• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PARASOLIC SHINE BOMBIMG IS FO REALZ!!! Video proof inside!

JCav

Smash Lord
WARNING:Content swears, a lot. Don't say I didn't warn you...​

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9oXxo85yGvY

The original intent of this video was to show some of the utilities of shining off a ledge as you see at the beginning but of course there had to be a few tricks and such to go along with it. I showed everyone this in my video before, but I didn't really know that much about it at the time.
I know that this doesn't seem very good and it's pretty difficult to do consistently for what it's worth. My best advice to get it down is just practice (duh) but look for certain spots to jump from, like a mark in the stage or background to go off of. But, why I think this is important, and why I think it's good is because it's a moving hitbox, and a good one at that. You are all well aware of shine's properties and such and I believe that the utilities can be valuable. As you can hopefully see, it's versatile. You can do things like just grab the ledge, fall and do nothing, do a back air, or do your own thing that I didn't come up with yet.
And also I'd like to say that I think platform canceling is nasty good, and speeds the game up to say the least. It's fun, it's tricky, it should be used. And as you can see I demonstrate that you can use shine to platform cancel as well (and I believe other characters can do this too, I know Marth can for a fact). Now using shine to platform cancel I feel like is not as bad as it may seem to be at first. I personally think that it's easier to do than regular platform canceling and if you mess this one up, you won't have as much lag as if you messed up the other one and did a down air (unless you spike them). So I would recommend that if you're starting out and trying to learn how to platform cancel, try it with shine first.
I believe that the videos I've made in the past, and will continue to make in the future, won't have a huge impact on Wolf, and they shouldn't until I prove that these tactics are good enough. I know the only way to prove this is to win, and I haven't done that in the past and may not from this day forward. I may have not played much competitive smash in the last ten months, but I have lurked here and there and played Wolf for about three years so I feel like I know just as many things as anyone else does, I just don't have the tournament experience or skill. Lately I've had a few more things to go along with this that seem good to me, but are just “tricks” and nothing spectacular or meta-game changing. I hope to one day prove that all of these “tricks” I've thought of and watched other people do will make Wolf good enough.
I'd like to conclude this by saying that I'll try to make the biggest impact on this character as I can, but I can't promise anything... well maybe at LEAST one more video... But seriously I'm going to do my best to Wolf better than I found him. Raaaaaauuuuuuuuuuuul

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Totally useless post, thanks for visiting the Wolf boards :)

Shine to platform cancel seems somewhat useful actually, because of the general traits of shine (basically, the invincibility). But you can just platform cancel by tapping down on the analog stick, so for lowest risk try that out ;D

Your tech skill never ceases to amaze me though lol, I still can't hog with Wolf xD Does the slide-off shine make it any easier to ledgegrab? And since your flash cancels are so consistent you should make a video of you running around an entire stage with sideB :3 But seriously, that would be awesome :3 I want to do one about sideB tricks on Japes so leave that stage to me lol, but I'm still not 100% with cancels :<

:059:

castorpollux

Smash Champion
holy crap. u have no idea how close that is to what really parasolic shine bombing is.

O_O_O_O__O_O_O_O

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Wow, I might actually try to implement some of this stuff into my game. I already do useless things like doop walk and reverse Usmash so why not do this. Tricksies.

Goldenadept

Smash Lord
Jcav your wolf makes me hot, that vid was hot, hugs are hot <3 <3

i cannot ledge hug for the life of me :( but its fun when i randomly get it

D

Deleted member

Okay, I see what you mean with the jump reversed blaster. Looks cool and the movement with it is just nifty.

Weird how wolf is moving backwards as he shoots. Isn't it supposed to give him forward momentum?

-Googs

Smash Lord
You're all ignorant wolf mains looking for something good. These techniques aren't relevant in any sense towards the meta-game. Learn better techniques this is useless

castorpollux

Smash Champion
You're all ignorant wolf mains looking for something good. These techniques aren't relevant in any sense towards the meta-game. Learn better techniques this is useless
i can't wait to parasolic bomb shine you

JCav

Smash Lord
Does the slide-off shine make it any easier to ledgegrab?
:059:
No, not really. It's like anything, you have to space it right to grab the ledge, which is probably harder than hugging

Weird how wolf is moving backwards as he shoots. Isn't it supposed to give him forward momentum?
I think you can do it to make him go forward but it won't be as much as distance in the opposite direction from what you saw

D

Deleted member

Citrus, why are you here???

@JCav: Are you just holding backwards then to get the backwards momentum?

JCav

Smash Lord
Step one- shield. Stay with me you're doing great.

Step two-Jump>quickly b reversal

Step three> hold the control stick in the way you wish to retreat ( this is tricky, if you accidentally illusion a lot and die, you're on the right track)

The momentum from the b reversal helps your momentum... I believe but your question is correct

Zync

Smash Journeyman
I do that thing u guys are talking the same way i do for a full hop shine, just instead of pressing shine, press blaster

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
I like lil john and the eastside boys. I loled when you put the most techinical thing was speed hugging because I told my friends "The most techincal thing Wolf can do is grab the ledge from behind" and THEY DIDN'T BELIEVE ME!

D

Deleted member

Step one- shield. Stay with me you're doing great.

Step two-Jump>quickly b reversal

Step three> hold the control stick in the way you wish to retreat ( this is tricky, if you accidentally illusion a lot and die, you're on the right track)

The momentum from the b reversal helps your momentum... I believe but your question is correct
Ugh...can't do it. That or I'm not doing it right.

I think I am only able to learn ATs in person. :(

Top Bottom