• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pathways Smash XII May Results

>Bert<

Smash Ace
Iori - Congrats again on first place man! We never got to play any matches, but I learned a lot from your matches with other players in terms of spacing and just all around playing smarter. I'm not gonna lie, I was intimidated by you all day long lol.
Dart - I don't really care what anyone else says, you have a hilarious personality and I'd totally be down to smash anytime if I'm ever in the Peoria area.
ihavespaceballs - I've always been intimidated by Samus, but your's is a whole new category. People who play Samus don't really realize how mentally draining it is to play against them lol. I find Samus exceedingly stressful to play. Some people don't have that problem at all, but I definitely do =/. Because of all of this I was SUPER intimidated by you. I still wish we had played a few rounds.
Jace - always good seeing you man. I don't think my Falcon will ever live up to my expectations nor will it ever be as good as yours. I've said this to you before and I'll say it again, you're the most Darkrain-like Falcon in the Midwest, so keep on representing.
VTS - you're such a cool person and I wanted to get some friendlies in with you, but everytime I turned around to do some friendlies, you were already taken by someone else =(
Myztek - maybe next time we play teams I won't SD as much lollllllllllll still had some good laughs. Good stuff in the bracket. Your matches with Jace were so close!
Arby - good seeing you, but no friendlies were played =(
G. Vice - please for the love of God don't ever quit smash. And please continue to come to these tournaments!
Zivilyn Bane - stop countering me! Lol for real though, thanks again for putting on such a great tournament. I'm never disappointed when I come to these Pathways.
Strong Bad - thanks for bringing my Dazzle back. Our bracket match was close.
Tron - teams was funny. Good to meet you.
Zantetsu - Are you planning on continuing smash? If not, just let me beat you already so my Elo rating can go up lmao I kid man. Don't ever quit smash. You're way too good to quit.
Smooth - extremely surprised at how much better you've gotten! Thanks for riding in the epic smash van!
ACE - never got to play, but thanks for coming and being a part of the awesomeness!
Cookiemonsta - glad you were able to make it and ride along with all of us! Sorry for the van being so uncomfortable, but it's better than being in the way back!!
The March Hare - never got to play, but thanks for coming!
Terral - I was very surprised at how much better your Pika got! When you picked FD, I actually thought I was going to get chaingrabbed the entire time into an usmash, but you didn't and I'd like to thank you for that lol (I just find it so boring). Our money matches were close!
poopydungman - nice name!
Shinobi - thanks for being the broiest bro ever and teaming with me. Get those matches uploaded so I can add them to the video thread!
Bert - sigh
Gaston - thanks for coming!
King Siegfried - I'm glad you came man! Hope the hangover wasn't too terrible.
Riio - man, when you go back to China for the summer who am I gonna smash with?! You better bring your Cube along and at least practice tech skill all summer long. Was totally cool chillin with you. Hope you didn't mind sleeping on the floor at my place!
Terry - man teams was close! Good seein you bud.
Goat - I don't remember seeing you, unless this is a different Goat. Is this the "Ryan" Goat?
Chaos - thanks for making it!
Daniel the Seraph - notice how terrible I am at the Ganon matchup? lol your Ganon has made a bunch of improvements. I kept running into the fair --> jab trick every single time lol. Glad you came along man.
Ugvts - dude, thank you so much for recording such great matches and for uploading them so quickly. Seriously was awesome.
Block - thanks for being there!
Platypus - thanks for coming!
-2 - thanks for being there!
Hentercenter - thanks for coming!
Fishburne - keep practicing bud!
Wooz - thanks for coming!
Bill Cosby - you continue to get better! Keep at it!
Zur - thanks for coming!

Jace08

Smash Lord
Iori- I never understood just how much talent you had and just how big a troll you were till this tourney lol. Good stuff, and it was really fun teamin with ya!
Dart- ggs man always good seein ya. Your marth is broke! I learned a lot in our set
ihavespaceballs- coolest smasher there both in game and irl, keep doin what you're doin!
VTS- I hate ICs ><. but seriously we should play more so I get better at the matchup
Myztek- ggs dude your falco hit me with a lotta stuff that surprised me
Arby- fun friendlies and ggs in bracket. I had to go super serious jace'oclock vs you because I know you have serious potential to be destroying everybody
G. Vice- we never play in bracket lol ><. Epic friendlies though for sure! Great seein ya dude and put some chalk or something on your ganon's feet, they're too slippery
Zivilyn Bane- thanks for the encouragment man, and yeah it's too bad we never played. Great job hosting and I look forward to hangin with you again
Strong Bad- your dk is something to be feared now, and personally I've enjoyed seeing your hard work pay off. Sucks that this just wasn't your tourney though. You'll get em next time (also good job with your help TOing)
Zantetsu- I wish I had seen more of your matches as I love watching your fox for some reason, it just always looks good ><. ggs in pools and it'll be fun to hang with ya again
ACE- was cool getting to meet and play you man, fun games
Cookiemonsta- yeah I definitely enjoyed our friendlies too, you'd always come so close to winning last stock then something dumb would happen ><
Terral- yeah I wish we coulda played some too man.I know your pika is not to be underestimated. Watch more axe videos and keep it up!
Bert- ah ya never know man, if you stick with falcon long enough who knows what could happen? He is pretty hard to main though lol... just play who you have the most fun with and then put all your work into that char imo. Also amazing job bring a gazillion smashers to this thing
King Siegfried- we never did get to play did we? next time
Terry- thanks for wanting me to win I was definitely trying ><. I love your playstyle dude and look forward to hanging and playin friendlies with you again
Daniel the Seraph- ggs in pools man and I'm happy to see that you've still stuck with Ganon, I admire that. Keep playing and getting better!
Fishburne- was really happy to get to know you this tourney, you're such a chill dude. THANK YOU FOR DRIVING!
Bill Cosby- ggs in pools man, I think you have the best tag out of all of us ><

