• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pathways Smash XI August

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
Terral, any word on entry fees?

I'd like to at least help KC make gas money back since I'm short on cash atm :(

Terral

bluehexagons
Slippi.gg
TERA#282
I was thinking $2 entry fees for everything, but maybe free doubles. We could do $2-per-team doubles, though $4 might be pushing it.

DeLux

It's 400 miles to Springfield and back from Lawrence, KS.
Divided by the 18mpg my car gets, that's about 22.2 gallons of gas round trip.
Multiple that by the $3.5 gas currently is $78.
For 3 people, which is what I expect to bring, that's $26 each.

I realize that you don't like doing large entry fees, but even $5 is considered small/being economical by most tournament standards. The winner of a 10 person - $5 tournament would get $25 back assuming 60/30/10, or just enough to barely cover gas minus a dollar.

Last time I was lucky because KCGamers just gave me the gas money for free. But between doubles and singles, I'd just like for the opportunity for winners + second place to come away at least breaking even. As much as I love you all, it's hard for me to sell driving down to you guys to the big KC names (MJG and Fino specifically for Brawl, and a couple of the KC Melee people) if it's a guaranteed loss no matter what happens.

Obviously it's not my place to tell you how to run your tournament, but it would definitely help to get bigger names out your way if you guys did at least a $5 entry

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
I agree with Lux. We're not really doing anything for melee this time since nobody is really traveling so this is a good opportunity for brawl to have a bigger event. Step it up Terral and at least make it $5! I'll even enter to help support the cause.

:phone:

DeLux

lol Bane, thanks for the support on the idea, except I'm not Fino ;)

No promises, but if it's a $5 event, I'll do my best to get Fino or MJG to come with me. Fino being more likely since he lives with me, but I don't know what his weekend work/life schedule looks like.

MJG is in it for the money lol

DeLux

What are you talking about? It clearly says "Lux" lol.

You live with Fino and don't know his work/life schedule even a little??

We both are trying to join the millionaire's club and I've seen him maybe once in the last three days because we work so much lol

Terral

bluehexagons
Slippi.gg
TERA#282
We can do $5 if it's that big of a deal, $5 per team for doubles since we usually just do free doubles with a paid singles bracket. Since we weren't planning on doing a paid event, I'm cautious to have entry fees that high at risk of losing most local participation, but we can plan on it and I'll get ahold the Springfield players who aren't active on the boards so they know a little bit ahead of time. It would have been good if we'd worked this out sooner.

Edit: although, I'm not sure if people are going to be willing to. It may be best if you guys wait until next month so we can actually arrange for a higher entry fee. If no one locally is going to want to pay $5 entry, then we're going to maintain the $2 entry. We can try to pool together gas money for you guys, but I can't contribute personally so I can't say if there would be anything significant to give.

DeLux

hmmm
I mean do what you can

No worries either way

Just for future reference, KC can't come unless we can possibly beat that $78 clip
Well rather, I should say won't.

I am probably the only one that'll try to head down consistently. Everyone else wants the scrilla lol

MJG

Smash Hero
Lux is right...I mean...I won't deny my own incentive but I literally couldn't afford to come to Springfield without me knowing that I won't go negative from a tournament (no matter what the outcome is).

DeLux

But yeah, we REALLY want to come down and support your guys' scene

We're just super poor and stuff and want to make it so our best players (MJG and Fino) can make it worth their while

Terral

bluehexagons
Slippi.gg
TERA#282
It looks like at least some of the Springfield scene is down for the raised entry fee. 12-16 entrants is probably a decent approximation.

Linkz17

Smash Apprentice
As much as I'd love to see the Springfield brawl scene grow even more, I've officially entered broke college kid status. My bank accounts are empty and I barley have any money lying around for day to day expenses. I'm going to have to vote against raising the entry fee for now. Of course, I really don't care about this game anymore, so I'll just stop attending if I can't afford it anymore.

Terral

bluehexagons
Slippi.gg
TERA#282
If you don't care about Smash, what is there left to care about? Also, I'll pay $3 of your entry into singles if you'll give the $3 back if you win. I'm a broke college kid, too.

Edit: also, we need a recording setup. Ugvts won't be able to have his. Can anyone bring one?

Linkz17

Smash Apprentice
We'll see. And at least you don't have to pay for room and board, plus a ridiculously overpriced meal plan and books you don't even need.

Denti

Smash Master
I would bring a carpool to this if the fee was higher, maybe like 5$ would be enough.. I just can't travel to a tournament when no matter what place I make I'd lose cash.

Interesting fact, I was born in this city >.>

Edit: So I just read the last page. Is the fee really going to be 5$?? If so, I think I might be coming..

The last Edit: oh wait, this is really too far. :(

Terral

bluehexagons
Slippi.gg
TERA#282
We weren't expecting to see much interest in this month's tournament, so we weren't planning anything big. I'd like to plan in advance to try to have a bigger event sometime (with a higher fee and possibly a bonus pot) in the coming months, but we need to make sure we have a venue for it (we might lose the current one for insurance reasons) and we need to make sure that enough people would be interested in coming here and that there would be interest here locally to make it worth everyone's time.

DeLux

If you wanted, we could make it an Circuit Event. That would almost guarantee at least 20 from the midwest west region for sure

KC is bringing four people if we decide to do $5 entries: Fino, DeLux, Quote, and Emar

Terral

bluehexagons
Slippi.gg
TERA#282
What would be involved in making it a Circuit Event? What is that, exactly? I haven't kept up with the Brawl scene too much in the past while.

Terral

bluehexagons
Slippi.gg
TERA#282
We should be confirmed on the $5 entry fee for tomorrow.

DeLux

KC is leaving now and should be expected to arrive around 1:30

If you guys need updates, text me at 7149066582

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
Yes, Yes beat Fino and he also won winners finals. However, he got 2nd to Lux =/

Yes and I won melee dubs, got 3rd in brawl dubs (he carried us, I'm melee only), and I won melee singles.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Damn, good stuff to you guys then.

Happy to see Yes doing well in this region already. NJ/NY is too powerful.

DeLux

Forgot to say we got home alright

Fun times

Shoutouts in Results thread

Top Bottom