• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Parachute Parade! - GnW Social Discussion

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
ftilt is kinda like warios ftilt but weaker
it actually gets ur opponents if he's hanging on the edge lol

kaak

Smash Journeyman
kaak, G&W's ftilt is actually a surprisingly solid kill move at high percents; it has similar spacing to Fsmash, while it's just plain quicker AND it has one of the least telegraphed animations of G&W's moveset. I mean, G&W's animations are largely untelegraphed, but ftilt in particular doesn't seem like he's doing an ftilt until a good ways in, at which point it has already hit.

It can definitely be used as a fall back kill move. Less so than Dair, but not much less so. The main issue is that it's not that good as a fall back kill move against some of the better characters.

also the G&W back room is super sexy. I'm not sure Penta would be able to handle how sexy it really is!
hmmm ok going to try some ftilt's.... but i'm killing the mostly with fair/dair now.....

Splice

Smash Hero
Wow! I agree with A2ZOMGs comments on this page quite wholeheartedly lol.

I want to try to use Ftilt more to KO when the oponnent is on the ledge area, recovering, though, but atm I'm focusing on Utilt useage. I am a bit late to incorporate Utilt into my game lol ;__;

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
The key thing about U-tilt that makes it so useful for kills is that it owns dodges pretty consistently, and you can combo into it easily (N-air/U-air U-tilt in specific is reliable). Plus, people just forget how good anti-airing is.

And for that matter, it kills earlier than F-tilt anyway.

kaak

Smash Journeyman
The key thing about U-tilt that makes it so useful for kills is that it owns dodges pretty consistently, and you can combo into it easily (N-air/U-air U-tilt in specific is reliable). Plus, people just forget how good anti-airing is.

And for that matter, it kills earlier than F-tilt anyway.
yeah same here im using uptilt on low dammage , it's a good combo set-up, anti air and spotdodge beater =)

cemo

white walker
Yeah so UTD Zac likes B boosting Judgement...I like doing B reverse Boosted Judgements! So sick on stages with platforms of course and a good way to surprise someone who likes sitting below a platform.
I wish I had the time to master all the judgement reverse and boost shennanigans. ): Or like... reverse chef running off a platform.

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
well yea .__.
i knew about this,i think every does lol

laid back people tend to be more lucky because they're more relaxed, so whatever they do, it's done more calmly and it gets done .

On the other hand, more anxious/nervous people tend to seem more unlucky cuz they're...simply too nervous lol,it affects their actions.___.

i still get this at my tourneys >.<,needa chiiilllll

and why u ignore me zac :(,u suck

edit:exactly .__.

kewl

Smash Ace
NNID
Kewlz3
i dont get nervous at tournaments anymore.
i get somewhat nervous first match of my first set, then short after, on the second match i'm more relaxed and stay that way throughout the whole tournie.

but that all came from many many many many many tournament experiences and many losses down the road.

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
i don't get so nervous anymore either

but if i'm ever taken to a third game,i just feel at a disadvantage lmao

T-T

Alphicans

Smash Hero
I am semi-giving up GaW for the IC's. GaW seems like an extraordinary secondary for them, and since IC's do so well on neutrals as opposed to GaW, it seems like a smart switch.

Splice

Smash Hero
I have my next tournament March 6th -_______-

Was gonna be the 28th of Feb but it got moved.
How you doing Today?

I'm starting to use King Dedede, but there isn't anyone who I can use him to Counterpick for.

izzy24

Smash Ace
yea im praticing my b-sticking with chef and judgment but apperently i can only do it when i have my initial dash momentum (kinda like dash right--jump--b--left c-stick) is this the only way to do it, or can i also do it when im just falling (kinda like snake does)?

or is it b-reversal? LOL

Splice

Smash Hero
So you have a couple of weeks! You can practice! Where at?

Also, use Dedede against Marths? O: If you are playing GnW! It's supposedly Dcube's favor!
And I'm well, thank you! Quite tired, though. >__<
It's at abbotsford convent in Victoria ;)
You have no idea where that is! :p

Yeah I have a friend staying over late this afternoon for some practice, so I should get good by then.

I think D3 against Marth is a good idea. Yeah, I'll do that!

Whens your next tourney Today? Are your placings improving?

Splice

Smash Hero
I think the Snake MU is like 60:40 in Snakes favour.
It's one of the MU's i enjoy facing in tournaments.
Snake is fun.

Splice

Smash Hero
You need to come here and play some of the snakes. you'll change your view
Probably not.
I'd still think the MU is 60:40, I'd lose to them but that'd probably be because they are about as good as me except they know the MU unlike our Snakes or maybe they will just be better than me.

If you came over he you could have heaps of fun Soviet.

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
Bad Snakes = Fun
Good Snakes = Rage Quit.
I rage quit against a Snake in a tourney match today, I had a headache and didn't feel like meticulously playing the MU, so I sandbagged like crazy.

I'm thinking about officially switching my main to Gdubs now.

moyshe

Lazer Fox
NNID
moyshe
3DS FC
4442-1379-8655
Your not gonna make it any easier on yourself.^^
just switch to MK or D3 for snakes.