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Iori - sheik is gay. legit Doc. ggs, fun to play. I JUST DON'T KNOW WHAT WENT WRONG
Dart - dunno what happened after WSF. i think we both were sucking it up a bit vs. vts and arby. we'll get 'em next time. thanks for teaming with me, I think we definitely showed we're a force to be reckoned with when we get our flow going. Teamsies at SMYM14...?
ihavespaceballs - I will defeat you next time. I'll be in the lab about this MU. Fun times at Steak n' Shake. Dr Pepper + Frisco Melt w/ Bacon master race. JEWISH VALENTINE! Oh and we should do giant monkey + robot team sometime...
Jace - GGs in doubles... Dart and I wanted to come back and give you another good set at least but it just wasn't in the cards. Like you said this wasn't really my tourney lol. I spent most of my time helping Ziv TO so I didn't really have time to warm up/stay warmed up unfortunately and it hurt me. Oh well, it was a lot of fun. I'll see you at Massive's over the next couple months and we'll both improve.
VTS - I just do not understand ICs... Fun times at steak n shake. Nice moustache lmao. Needs more origami
Myztek - Never got to play you at this but good stuff placing so high.
Arby - Will be in the lab with Jace over the next couple months, I am apparently god awful at this MU. GGs in pools and bracket, sorry I threw my controller. Played like 80 Falcons at this tourney.
G. Vice - You're so cool to talk to. Just the way you phrase things is great lol. Fun times at Steak n' Shake! Dr Pepper reigns supreme. Hope we meet in tournament sometime man. Hope you get a job in nursing soon!
Zivilyn Bane - Good stuff running this thing with me. Something you should do is bug Terral to have more of a sense of urgency as a TO at the smaller locals so he's more suited for the bigger Pathways events.
Strong Bad - You suck get better.
Tron - We didn't get to play but good stuff placing 9th!
Zantetsu - Good to see you again, too bad we never played. I hear you moved to Springfield? Now you can play with everyone more. I better see an Iron-Oxide free Roman next time we play.
Smooth - Was nice to see you again! Hope you continue to play, you did well at this tourney.
ACE - GGs man your Falcon isn't something to take lightly.
Cookiemonsta - KAAAAAAAAARLLLLLLLLLLL THAT KILLS PEOPLE
The March Hare - Didn't get to play you except in PM but that was pretty fun and you seemed like a cool guy. Hope to see you at another Pathways one day!
Terral - please run your tourney next time so i can play friendlies
poopydungman - legendary gamertag
Shinobi - Not bad for a first tourney! Sinister's been training you well. that SD game 2 was just stupid lol
Bert - Was cool to see you again & glad I could give you back your dazzle! Hope your transplant works out.
King Siegfried - Stop smoking before/at tourneys.
Fishburne - Good **** driving, this tourney was lots of fun. SEE YOU LATER TODAY

ihavespaceblondes

Smash Master
ihavespaceballs - I will defeat you next time. I'll be in the lab about this MU. Fun times at Steak n' Shake. Dr Pepper + Frisco Melt w/ Bacon master race. JEWISH VALENTINE! Oh and we should do giant monkey + robot team sometime...
I just want to say... what the hell at that waitress. "Peer pressure is always bad"? GTFO.

ihavespaceblondes

Smash Master
Iori - <3
Dart - We never did a Mario ditto mm, wtf. It's always awesome to see and play you.
ihavespaceballs - do better scrub
Jace - Great stuff in teams and singles, and S&S after was amazingly fun haha
VTS - It is dangerous to hug your woman.
Myztek - I just realized you beat Ace and G Vice, and I never congratulated you the whole ride home. Good **** man!
Arby - *fsmash*
G. Ice - All Mario/Fox next time?
Zivilyn Bane - Great seeing you man, and you have two adorable little ones. Can't wait to get beaten by one of them in smash!
Strong Bad - Monkeyyyy versus Roooobottttt
Tron - We need to get you to more oos tournaments, dude, you shine at them.
Smooth - Nice Ganon in PM, I want a rematch!
ACE - We didn't play at all this time, what's up with that?
Riio - Nice meeting you, hope to see a lot of improvement by the next time I come up there.
Terral - I think you don't give your own Pika enough credit. Your basics especially are really good.

