• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3DS Patch 1.02 changes

Cactusblah

Smash Apprentice
http://www.nintendo.co.jp/3ds/axcj/update/index.html

Fixes Peach players getting banned from online play due to random items.
Also some other problems were fixed so that "customers can play the game comfortably"

What could the other problems be? Can anyone check if the ZSS infinite against Robin was fixed? If not, maybe Nintendo would patch that as well if they become aware of it?

Last edited:

Gidy

Smash Lord
NNID
I-Gidy-I
3DS FC
0834-3126-6726
Was vectoring patched/removed?

Last edited:

Pirate Goomba

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BackburningPyro
3DS FC
3969-6919-4080
Switch FC
2859 5488 3187
These fixes would come with the game in other regions right?

KaZe_DaRKWIND

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5043-2124-2144
I've heard Rush cancelling was removed but no confirmation yet.

Edit: Deconfirmed.

Last edited:

Gidy

Smash Lord
NNID
I-Gidy-I
3DS FC
0834-3126-6726
There is literally zero chance that it will be removed.
Ugh. I can't say I had hope. I guess this is good and was the point of there being a Japanese release first. Stuff like this worldwide would be a disaster.

Khao

Smash Lord
I can't help but to wonder.

If they actually do balance patches, bugfixes or any mechanical changes, as minor as they could be...

What the **** will happen if you watch a replay featuring stuff from a from a previous version?

'Cause that could get ugly.

Last edited:

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995

If they actually do balance patches, bugfixes or any mechanical changes, as minor as they could be...

What the **** will happen if you watch a replay featuring stuff from a from a previous version?

Well, the replay is probably just a saved video. You don't need the exact mechanics to remain to recreate what happened visually.

Beninator

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GhotiH
3DS FC
1461-6196-0520

I've thought about the same thing ever since I realized this game could be patched!

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
Well, the replay is probably just a saved video. You don't need the exact mechanics to remain to recreate what happened visually.
Replays aren't saved as videos. They're recorded character movements and inputs that are just played back.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Replays aren't saved as videos. They're recorded character movements and inputs that are just played back.
In other words, the replay data is exactly the same as Brawl's replay data. And the sad part is that in Brawl, the replay data's coding can get messed up without any warning.

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
Maybe the replays can remember old builds of the game somehow...

Last edited:

Igneous42

Smash Ace

I mean, other fighting games have done this with no problem. Maybe they save them in a different way but I don't see why it should be an issue.

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
In other words, the replay data is exactly the same as Brawl's replay data. And the sad part is that in Brawl, the replay data's coding can get messed up without any warning.
Ah, I knew that Brawl's worked like this but didn't know that it's been confirmed that it's the same in SSB4.

I just downloaded the patch from the eShop but my game didn't patch... am I doing something wrong?

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
Mario Kart 8's ghost data is character inputs and movements, too, and that doesn't mess up or corrupt. I'm sure they've fixed whatever breaks it, so I think it's going to be alright.

I'm not sure if MKTV saves them as character movements, too, but I think it actually does so the file size isn't huge. It probably just records it or builds a video or something when you upload to YouTube.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Ah, I knew that Brawl's worked like this but didn't know that it's been confirmed that it's the same in SSB4.
It does remain to be seen if the replays will operate differently for the Wii U version though. It would actually be neat if we can share our matches on YouTube.

K-45

Smash Journeyman
I've heard Rush cancelling was removed but no confirmation yet.

Edit: Deconfirmed.
I don't think they will remove it. megaman needs all the little buffs he can get besides if no one plays him he might recieve buffs over time.

Last edited:

Yikarur

Smash Master
The Game warns you when you're saving a replay that the replay does not work with future versions of the game.

SuperGuzzi

Smash Journeyman
The Game warns you when you're saving a replay that the replay does not work with future versions of the game.
That is.. really sad D: If I remember correctly, in Team Fortress 2 (or maybe every source game) when you save a replay (it works exactly like smash's) It still works after several patched, because they save previous versions in order to don't mess with the replays.

Last edited:

Raijinken

Smash Master
Some games state that when a new version is released, past save games/replays/stuff won't work. Saddening, but an inevitable part of any non-video replay.

But yea, hoping for some proper balance patching. Just... not yet. Too soon for that. Every 1-3 months at the absolute fastest.

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
We saw a desync on vgbootcamp iirc when spectating a match so I'm sure they patched that up. I think if it affected balance they would probably specifically call it out. Or I'd like to believe, I should say.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
It's good to see Peach players being able to play online. :3

I too, wish we could get more information on what they updated, but what can you do. Anyway, hopefully a good majority of bugs and problems that are found are fixed before the game goes international.

25%Cotton

Smash Ace
NNID
Samu.S
3DS FC
4785-5442-4678

the game specifically gives you a warning that with coming updates it may become impossible to watch your old videos.

so the only safe option is to record them :v
maybe there'll be a way to send them to miiverse/youtube like with MK8 when the worldwide release happens and/or the release of the new3DS

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Balance patch is waaaayyyyy to early at this point if they are gonna try to do that, this is mostly to fix the very large bug of Peach players getting banned.

Might fix other things but so far this seems to be it, rest might come later but I'd wait on that for a long while.

Ehn Jolly

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, let's wait until the game is out everywhere before we start balancing things, as the meta's still pretty mutable.

Ragna22

Smash Ace

Tekken Tag Tournament and Blazblue handled that pretty well actually, within the replay they'll show you what version of the game the replay was recorded in and they'll run exactly as they did during the time of those versions and since Namco helped make Smash 4 I don't think that'd be an issue.

Also to those who don't seem to think these patches will make it outside Japan, do you seriously think that Nintendo would send this game overseas knowing full well that there's a bug that makes Peach unplayable online? There DOES exist day 1 patches ya know, just saying.

Last edited:
Top Bottom