• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Parachute Parade! - GnW Social Discussion

Cold Fusion

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ JIGGLYPUFF OR RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
Dude whenever I play on the AIB ladder, people always complain about my G&W lol. I wish people wouldn't.

Let's switch roles. :D
What do you to to make people complain?

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
the initials DMG reminds me of

Dark Magician Girl

if that's not what it means

correct me,sorry

lmao

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931

It doesn't stand for Dark Magician Girl lol. It stands for dr.mario guy, which was my original username. I got tired of entering the full thing into tournaments, and people were tired of saying my full name, so I was like DMG done covers it all.

Now you and Zac poke fun at me and call it Dark Magician Girl. YOU SHALL PAY!!!

Lol as for AiB, people complain for many reasons:

1. I abuse the fact that G&W usually benefits with lag. I have no problem Fsmashing, waiting to see what my opponent is doing, and buffering my reaction ahead of time. I also have no problem doing simple but gay things like Dtilting over and over or buffering random crap unexpectedly (Especially Dash Attack, Dash attack is one of G&W's best moves).

2. I have no problem running out the time if you are trying to outgay me. I've been taken to stages like Luigi's Mansion by MK players, and mid match I will just run away the whole time. I've also been taken to Distant Planet by a Yoshi player and I had to run around dodging his eggs the whole time and running circles on the stage (He accused me of stalling, but literally I spent over 2 minutes on the far right Leaf on Distant Planet, jumping in place and airdodging to avoid his eggs that he tossed from the same place over and over.)

3. I have no issues with CPing people to gay stages. Brinstar and G&W online is like auto win vs 80%+ of the cast.

4. I almost never ban stages in sets online. This further angers my opponents after they lose, especially if they take me to their favorite CP and I still win, or in their eyes I had the chance to ban an obviously bad CP against me and I decided not to because they think I'm trying to show off or subtly brag about not needing to ban stages to win.

Cold Fusion

On the AiB ladder, my CP character is B-air spam.

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad

It doesn't stand for Dark Magician Girl lol. It stands for dr.mario guy, which was my original username. I got tired of entering the full thing into tournaments, and people were tired of saying my full name, so I was like DMG done covers it all.

i don't blame him
who doesn't know who the lovable Dark magician girl is

screw Dr mario
you should walk around with this on your shirt from now on :laugh:

true guts

and lmao
brinstar on wifi is too much **** ,not even funny xD

Alphicans

Smash Hero
I have an amazing vid getting uploaded. It includes uairing a MK in the falling animation for a long time followed by him getting ***** by Halberd's laser.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427

1. I abuse the fact that G&W usually benefits with lag. I have no problem Fsmashing, waiting to see what my opponent is doing, and buffering my reaction ahead of time. I also have no problem doing simple but gay things like Dtilting over and over or buffering random crap unexpectedly (Especially Dash Attack, Dash attack is one of G&W's best moves).

2. I have no problem running out the time if you are trying to outgay me. I've been taken to stages like Luigi's Mansion by MK players, and mid match I will just run away the whole time. I've also been taken to Distant Planet by a Yoshi player and I had to run around dodging his eggs the whole time and running circles on the stage (He accused me of stalling, but literally I spent over 2 minutes on the far right Leaf on Distant Planet, jumping in place and airdodging to avoid his eggs that he tossed from the same place over and over.)

3. I have no issues with CPing people to gay stages. Brinstar and G&W online is like auto win vs 80%+ of the cast.

4. I almost never ban stages in sets online. This further angers my opponents after they lose, especially if they take me to their favorite CP and I still win, or in their eyes I had the chance to ban an obviously bad CP against me and I decided not to because they think I'm trying to show off or subtly brag about not needing to ban stages to win.
G&W sucks on wifi. You can't space crap (get shieldgrabbed more, get ***** offstage), and anyone that camps becomes a million times harder to deal with.

There is a reason why almost nobody ever places with G&W on the ladder.

cemo

white walker
i played so bad at a tournament yesterday. ):
next time i gotta make sure i'm at the top of my game.

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
G&W sucks on wifi. You can't space crap (get shieldgrabbed more, get ***** offstage), and anyone that camps becomes a million times harder to deal with.

There is a reason why almost nobody ever places with G&W on the ladder.
i understand what you're talking about
but it's not all that bad
spacing only becomes difficult in obvious lag
and button lag is even worse, G&W gets destroyed

I don't see how people say that he benefits in lag cuz of smash spam=.=
Lag does not help G&W AT ALL. lol

other character like MK and Snake just simply benefit in lag so G&W players on wifi are just wiped out.
I know that MK can get away with shuttle loop camping on wifi >.>,its so annoying

but in decent connections which is most of the times ,you can play normally lol

and i was on the top 30 of ladder for a time ;_:
but i went down cuz of school and ike johns
LOL

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy

HadesBlade amirite?

