• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Parachute Parade! - GnW Social Discussion

D

Deleted member 189823

Timing out is so lame. Go out there and beat em like a man or CP a good character.
Reminds me of this one Lucario in my region times people out until pulled out my big ol Wario to get the job done.
Get your ass handed to you in your CP in front of all of your friends.

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
i never thought of camping for the fully charged fart, im an idiot lol
Gonna try and understand this matchup more instead of complaining whenever i have to play a wario :smash:

D

Deleted member 189823

Oh yeah...by the way, the fart can kill you at 50% at the earliest, lol.
I'm the idiot for not camping for the fart...it's not like I can't not kill without it. F-Smash and clap are pretty great.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Both characters have a really hard time killing each other so playing supercampy is really the only way to ensure you will be the one to hit with that killmove.

D

Deleted member 189823

F-Smash is a great punish given it's speed (9 frame startup), I don't see how that would be hard to land. Not to mention gaw would die at around 110% with bucket DI.

MEOW1337KITTEH

Smash Lord
NNID
daniel7001
Be careful camping Wario. If you leave him alone for too long he can his bike out and start breaking it with defensive throws, and then it's all downhill from there. So camp, but be ready to go in and stop the bike shenanigans.

Or pick up Yoshi/Marth/Dedede

Gardex

Smash Lord
NNID
Gardex
3DS FC
2707-1617-4394
Hitting Wario with fsmash is really hard unless they go for something like the bike(All the German Warios do this, I do not know why).
The guy is very elusive, to put it mildly

You're better off keeping either your fair or dair fresh(uair a lot).
Dsmash works if you manage to get him in a sticky situation, but the campiest of Warios wont make that easy for you.

D

Deleted member 189823

Oh, I meant Wario's F-Smash, sorry. I use both. 8P
gaw's F-Smash is easily telegraphed.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
In order for Wario to Fsmash GW he would have to get really close to us. Something he isn't able to do safely because of our amazing hitboxes and upB.

Sar

Smash Journeyman
You don't think that player skill is a huuuuuuuge factor in results? In fact, I'd say that unless players are extremely even in skill, the matchup doesn't really matter.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Empiricism has an extremely fatal flaw, which is the fact that it is a form of inductive logic, meaning nothing conclusive can EVER come out of it. Science is empiricism, which is why science is an imperfect system (not that there is a better alternative). Basing match-ups off of results is like science, which would be fine if it weren't for the fact that all things about smash can be known, meaning that theorycraft, theoretically SHOULD be the preferable method to determine match-ups. Contrary to what a lot of people say, results can be argued, but deductive theory cannot be. The problem is that it's really hard to take frame data and character traits, compare them to others and come up with an exact match-up ratio, so lots of theorycraft can contradict itself.

Basically, determining match-ups is next to impossible lol (unless it's really obvious).

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
I played denti at sktar poola and they were both pretty close games. i've also gotten destroyed by dabuz several times so I guess I can give my insight on this lol.

SH nairs approaches aren't safe against olimar, he can just run up and upsmash for a punish or kill.
Also he was running up to you and just doing stuff wayyyy too much, Dtilt will beat almost every approach olimar tries, even dash grabs. It's will also beat any SH anything that olimar attempts (might clash with his fair is he spaces it right) and prop him up into the air at high %s. Just be aware that it's not safe to just whiff out because he will be throwing pikmin at you and you can still be grabbed out of it if you just throw it out randomly. It forces olimar to have some respect for G&W on the ground lol.

Few other things I'll just list out
- upb gets rid of every pikmin latched on to you
- G&W's single jab is great when you're uplose with olimar, especially if you approach with bair. Also this is probably the only way you are going to land grabs on olimar other than bad decisions made by the player.
- Dtilt on the ledge is a good edgeguard against offstage olimar, just be ready to shield getup attack or ledge uairs Not so useful if they're in the lead because they'll be more than willing to stay there forever lol.
- Bair is still a very useful approach in this match up, don't be afraid to use it. Dash turn around Sh bairs is a good mixup approach against olimar, especially if they're just throwing pikmin.
- Idk if it was intentional but nice footstool to dair. i actually do this more now and it's pretty useful.

NuclearSunset

Smash Rookie
I did not know that and that is immensely helpful. This is true in all instances/stalenes/types of pikmin?
Has worked for me in all situations - and, good luck in school. Remember: Enough tums can prevent a hangover.

One thing I've noticed is that Olimar is well aware of your lack of approach options. And, is often 'gutsy' even when you're in the air. Telegraphing an apparent Fair can lead to him charging toward you to try his upB, potentially opening him up for a Dair; tossing him up. I still think Bair is the best approach, but because of reliance on Dtilt, an aggressive Olimar cuts most of that out.

- When you're in his face, you're gold.
- He loves it when you play defensively/long distance.
- **** Yoshi's Island.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Anyone else agree Oli is probably our top3 worst MU? That guy is just really good at not giving a ****.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Just how is Marth comparable to Oli and ICs? I know he is hard but damn I hate how overrated the MU is.

MEOW1337KITTEH

Smash Lord
NNID
daniel7001
I would say hardest 3 are IC's, Marth, and Diddy Kong in that order.

The IC's matchup isn't that bad if they don't ISSDI, but if they do it becomes -3 flat out.

Marth's aerials just simply out-disjoint ours, and once we get on the ledge we have a bad time. He can juggle us, wins at a neutral position, and isn't as easy as he would need to be to make the matchup anything close to Olimar or MK.

Diddy Kong can camp us, his bananas beat our everything if they are played well (and we are assuming that) His peanuts can force a move from us, which he then punishes with his nanas. Possibly the only redeeming part of this matchup is his low kill power, otherwise I would put him above Marth in difficulty.

And I'm not saying MK, Olimar, and Snake aren't hard, they are pretty difficult as well, especially if they know the matchup, but they are just not as bad.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Smiley, I feel much more comfortable playing against Marth with GW than ICs. But I guess it's just that Marth is my most played MU by a huge margin now...

MEOW1337KITTEH

Smash Lord
NNID
daniel7001
Watch Dogs > GTA5

Having played neither I am an expert in this field.

But seriously Watch Dogs looks mad awesome, I wish I had a console to play it on with friends and whatnot.

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
Well Looks like I'm no longer going to Apex. I'm deploying.

I knew I shoulda pushed for this earlier in the year because i knew this would happen at apex time =/

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
Afghanistan. And next month.

Sorta short notice, something came up for the guy who was scheduled and my lead wants me to. I hope I get enough time to see my family before i leave I haven't seen them since I was like 14/15ish

Gardex

Smash Lord
NNID
Gardex
3DS FC
2707-1617-4394
That sucks seeing as I'm prooobably going to Apex, and I would've loved to meet you and other fellow gawers

Still, good luck out there

Rizen

Smash Legend
I didn't want to bump the Q&A because the last post was from July.
Q What's the G&W vs Peach MU? Ratio? How should it be played?

Top Bottom