• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pathways Smash XI September

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
yeah, in all likelihood, I probably won't be able to go anyways because KC is split between SIIS and this already

Terral

bluehexagons
Slippi.gg
TERA#282
Lux, if you can give all of the changes you'd like us trying out, we can use a modified rule set for this month instead of Unity (even if you're not going to be able to show up). I also want to try 1-stock bo5, which should go fast enough that we can run it parallel to other Brawl events. We should get a full rule set for that so it's totally clear how it works to everyone.

As for your argument about diversity, I think it's totally cool to ban 90% of the stages for 1-stock. I don't see most stages as a benefit, especially most of the counterpick stages in Unity. I agree 1-stock can't replace Unity, but Smash Bros is about having fun and Brawl is such a broken game that trying to create a catch-all solution to all of its problems gets too complicated to be as fun as it should be.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
I've actually had a vendetta against the over centralization of the importance of winning game one within the committee and I'm starting to win people over towards changing that.

I could give you two suggestions that I see that might work work to solve this on a theoretical level. One is super simple, but it completely abandons the elements of counterpicking we hold now (tbh based on your previous post, this simple approach would be more to your liking because one of my personal distastes for it was that it would dampen stage diversity at the expense of competitive neutrality in terms of values). The other is my brain child, is super complicated, but I think might uphold my trifecta of imperative values (stage diversity, competitive neutrality, and decentralization of the importance of game 1) while maintaining elements of the current counter pick system.

So tldr: did you want the simple rule system or the complex one?

>Bert<

Smash Ace
I fully agree with Zant. All this Brawl talk. Sheesh.

So I asked Strong Bad a question about frame data that he actually DIDN'T know lol. Does anyone know if Falcon can jab reset and then Falcon Punch in enough time? It doesn't seem possible, but maybe frame perfect could work. Or teams....omg ****.

:phone:

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
it really shouldn't be. last I checked the forced getup was either 13 or 26 frames (I could be wrong though), and Falcon Punch takes nearly a second.

Yes!: I'm in the Project M Back Room (as well as Melee Back Room obv). if LinkMO pulls through and I end up making it to this I'll probably bring the back room build.

Ziv: Teamsies for this?

Terral: Can I test out a new stagelist @ this? want to see the effects of some different stage lists in tournaments for MBR purposes.

-Sinister-

Smash Ace
Can I test out a new stagelist @ this? want to see the effects of some different stage lists in tournaments for MBR purposes.
as long as your new stagelist is exactly the same but exluding FoD and brinstar, yes you can change it. i ain't playin on no jungle japes or mute ****ty or sum bull.

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
I fully agree with Zant. All this Brawl talk. Sheesh.

So I asked Strong Bad a question about frame data that he actually DIDN'T know lol. Does anyone know if Falcon can jab reset and then Falcon Punch in enough time? It doesn't seem possible, but maybe frame perfect could work. Or teams....omg ****.

:phone:
I don't think falcon can do it on his own. Pawnch is too slow to do that.

Terral

bluehexagons
Slippi.gg
TERA#282
I've actually had a vendetta against the over centralization of the importance of winning game one within the committee and I'm starting to win people over towards changing that.

I could give you two suggestions that I see that might work work to solve this on a theoretical level. One is super simple, but it completely abandons the elements of counterpicking we hold now (tbh based on your previous post, this simple approach would be more to your liking because one of my personal distastes for it was that it would dampen stage diversity at the expense of competitive neutrality in terms of values). The other is my brain child, is super complicated, but I think might uphold my trifecta of imperative values (stage diversity, competitive neutrality, and decentralization of the importance of game 1) while maintaining elements of the current counter pick system.
Go ahead and give us both, if not just because I'm curious. I'd probably go for a simpler one for an easier barrier-of-entry since we have a bunch of participants who don't check the boards and will have to be informed on-site.

Terral hit me up on aim if you're interested in the 1 stock bo5.
I don't have an AIM, I went ahead and sent a friend request on Facebook.

Yes!: I'm in the Project M Back Room (as well as Melee Back Room obv). if LinkMO pulls through and I end up making it to this I'll probably bring the back room build.
I hope you heard that, Bert. The fate of the world rests on your shoulders.

Terral: Can I test out a new stagelist @ this? want to see the effects of some different stage lists in tournaments for MBR purposes.
It's likely, but I'd have to see the stage list first before agreeing to it. Not that I don't trust your judgement, more that I'm not really sure what could be improved.

>Bert<

Smash Ace
GUESS I'M STUCK WITH RYAN THEN caps
This can't be THAT bad... =(
Team with Winister if u don't like the idea of teaming with me.
And don't u worry about a thing, I'm pulling thru this month fo sho.

And Yes!, I couldn't have said it better myself, I miss corneria so bad lol.

Leviathan wanted to come this month Ziv, but now that its toward the end of the month he might not be able to. Don't hold your breath.

Zantetsu

Smash Master
Yeah, well I don't judge PS3 and 360 since the only games I like on those consoles (which are very few, mostly fighters only) are on both systems. Modern day gaming sucks anyway so it's funny to watch PS3 and 360 fanboys attack each other.

ZGE

Smash Apprentice
From Columbia area: I may be coming depending on an event next weekend. And if I do come I'm absolutely down for some 64, I'll low tier Samus all of you or 0-death you with Yoshi.

But yeah I'd play brawl too.

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
From Columbia area: I may be coming depending on an event next weekend. And if I do come I'm absolutely down for some 64, I'll low tier Samus all of you or 0-death you with Yoshi.

pretty big difference between two statements!

-Sinister-

Smash Ace

who the hell's this?

Top Bottom