• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Peach+ Get Pimpslapped!

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
-Peach dair last two hitboxes 120 to 80 growth
-Peach Fair 80 growth from 68
-Peach Downsmash 50 base from 38 and 7 damage from 5

From the nightly build changelog.

crazycrackers

Smash Journeyman
I've talked to cape/shanus and the fair buff is being removed because it was totally unneccesary (fair already rocked, so did peach). Dsmash and dair are keeping their improvements I believe

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
Sorry to reask but what exactly got buffed in Peach's Fair?
Hmm perhaps we could trade the Fair buff for something else :D

On the match ups... I don't know yet, I just got this stuff two days ago :x
No.

The buff wasn't needed, so we're just flat out removing it. Peach already received several other buffs to make her a very solid character. Besides, you already have fair -> grab on block as a result of universal changes in brawl+ ._.

crazycrackers

Smash Journeyman
No.

The buff wasn't needed, so we're just flat out removing it. Peach already received several other buffs to make her a very solid character. Besides, you already have fair -> grab on block as a result of universal changes in brawl+ ._.
I wasn't sure about this but...does that actually completely work because she has such a frame advantage 0_o :D

crazycrackers

Smash Journeyman
If she had a +2 advantage in vbrawl, she will have a monstrous advantage in brawl+. I only hope that it won't enable her to shieldbreak combo with the move.
thats what I thought...its really cool. But shieldbreak combo with fair? The only thing I could think of that could do this is nair pillaring, which I don't think will work. I also think she has a noticable frame advantage after SH dair. Basically, Peach ***** shields.

Yingyay

Smash Ace
If she had a +2 advantage in vbrawl, she will have a monstrous advantage in brawl+. I only hope that it won't enable her to shieldbreak combo with the move.
That would take some pretty tight timing. SH-float Fair-drop-jab-SH-float fair-drop-jab. Someting like that anyway.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
I don't know about SH'd, but Dair's FA in Brawl is -8.

lemme get the whole stats.

Dair:
First hits on frame 12
Landing lag: 9
Hit lag: 6
Shield stun: 7
Advantage: -8

^This is Brawl

crazycrackers

Smash Journeyman
Ya in brawl+ its completely different. SH dair has no lag and you reach the floor basically immediately after the last kick because of the increased gravity. Plus theres added shieldstun+less lag for dair. I'm still in love with this frame advantage on fair. <3 fair on shield>grab

EDIT: whoah, thanks for editting your post with that frame data dekuu ^_^

kupo15

Smash Hero
Whats wrong with shield breaks? IMO, skilled shield breaking adds a little bit of depth to the game and excitement. Overdoing it is of course bad

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
What does everyone consider Peach's bad matchups to be here? We should really start this discussion more.

MK, Marth, GW, TL?
MK - 40-60, it seems.
Marth - ... Everyone says someone different. For me, it isn't worse than a 45-55 but there are probably tons of people who will kill me for saying that, so I guess 40-60 >_>
Toon Link - I dont think this one is a bad match-up, just even. But I'm unexperienced with Toon Link, so I dont really know.

I think Peach has really good match-ups.
She's good enough as she is, she won't need more buffs.

crazycrackers

Smash Journeyman
Ya I put TL on that list because I've heard that hes bad for Peach but I feel the same way you do. Everyone please post their opinions on what Peach's bad matchups are. The only ones I was able to think of in + were MK, Marth, GW, TL...mabey Luigi? I just hate fighting Luigi though so mabey its just me. Also, I heard someone say that Pika, Ganon, Falcon, and Fox were also bad matchups. Although, I completely disagree. Peach either has even matchups or advantageous matchups with those 4 except for Pika. Pika is even imo.

And ya, Peach has really good matchups.

Roxas215

Smash Lord
Sry for not updating the 1st post i;ve been so busy lately and i haven't been playing brawl+ for the past month since my sd slot is broken. I should be getting that fixed tomorrow and im going to btl this weekend. Hopefully i get some peach vids.

I was the one that said pika ***** peach. But i just went against another pika and the matchup was about even. Ninjalink is just WAY better then me so i shouldn't of made that my 1st opinion on the matchup.

crazycrackers

Smash Journeyman
@ Phillyrider, I was actually talking about someone else who said ALL of those matchups were bad and I was like "what?".

Also, I'm starting to think Luigi isn't as bad as I thought.

crazycrackers

Smash Journeyman
On another note, does anyone actually think Peach's fair buff needs to be removed? When I heard about it I didn't think it should be added but now that I've actually played with it.....well, its not even that big of a difference really. If its like this then why not just keep it?

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Because you didnt need it as it buffed an area that was in no need of help. Fair was **** prior so why buff a **** move?

Thats just my view on it. That's like buffing Marth fair or MK dsmash. <_<

slikvik

Smash Master
**** MD/VA. I have no region. no really...
Peachs toad should have less cooldown when the spores are released. A lot of the time there is no other option but to use it while recovering, but I usually end up dying because it takes so long to recover combined with the increased fall speed. Ryokos earlier post about buffing her jump slightly to compensate for the extra falling speed makes sense to me

You should of seen the peach at Apex. LOL.
*flexes*

i was ******

crazycrackers

Smash Journeyman
Because you didnt need it as it buffed an area that was in no need of help. Fair was **** prior so why buff a **** move?

Thats just my view on it. That's like buffing Marth fair or MK dsmash. <_<
ya, but it barely changed anything. Although you have a point. imho, it seemed unneccesary to add but also unneccesary to take out since its not doing much. Still, it seems logical to remove it. Less ending lag on toad would be nice though. W/E, enough discussing changes...I won't miss the fair buff if/when its taken out though

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
I'll make your short story long :D

Nair
Pros :)
- Comes out really quickly.
- Zero lag when auto-cancelled.
- Hitbox lasts long.
- Amazing for edgeguarding.
- Good kill move, especially when edgeguarding.
- Good combo move
- Pillaring is fun and effective.
- Very hard to punish when auto-cancelled well.
- Great-GTFO-me move
- Can eat shields

Cons :(
- Small hitbox.

Fair
- Great kill move, her most reliable one, especially since it doesnt stale anymore!
- Very little to no lag when auto-cancelled
- Nice hitbox.
- Okay for edgeguarding.

- Slow start-up.

Bair

- Comes out quickly.
- Zero lag when auto cancelled.
- Nice hitbox too.
- Great for edgeguarding.
- Good combo move.
- Has a strong and weak hitbox: the strong one can be used for killing and edgeguarding, the weak one for combo's (Bair > Ftilt is an example)
- Great fot spacing.
- Very hard to punish, especially when auto-cancelled well.

I cant think of any. If you can, tell.

Uair
- Good hitstun
- Excellent for juggling and comboing.
- Pretty quick
- Can kill well if you're close to the upper ceiling.

- Awful edgeguarding move.
- It's pretty bad when close to the ground or when floating close the the ground, especially compared to her other aerials.

Dair
- Fast and lasts long
- Too good for combo's
- Too good combo starter]
- Very hard to punish
- Good GTFO move
- Wrecks shields

- ... You cant kill with it? Though that's not really a con, since it isn't meant for killing.
- Can be SDI'ed at certain %.

TLMSheikant

Smash Master
^
- ... You cant kill with it? Though that's not really a con, since it isn't meant for KILLING

Fixed for ya. Peach is awesome in brawl+. I <3 her new dsmash.

crazycrackers

Smash Journeyman
its not that I feel like I'm being totally taken advantage of (because of like a horrible matchup or something) since the matchup is either 40-60 pika or even, its just that pika is sooooo annooooying. >.<

Top Bottom