• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pe... er Yoshi Critique Thread

Metatitan

Smash Master
The goal of this thread is for the community to critique other peaches yoshies on gameplay by watching videos of that peach yoshi player. Hopefully this thread will allow peach yoshi players to become better and result in possibly more top peach yoshi mains.

How to be Critiqued:
-Post a video that you want to be critiqued and hopefully people will.... critique it xD
-Please be patient, critique will be first come first serve
-Please do not take anything to offense and try not to argue, you posted it so you're the one asking what is wrong with your peach yoshi. Feel free to ask about a specific issue that confuses you (say they told you some advice that doesn't make sense for instance)

How to Critique:
-Please address every problem the peach yoshi main has, but please give true advice (we don't want to screw anyone up more than they are >_>)
-Please be empathetic, many of us know we suck and don't need a constant reminder
-To the top peach yoshi mains, critique from you guys is extremely valued so thank you for your time :)

Drama SHOULD NOT be tolerated in this thread. Please do not bring personal conflict into this thread, this is for the benefit of the community.

The priority list means anyone critiquing should attend to the people at the top. Consider it rude to not do so. I will cross out (and eventually delete) the names of people who have been satisfied with the critique.

To Be Critiqued:

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Erm, well , lemme go first since I just happened to stumble upon this match of me vs. Rookie when I went to play at Pierce's place.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPop088dpYU

That was pretty much my first legit match on RC. Also, I realized I made silly mistakes that got me utterly *****, it shouldn't happen ever again, considering I was avoiding it well at the first loop. @_@

Silent Beast

Smash Journeyman
Erm, well , lemme go first since I just happened to stumble upon this match of me vs. Rookie when I went to play at Pierce's place.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPop088dpYU

That was pretty much my first legit match on RC. Also, I realized I made silly mistakes that got me utterly *****, it shouldn't happen ever again, considering I was avoiding it well at the first loop. @_@
I'm gonna try to give a critique, but before I do, I just gotta say I laughed really hard when I saw "718R00kie (D3) vs Yoshi."

Silent Beast

Smash Journeyman
Hm, so he does.

Alright, critique:

1:21 Perfect upsmash opportunity if you were waiting for the roll. Unfortunately, it seems that you had wanted to fall through the platform to DJ back up and punish his reaction, and since you accidentally crouched, you were too preoccupied with trying to drop through the platform to wait for his reaction from the platform.

2:04 I like down-B better than dsmash in that situation. The stars tend to shield stab, and if it hits, you can get a kill.

2:44 Tried to punish AD after up tilt with fair. Charged upsmash more reliable.

3:29ish I think you could have sneaked a dash grab in after he ran up to the wall because he wasn't really focused on defense (trying to throw waddle dees) and because when he was playing defensively against eggs, he'd primarily been shielding. Get a dash grab, GR, possibly catch him with nair for a kill.

3:31 Right idea to punish AD, but fsmash too slow to capitalize. Maybe dsmash hits.

3:34 Would have been a good spot to fsmash, since dair lags and fsmash pulls back a bit to avoid the hit (though the dair barely missed you anyway).

4:00 Fsmash was a bad choice. Fortunately, he was facing the left side of the stage.

4:09 Obviously, the upsmash was horrifically unsafe, and you were punished with your life, but I'll take your word that it won't happen again, since you're clearly capable of playing more safely, as you showed on the first loop (as you said), and you'll get more familiar with the stage.

Hope this helped, even a little. Good luck at Viridian.

chimpact

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0361-7166-1377
Hm, so he does.

Alright, critique:

1:21 Perfect upsmash opportunity if you were waiting for the roll. Unfortunately, it seems that you had wanted to fall through the platform to DJ back up and punish his reaction, and since you accidentally crouched, you were too preoccupied with trying to drop through the platform to wait for his reaction from the platform.

2:04 I like down-B better than dsmash in that situation. The stars tend to shield stab, and if it hits, you can get a kill.

3:29ish I think you could have sneaked a dash grab in after he ran up to the wall because he wasn't really focused on defense (trying to throw waddle dees) and because when he was playing defensively against eggs, he'd primarily been shielding. Get a dash grab, GR, possibly catch him with nair for a kill.

3:31 Right idea to punish AD, but fsmash too slow to capitalize. Maybe dsmash hits.