Cold Fusion

I second MGaW B-air spam and I am 5"8. Does that count as short?

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFtPXNRwCxo

hmm, i still need to get better with the MU vs snakes.
i already got mk, marth, and ddkong down.
snakes are where i'm hit most, any tips from the vid?
that match made me "lol" so much

that snake was awful

avoid chasing after snake with an aerial if you're directly in front or in back of him
he's likely to win in the end lol

always from top or bottom

and you could have done a better job reading him;/
he spammed C4 and nair so much
lrn2SDI too

you were a bit too defensive
well..you should be defensive against snake but he left himself open so many times(like obvious openings lol) and you didn't approach .
and he wasn't doing a great job keeping you away either lol;/
Just be aware of his patterns and openings, you missed so many.
For example,when you have him in the air, don't chase him right away,learn to read his air dodges and you'll be able to get in nairs or smashes if you're good at it

By how you played, it shows that you didn't know what to do.
Just simply face more snakes and eventually you'll be able to spot out those openings for approaches.

and use the critique thread next time=)
it isn't dead >.<

UTDZAC is just racist against waffle lovers:(

and lol@ how the tall discussion carried on 2 pages

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFtPXNRwCxo

hmm, i still need to get better with the MU vs snakes.
i already got mk, marth, and ddkong down.
snakes are where i'm hit most, any tips from the vid?
I really enjoyed watching this match. Reminds me a lot of the way I play against Snakes.

If you want to compare what you did against Snake and what I did, here's a great recent video you can watch:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHJXc0kvDTI

When the Snake is about to land on the ground from the air, punish with the following:
- SH nair
- Fsmash
- Charge dsmash (charging helps you time it better)
- Dash attack

Practice the timing of each of these and punishing the snake will be a lot easier. When to use them depends on snakes percent and location on the stage. If he's near the edge at high percent, a smash is good. If he's in the middle at low percents, nair or dash attack help combo and keep him airborn.

If you find you need to approach, space bair, but only when you are sure you wont hit a grenade. It's possible to hit snake out of shield even while a grenade is next to him without blowing yourself up.

Watch out for Snake's surprise kill moves. These include:
- Uair (especially when you upB)
- Bair (when you miss with an aerial)
- C4 (you MUST remember)

Try and be a little more defensive at certain times. It's ok to just waste 30 seconds of the game doing nothing. Don't approach, just watch what snake does. Chances are all snakes will try to setup something with grenades or w/e. Pay attention and wait for the opening. Then after 30 seconds find a time to get in there and strike.

It's ok if you don't punish every chance you get. In this matchup you must play it safe. You can't afford to make mistakes, otherwise you take WAY too much percent.

I like waffles.

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
pssh jerk T-T

i hope you get picked on for being short

and there's pretty much only one way to skin a snake >_>

even if there are other ways
they all still have G&W being super uber defensive lol

kewl

Smash Ace
NNID
Kewlz3
heh thanks for the tips guys, and yeah ill use critque thread next time. (i had no idea we had one ;x)

yeah i don't face many snakes here in panama but the ones i have faced punish me severely for being the aggresive person i am, so i tried out the defensive style a bit, deff went better.

i love waffles, with cheese :S

lou4222

Smash Lord
So what GW mains are going to pound? It would be fun to meet some of you all, play some friendlies, and talk GW. Ill be there and hopefully a couple of us can rep GW and do well in bracket!

kewl

Smash Ace
NNID
Kewlz3
ill be at pound 4 with some people representing Panama and gw. :D

KirbyIRL

Smash Journeyman
i love waffles, with cheese :S
That sounds absolutely awful. Like the time my friend made me a double burger comprised of blueberry pancakes, sausage patties and cheese. I haven't been able to bring myself to eat blueberry ANYTHING since.

That said, I would never make fun of UTD Zac for being short on account of if he were any taller he wouldn't be as awesome.

Edit: Stole this from ICGD - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDU0CTDMk2g

KirbyIRL

Smash Journeyman
Make it a cake with G&W using chef, then put actual cooked bacon pieces on it. Also give him an awesome chef's hat. And make sure you take a picture of it before you mutilate it so us poor kids who aren't going to Pound4 can bask in it's glory.

Top Bottom