Sorry for people I missed, I'm really bad about shoutouts, tournament weekends tend to end up as one huge blur to me.

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
I now have a new controller.

I'll keep it on my person from now on to avoid another incident like that one. I didn't think it could get stolen because nobody was at the venue yet, but everyone showed up while we were gone.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
"If he gets a good lick he'll take it, else he'll just poke and prod til dawn." - G. Vice on Iori
it was something like that lol

and nah man i still feel bad about throwing my controller, thats just awkward for my opponent on so many levels lol

G. Vice

Smash Lord
Shoutouts-

IHSB- I caught that shoutout. Dirtbag. Good games, and I love teaming with you more than you know. I'm gonna be working on my fox, and we'll put that Mario/Fox team to use again vs Iori/??? I'm sure. Also, thanks for the uh...pointers.

Iori- Your ELO is about half what it should be. Let the world know, I beat your doc in a MM though. I should have taken your dollar =P

Arby- You destroyed in teams bro. Too bad team Gerudobot is > Captain Popo.

VTS- Good stuff vs Dart. I'm so glad that you have started outplacing me oos. It's so easy to see how much better you are when I don't only judge how well you do vs me and arby here in arkansas as an indication of your skill. Thanks for driving <3

Strong Bad- Glad my diction is amusing to you lol. Not gonna lie, you surprised me a little bit. I knew you were pretty good, but at the end of the day I kept having to tell myself "He's actually good, so don't get grabbed" multiple times. Good stuff, and don't feel bad about losing to Arkansas...we're actually not too bad ;)

Zivilyn Bane- Most improved player in MO IMO since the last time I ran the gauntlet down there. Good stuff, and I can honestly say I saw you getting better match after match. It was kinda frustrating to have to think of new approaches and ways to get in on you each match lol. Keep improving man!

Dart- You're like the comeback champion. I was feeling pretty good at first, but you have this thing that when the pressure is on you play like an absolute boss. It does make me happy to know that you were a little nervous, but you hide it so well. The beads of sweat on my forehead kinda gave me away I suppose, lol. Good stuff, don't sweat losing to Iori. The man is amazing at the game. Just not with sheik.

Wretched- Sorry we didn't play, but I did see you pulling some techy stuff off in friendlies. Nice to actually meet you.

Terry- You've gotten alot better bro. Keep improving, and I look forward to playing you again. Glad that you enjoyed getting to play me and sit in my lap ;)

Jace- Your falcon is so fun to fight man! Our friendlies are always so much fun, and I think your punish game might be the best I've played against with falcon. Soooo on point with those gimps. Maybe if I grease up enough next time I can slide on you. And I noticed at the end of the day your platform work was looking a little slicker yourself :)

Myztek- You've gotten so much better. I was hoping that you would go fox after I won on dreamland, but you didn't. And you knew my weakness, and exploited it to perfection. Good stuff, props for beating me. We always have close matches.

Tron- Your falco is so hard to hit. How is ganon supposed to get to you through all those lasers??

Terral- Powershield charge shot MM next time? Keep working on that game, looks promising bro.

King Siegfried- You had me worried that first match man. After I adjusted and became more patient, I felt alot better about the second game. But your Nair pressure is so on point, mucho impressive. Just get a little more patient and you'll be the next Armada dude.

ACE- I wish you played in tournament like you did in friendlies when we first got there :(

Good games to everyone!

Bill_Cosby

Smash Rookie
Iori - That hat was and still is too much for me, good work on first.

Dart - Interesting Marth play style. Fun ride up and back, your master hand mind games were intense.

ihavespaceballs - I don't watch much smash videos or do any research so watching you really helped out my Samus. Watching you do a grapple into wall jump was mind boggling to me since it is so simple, and I even used it once in a tournament match there. Keep pushing that Samus! Loved your shirt too.

Jace - You pwned me in singles pools and in Project M, some intense manly matches.

Zivilyn Bane - Good seeing you again even if we didn't play each other.

Strang Bod - huehuehue

Zantetsu - Edit - Nevermind, we did play, you just destroyed me so fast I almost forgot.

Smooth - This guy. Lawdy this guy.

Cookiemonsta - I really liked yours and Siegfried's teams name.

Terral - Your Pikachu is all spinin' super fast, keep up the work.

poopydungman - Good teams set and excellent name.

