• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pathways Smash XII January

Zantetsu

Smash Master
North Springfield is ghetto as **** anyway (For Springfield, that is. East St. Louis and places like that are a whole other story). I feel bad for the travelers through I-44 who don't make it past the church. Springfield looks much nicer the more you go south.

Terral

bluehexagons
Slippi.gg
TERA#282
North Springfield really isn't that bad still, but it's not great. South is a bit mixed, but mostly nice.

Also, as of five minutes ago, I have my tournament organizer ready for a pre-alpha test at Pathways tomorrow. Maybe cutting it a little close, but it's ready enough and I have reasonable faith that it won't crap out on us. The interface is completely placeholder and extremely ugly (I've just been trying to get it functional for tomorrow) aside from the brackets themselves (technically also WIP), so I'll be dealing with setting up everything.

crawlshots

Smash Apprentice
A few things - 1) I'll probably be there around 2 but I'll try to drive fast, 2) if the doors are locked could I have someone's number to call? 3) is it worth it to bring a partial setup? (no TV)

Linkz17

Smash Apprentice
Also, as of five minutes ago, I have my tournament organizer ready for a pre-alpha test at Pathways tomorrow. Maybe cutting it a little close, but it's ready enough and I have reasonable faith that it won't crap out on us. The interface is completely placeholder and extremely ugly (I've just been trying to get it functional for tomorrow) aside from the brackets themselves (technically also WIP), so I'll be dealing with setting up everything.
You're not using Tio anymore?

A few things - 1) I'll probably be there around 2 but I'll try to drive fast, 2) if the doors are locked could I have someone's number to call? 3) is it worth it to bring a partial setup? (no TV)
It wouldn't hurt to bring a partial set up, at least I wouldn't think so. But if it's going to be a hassle for you, you shouldn't worry too much about it.

Terral

bluehexagons
Slippi.gg
TERA#282
I'll probably be there around noon, ready for friendlies.
Alright, in that case I'll get there a little earlier than I was planning to make sure someone's there at 12.

Did you end up getting someone's number? Where are you coming from? Hopefully knocking on the door hard enough will get someone's attention, at least. As for a partial setup, it's your decision. You won't get anything out of bringing it aside from the satisfaction of knowing you may have helped speed things along, but we will hopefully have enough setups.

You're not using Tio anymore?
I've been working on my own tournament organizer, so I'm wanting to pre-alpha test it to make sure I'm not wasting my time. It'll be compatible with Tio's file formats when I'm done with it, and for the time being it will at least be easy for me to re-create the brackets in Tio to upload to AllIsBrawl. I've tried to make sure that the brackets themselves are compatible so I can just copy them over. If it doesn't go very well at first, I'll switch to Tio, but based on basic preliminary testing I'm not too worried.

Terral

bluehexagons
Slippi.gg
TERA#282
It's alright, I wanted some time for warm-up anyway.

Terral

bluehexagons
Slippi.gg
TERA#282
Awesome tournament, had a lot of fun.
Found a platinum controller that someone left, I don't know whose it is.

Linkz17

Smash Apprentice
It was nice to see everyone again. Fun stuff.

However, after seeing this 1 stock brawl thing, I believe some adjustments are to be made. However, I'll post my idea on the February tourney page, whenever that should be up.

Terral

bluehexagons
Slippi.gg
TERA#282
Stuff should be up tomorrow or Tuesday, considering that I have work and homework and other obligations.

Edit to avoid double post: also, I'd like any and all feedback on the tournament software I used. There are a lot of things that obviously aren't finished, and there's a lot of polishing I already intend to do, but I won't make a list of things I have planned. I'd rather just hear what other people think I need to fix about it.

Zantetsu

Smash Master
•Allow byes to be moved around
•Allow there to be customized prize money percentages so incase we have a small tournament, you can change the percentages to 1st - 70%, 2nd - 30%, 3rd - 0%
•Maybe make different tournaments tabbed instead of added to the bottom? It's much easier to click tabs between tournaments than scrolling through them.

I'm sure you already have these thoughts in mind, but they're really the only flaws I can think of. Also, shutouts later tonight, maybe.

Terral

bluehexagons
Slippi.gg
TERA#282
•Allow byes to be moved around
•Allow there to be customized prize money percentages so incase we have a small tournament, you can change the percentages to 1st - 70%, 2nd - 30%, 3rd - 0%
•Maybe make different tournaments tabbed instead of added to the bottom? It's much easier to click tabs between tournaments than scrolling through them.

I'm sure you already have these thoughts in mind, but they're really the only flaws I can think of. Also, shutouts later tonight, maybe.
Yeah, these are all things I'm already planning to address, just not functional for the pre-alpha. I still appreciate the input. Anything else you'd like to add (or anyone else)?
Still planning on getting stuff up tomorrow or the day after.

Top Bottom