3:34 Would have been a good spot to fsmash, since dair lags and fsmash pulls back a bit to avoid the hit (though the dair barely missed you anyway).

4:00 Fsmash was a bad choice. Fortunately, he was facing the left side of the stage.

4:09 Obviously, the upsmash was horrifically unsafe, and you were punished with your life, but I'll take your word that it won't happen again, since you're clearly capable of playing more safely, as you showed on the first loop (as you said), and you'll get more familiar with the stage.

This is how you critique sons!

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Personally, I thought he was going to AD away from me, but I guess utilt's knockback doesn't really allow that. I'll keep that in mind next time.
Does the grab really reach him when he's below me like that? I don't think it would.

I panicked a bit. >_>''

Hehe, thanks. XD

Silent Beast

Smash Journeyman
Personally, I thought he was going to AD away from me, but I guess utilt's knockback doesn't really allow that. I'll keep that in mind next time.
DDD's also the slowest character in the air, so there really isn't anywhere for him to go.

Does the grab really reach him when he's below me like that? I don't think it would.
His head's sticking up.

hadesblade

Smash Lord
Here's a wifi(yes wifi XD, I get an offline tourney on the 29th hopefully I can record a few matches there.) ladder set I played with mjg. I'm finally posting some videos and it probably won't happen for a while, so criticize me and help me with this matchup because I really have trouble with toon link, and I shouldn't of won the set.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbjwvja2KxI&
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGl6SFS4I14&
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=naQ0I8WRNrY&

No one would critique in the video thread... so I'll try posting here.

bigman40

Smash Master
For me to critique someone, I highly stress that you get offline matches. I severely can't stand doing Wifi matches as I won't be grading what you can do through lag. Everything that I would indicate will be offline based.

....Zuzuzu....

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Im not critiquing you because u didnt upload the vids.
For me to critique someone, I highly stress that you get offline matches. I severely can't stand doing Wifi matches as I won't be grading what you can do through lag. Everything that I would indicate will be offline based.

....Zuzuzu....
Would either of you two mind looking at my match? It is offline. I'd appreciate a critique from as many people as possible, honestly. =D

D

Deleted member

Delta:
Egg lay i saw around 20 easy egg lays which consequently would have made u harder to read, and also free damage.
You didnt use it you should.
Some of your egging was unsafe a little, and you should bait more, like just land and wait for his move, you played kinda straight foward, tho u did a pretty good job.

WHY THE **** DID YOU RUNNING UPSMASH A DDD IN NEUTRAL POSITION YOU IDIOT!!!!!
Also, stop usmashing shields.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Delta:
Egg lay i saw around 20 easy egg lays which consequently would have made u harder to read, and also free damage.
You didnt use it you should.
Some of your egging was unsafe a little, and you should bait more, like just land and wait for his move, you played kinda straight foward, tho u did a pretty good job.

WHY THE **** DID YOU RUNNING UPSMASH A DDD IN NEUTRAL POSITION YOU IDIOT!!!!!
Also, stop usmashing shields.
I'm working on getting egg lay into my game. It still feels awkward for me to use in an actual match, so I don't really use it very often. @_@

AND I DON'T KNOW! IT WAS A MOMENT OF WEAKNESS. T_T

YoshiIslander77z

Smash Apprentice
thats almost exatly what i said to u in chat, and ur approaches are readable if ur far away ur gonna short hop bair or dash grab if ur close ur either gonna nair or bair that leaves 2 choices on ur position so get egg lay in thier some fancy short hop airdoges and other stuff like rising nair occisionally dair( beware of some characters)

CelestialMarauder~

Smash Ace
Do you guys critique wifi? I'd get some online matches but i know no brawl players close to me and never been to a tourney *mom johns.* I can always randomly show up at deltas house and brawl him, but thats like a 40 minute drive that i can't do w/o a license lol

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
None of us really like to critique WiFi because it can be very different from offline play. There really wouldn't be an in depth critique of WiFi, though it can be used to point out GLARING flaws in your style.

And if you show up randomly, I swear Imma freak. XD

CelestialMarauder~

Smash Ace
I can point out my own huge flaws so i guess theres no need for a critique then :/

And since i don't want anyone to freak don't look outside *walks home*

Top Bottom