this and uses it if they have a rematch.

D

Deleted member 189823

I didn't know Anti was that good...

How does he sandbag?

Damittom

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-5811-9326
This is a prime example of Anti sandbagging http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vvjv0Q0eB0Q

But I agree with Smiley.

In my opinion Anti is maybe the best player in the U.S. Although M2k and Nairo can beat him at times, It seems to me that Anti is more consistent. Also Anti is so good he doesn't have any odd character problems, he doesn't lose to ROB or other lower tiered characters because his spacing and option choice is so good non-top tier characters get exposed.

But regardless of who you are he is top 5 in the US

Gardex

Smash Lord
NNID
Gardex
3DS FC
2707-1617-4394
Hey guys, check out this: http://smash4u.net/rankings/brawl-singles.1/teams

Character ranking on the new S4U site. G&W is pretty high up, amirite?
Now, click on "16", this will make it so only top 16 results count.
Impressive?
Now, click on "8". Fancy stuff?

Now, on the advanced search to the right, make it so it's only top 5 or 6(doesn't matter which).
Hurr hurr hurrrrr

Top Bottom