• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pathways Smash XII February feat. Vts, Ugvts, Strongvts

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
I'd go to see my friend Vinnie (he's coming from NY) but there's no money in it for me and it's 3 hours away sadly.

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
I'm excited for this tournament. I'm going to try my hardest to play as much as possible to get in a ton of practice.

Michael, are we teaming? We would have made 3rd, even possibly 2nd if you came to Rolla. There's no doubt we'll have first here. Besides, when was the last time we teamed?!
Absolutely we are teaming for this. You should try to get to town on Friday and we can practice. Wretched and Terrence can come. I have regular TVs so don't worry about potential lag. Or maybe we could play at the church, but if so it won't be for as long.

Zantetsu

Smash Master
Arby, will you be attending?

Why do we not know who all from Arkansas is coming? I need to know what to practice against.

darkatma

Smash Hero
lol looks like you got pretty handily bodied

you're improving at a quick rate though, so I wouldn't be too surprised if you can pull out the victory... if only you could beat strongbad lol

Vts

Smash Champion
lol looks like you got pretty handily bodied

you're improving at a quick rate though, so I wouldn't be too surprised if you can pull out the victory... if only you could beat strongbad lol
Who is this strong bad? I only know of strongvts :p

Who knows I've improved also so will see will be good tournament , unless we get no sleep again.

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
Who is this strong bad? I only know of strongvts :p

Who knows I've improved also so will see will be good tournament , unless we get no sleep again.
There's a saying - it escapes me at the moment - that might be appropriate here.

Something like "DON'T BE A *****"

:bee:

Vts

Smash Champion
This is so heart wrenching. I beat him all time when we're playing friendlies. In fact I think I win more often than not. But as soon as it matters (in tourney), Its like I start sucking and then he starts to play as if he cares... uhh I'm so mad :mad:
Friendlies are not try hard time, they are experiment time , if you play serious 100% then they might figure out your play style then own you in singles, my better half does that

Cookiemonsta

Smash Ace
Yea thats my point. I NEVER sandbag in friendlies. But apparently he does for sake of trying out trying stuff While in all, he's taking mental side notes of my play style.

Vts

Smash Champion
Yea thats my point. I NEVER sandbag in friendlies. But apparently he does for sake of trying out trying stuff While in all, he's taking mental side notes of my play style.
It's not about sandbagging it's about improving your play style vs other by trying new things that could work in tournament , that's mangos view of friendlies since most the community is try hards in friendlies he can push his edge guards and pressure better with new ways and idea before using them in tournament of when you know it might not work

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
I always thought Terrence was sandbagging, but he was just playing slow and precise to figure out what I do.

Terral

bluehexagons
Slippi.gg
TERA#282
I look forward to cool matches later. What time is Arkansas going to be there?

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I don't necessarily sandbag in friendlies I just try harder in tournament than usual. I'd suggest not going 100% tryhard in friendlies especially not at tourneys cuz then you get tired out.

Linkz17

Smash Apprentice
So just to verify, the tourney is in the basement right? I may be showing up with a guest or two, and I'd like to make sure I know where we're going.

Terral

bluehexagons
Slippi.gg
TERA#282
So just to verify, the tourney is in the basement right? I may be showing up with a guest or two, and I'd like to make sure I know where we're going.
As far as I know, we will be in the basement. Hopefully your guests make it, most of the ones who keep telling me they'll come to a tournament bailed again.

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
Results (Melee)
1) Yes! + Chibosempai (Fox/Sheik)
2) Roman + Zivlyn Bane (Fox/Marth)
3) Wretched + Terrence (Falco/Sheik)

Melee Singles
1) Yes!/Chibo (Split)
3) Terrence
4) Roman
5) Zivlyn Bane
6) Terral (DQ'd)

Brawl was cancelled due to lack of interest.

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
Chibo, LOVE the avatar. Groose is too good. Real results:
Dubs
1-VTS & Arby
2-Strong Bad & King Siegfried
3 - Zivilyn Bane & Terry
4 - Zantetsu & Wretched
Singles
1 - Arby
2 - VTS
3 - Strong Bad
4 - Zivilyn Bane
5 - Terry
5 - King Siegfried
7 - Terral
7 - Wretched

:phone:

Terral

bluehexagons
Slippi.gg
TERA#282
Also, Yes called it. There was no Brawl due to lack of interest (sorry Linkz).

GGs everyone, great seeing Arkansas again after so long, and always good seeing Rolla. Also great really getting to meet all of the newer players. I will have the results thread up Monday, and hopefully Ugvts will be uploading matches before that to http://www.youtube.com/user/PathwaysSmash

Depending on when Rolla wants to do their monthly and when the church says is OK, the tentative date for the next Pathways is the 17th.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
???

I think you lost when I came down there >_>

People should come to Get HYPE :)
Been talking to Terral, but so everyone else knows I'd chip in a few bucks for your carpool if Brawl did come. I especially want Linkz to come because he's baller and would be one of the best if he used not Zelda >_> :D

Top Bottom