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
It was mainly the fact that I was in no condition to Brawl. The tourney went longer than it should have and the Brackets crashed. So It ended up being about three hours longer than it should have between matches, from there my headache got terrible and I didn't feel like dealing with it. :/

moyshe

Lazer Fox
NNID
moyshe
3DS FC
4442-1379-8655
Yeah for me I noticed that whenever I come to tourneys alone I do a lot worse then when I come with friends. I really dont know why. Maybe I come more confident.

kewl

Smash Ace
NNID
Kewlz3
i don't really care who i come to tournies with, alone or with friends because i'm not there to impress anyone.
as long as i impress myself and have fun, i do good in tournies. lol.

on a sad note, lost a MM to the best MK down here today.
sucks to be timed out twice.
the sad part is the set was a whole 24 minutes.
Game 1 he timed me out.
Game 2, i won barely by a timeout.
Game 3, another time out, basically stopped trying though. lol
no fun. ):

moyshe

Lazer Fox
NNID
moyshe
3DS FC
4442-1379-8655
i don't really care who i come to tournies with, alone or with friends because i'm not there to impress anyone.
as long as i impress myself and have fun, i do good in tournies. lol.

on a sad note, lost a MM to the best MK down here today.
sucks to be timed out twice.
pretty much stopped trying after game 2.
Its not that I feel like I have to impress someone. but my mind works in a weird way. The minute I feel a little bit of pressure my mind like shuts down. But when I come with friends I dont have time to feel pressured or anything. Its hard to explain but idk. I really do wish it was a john because then I would be making it up and I would just be bad and wouldnt have to deal with everything else that this type of stuff happens to. But yeah brawl is pretty boring not gonna lie. More and more I wanna start playing melee competitively

kewl

Smash Ace
NNID
Kewlz3
Its not that I feel like I have to impress someone. but my mind works in a weird way. The minute I feel a little bit of pressure my mind like shuts down. But when I come with friends I dont have time to feel pressured or anything. Its hard to explain but idk. I really do wish it was a john because then I would be making it up and I would just be bad and wouldnt have to deal with everything else that this type of stuff happens to. But yeah brawl is pretty boring not gonna lie. More and more I wanna start playing melee competitively
lol i dont even have a choice if my friends come or not to the tournaments down here since i run about 80% of them LOL.

you should.
i prefer melee tournaments over brawl. i've played melee for about 4 years now and i can honestly say it's still much more fun than brawl.
problem for me is that there's more brawl kids here than melee.
regular bi-weekly for me is:
30 brawl entrants.
8-10 melee entrants.
=/

Plus, Nationals around here don't even have Melee as a side event unless i'm running the tournament, which doesn't happen much since i like to stick to my bi-weeklies. and nationals attract over 80 people. lol. the melee tournament scene died out here after brawl came out.

Splice

Smash Hero
the sad part is the set was a whole 24 minutes.
Game 1 he timed me out.
Game 2, i won barely by a timeout.
Game 3, another time out, basically stopped trying though.
Man I'd love to have a set like that! Sounds awesome! <3 Time outs.

As far as mentality and friends goes, I find if i talk to my friends a lot during the tournament and chilling with them, instead of trying to focus on the game, I'll play better just because everything will feel more natural and less forced and so I tend to do better.

Also I discovered that when I eat food I play much much worse. I'll be doing ok, eat some food before my next match and i don't really know what happens, I just feel weird and play weird. :confused: I like eating, so this makes me sad.

Edit: You guys prefer Melee? I really wanted to juggle both last year but just couldn't make it to so many tournaments... Luckily for me this year the Melee and Brawl tournies are being run alongside each other! Yeahyuzz!

kewl

Smash Ace
NNID
Kewlz3
Man I'd love to have a set like that! Sounds awesome! <3 Time outs.

As far as mentality and friends goes, I find if i talk to my friends a lot during the tournament and chilling with them, instead of trying to focus on the game, I'll play better just because everything will feel more natural and less forced and so I tend to do better.

Also I discovered that when I eat food I play much much worse. I'll be doing ok, eat some food before my next match and i don't really know what happens, I just feel weird and play weird. :confused: I like eating, so this makes me sad.

Edit: You guys prefer Melee? I really wanted to juggle both last year but just couldn't make it to so many tournaments... Luckily for me this year the Melee and Brawl tournies are being run alongside each other! Yeahyuzz!
if you see my vids, you can tell i like playing aggressive/not so much timing out.
i don't have a problem with being super defensive and campy, but there's a limit. plus MK does it better than us. MKs MU i can truly say is pretty **** hard. Diddy/Snake winnable, not so hard after MU practice, Marth = winnable if you're good at reaction time and stuff, so that's not so hard for me either. but MK is virtually unpunnishable unless you're up against a spammy tornado MK. lol.
idk that's just my opinion.

moyshe

Lazer Fox
NNID
moyshe
3DS FC
4442-1379-8655
lol i dont even have a choice if my friends come or not to the tournaments down here since i run about 80% of them LOL.

you should.
i prefer melee tournaments over brawl. i've played melee for about 4 years now and i can honestly say it's still much more fun than brawl.
problem for me is that there's more brawl kids here than melee.
regular bi-weekly for me is:
30 brawl entrants.
8-10 melee entrants.
=/

Plus, Nationals around here don't even have Melee as a side event unless i'm running the tournament, which doesn't happen much since i like to stick to my bi-weeklies. and nationals attract over 80 people. lol. the melee tournament scene died out here after brawl came out.
yeah kinda same here. But at national tourneys the population is pretty even if not more for melee. Yeah I get so much more fun out of melee then brawl. Brawl sucks. in melee all the characters are so much more balanced.

MKs are impossible... not even worth playing G&W... switching to snake pceout
lmao Im literally laughing right now, who are you?! HAHAHAHA

Top Bottom