Shinobi - Your fox is too much for me, keep improving!

Bert - Good games and thanks for the ride brochacho, can't believe we fit so many people in there.

Gaston - I hope your body is ready for 24/7 smash training.

King Siegfried - Nice to finally meet you, I've heard a lot.

Riio - Fun ride up and back, hope it was a great tourney for your first.

Terry - You discarded the Jigglypuff and now it will haunt you forever!

Goat - Keep raising your power level!

Fishburne - They didn't catch out team name: BillBurne. Good times seeing you, we need to hang out more.

Bill Cosby - I enjoy your puddin pops.

Sinister - Good matches, need to work on your Young Link.

Everyone I didn't list: I either didn't get to play you or you didn't take your clothes off enough. Thanks to everyone that showed up.

Jace08

Smash Lord
Didn't get a shoutout from Bert, Jace, or Strong Bad... :[
my bad wretched! yeah ziv is correct I just copied and pasted. Hmm and now I'm just realizing we didn't play at all, not even in teams! I'll be sure and find you next time for some friendlies

If I remember correctly, they were not recorded. And I want to say it went to game 3.

Edit: I was wrong. Sorry Arby!
well at a previous pathways arby did take a game off me in tourney, so that could be what you were thinking of

>Bert<

Smash Ace
Midwest Falcon's are too good.

I gotta say, if its any region I live in, I'm glad it's this one. We've got so many chill people.

Wretched - sorry for no shoutouts, but good games in teams and beautiful hair!

Zantetsu

Smash Master
Better late than never:

The tournament was a lot of fun, but I have to say that the room we were in wasn't large enough. If we have to do this again, we should see if we can use the neighboring rooms. I'm somewhat claustrophobic so it was hard to chill in that room to watch matches. I'm also confused as to why we had more TV's than cubes. Were most of the TV's part of the church? If not, who were the people who brought only TV's and why? Either way, for as late as the tournament started, it was ran very well, so props to Michael for that. As for shoutouts..

Iori, Dart!, ihavespaceballs: I'm disapointed that I couldn't get friendlies in with you 3. As mentioned above, the tight space of the room and the low amount of TV's made it hard for me to even enjoy friendlies, let alone ask to play them. Hopefully you all can come back to Springfield for another Pathways and we can fight then. If not, I'm sure most of you will be at FC so there's always that. Congrats on placing.
Jace: We had some fun pools matches. Your Falcon never fails to surprise me. Too good.
VTS: I need to learn the IC's matchup. I kind of just try and get rid of Nana when possible and go for gimps. WHAT DO?!
Myztek: Wait, you were at this tournament? I didn't even know. Should have brought my 64 for some friendlies like at MIST.
G. Vice: I called it before the tournament started, you can even ask Ziv. I knew I would get to you in losers and lose. Good stuff, rep that Ganon.
Zivilyn Bane: Good job with the tournament. When FC comes around, we'll be da best.
Tron: Who are you?
Zantetsu: W00p.
Cookiemonsta: Thankfully I didn't run into you in bracket, but why are you 13th? You should have placed 9th or higher. Oh well, brackets are broken anyway. See you next Pathways?
The March Hare: Odd playstyle, but good games.
Terral: THAT PIKA!
Bert: I'm glad to hear about your progression. You also surprised me with that Falcon. Once you get your flow started, you remind me a lot of Jace. Keep it up!
Gaston: Luigi is such an odd character, you've got balls for taking him seriously. My suggestion for him against spacies is downsmash. I saw this one european player compete with Luigi and he was juggling spacies with downsmash all day and taking them out with a dair afterwards. If I knew the player's name I would tell you, but I just don't remember. Good games though.
King Siegfried: Fun times with you and Daniel. I hope to see you next month. You shouldn't have placed 17th, by the way.
Terry: You shouldn't have got 17th. There's always next tournament.
Daniel the Seraph: Fun times with you and Siegfried. Hope to see you next month. Place better as well, I know you can.
Bill Cosby: Samus is so fun. Unlike me, who tried her and then realized that my multiple years with Fox was significantly better, stick with her. If I could play any character at a pro level, it would probably be Samus. She may not have too much going for her, but her movement abilities are just too good.

Dart!

Smash Master
If I may, that match up is further than the southern hemisphere. I would like to add that since we only played one match you can't concur anything. It would've definitely been a close set thought, that I can guarantee.

Oh ok. Looks like i'll have to actually practice against Doc then. :)

yeah, the vids are already up. I was watching them yesterday with weon-x.

Since we hadn't heard anything about him for a while we assumed that he hadn't been playing

You haven't been playing much either? What happened?

:phone:
Real life happened. I work 40+ hours a week. I barely managed to make it to this tournament. I was even late for work when i got back :/

Top Bottom