• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Peach is so tough to play as x.x

DiasFlac

Smash Journeyman
I've been playing as Peach the whole day today and I've haven't won many games online. I've been playing very defensive since I believe its the best way to play Peach.

I pretty much. Draw a turnip, throw it, roll/run away and repeat till they get high damage. I also try and get some other attacks in if I see the chance to.

I've gotten many players % up to about 200% and they still haven't died. It seems they really did a number on nerfing Peach.

Because she is so under used now she is much fun to play as but it still annoys me how hard it is to actually win as her.

Any suggestions Peach Mainers/players? :confused:

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Yeah, learn some killing moves. lol

nair, fair, bair, uair, fsmash all kill. Hell, at 200% even the dair will kill.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
She may have lost her good midair jump, but her recovery is still great. Also, keep note that her u-smash can take out most fighters before they reach 150% damage.

rm88

Smash Ace
NNID
Rm88Go
3DS FC
5241-1973-5614
I pretty much. Draw a turnip, throw it, roll/run away and repeat till they get high damage.
And you can't win? O.o Unbelievable!

Darkprophet

Smash Rookie
You gotta mix up the moves a bit too. Spamming the same move causes it to weaken in power, meaning it's gonna take you longer to get to the kill number. Turnips are great, and, I use a lot of them, but, some of peach's other moves are great for racking up damage, and pushing the opponent away to pull more turnips to hit them with.

I love Peach's running A. 2 hits in Brawl instead of 1, alright damage, and great knock back. Usually this clears me up to get another Turnip ready to be launched.

forewardB is a great attack, and has increased range and speed (from what I notice at least) from Melee, and, is now a great attack to use. I've played many Peach players online on the "with anyone" that were pretty good, but, none of them seemed to see the light on this move. I've had many, MANY instances of people dodge rolling away from a neutral A or a fair or nair, only to eat Peach's hip at the end of their dodge roll.

Peach's aerial game is great, and, I love opponents who try to abuse air moves. bair, fair, nair, and uair are all good kill moves, and dair is good for racking up damage, and, can kill at high percents.

if I'm wrong on any of this, let me know. tho, this is from my personal Brawl experience against Peach, and using Peach.

- DP

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
Maybe you should do something else?

Try pretty much any move other than turnip sometimes too. Rumor has it that Peach can do other things too.

Mikey Lenetia

Smash Champion
NNID
MikeyLenetia
Playing online is also where the problem arises. I've noticed that any sort of lag whatsoever hurts Peach's playstyle quite a bit. It's caused me to struggle in matches I'm more than certain I should have been able to properly handle.

.:~*Momo*~:.

Smash Ace
I won my first online match and I was playing Peach. =P Though I guess my opponents' skills should be considered. ^^;

BentoBox

Smash Master
In short, Peach was nerfed because turnips can't kill at 200%. It all makes sense now.

@Mikey: Play ppl around your area, my matches have been running pretty smoothly lately.

RedMage8BT

Smash Lord
Playing online is also where the problem arises. I've noticed that any sort of lag whatsoever hurts Peach's playstyle quite a bit. It's caused me to struggle in matches I'm more than certain I should have been able to properly handle.
Same here, although I only sometimes have that problem.

I won my first online match, but I was Zelda. Zelda is even tougher to use online.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
There are other ways to KO foes than just with turnips though.
lol, he was joking. It'd be pretty funny if Peach could only KO with turnips, but they'd have to make every turnip a stitchface in power just to balance it if they decided to take away that much from the rest of her moveset. >_>

As it is, I can't think of more than two attacks and all of her throws that don't have a reasonable amount of power to KO with.

omega17

Smash Cadet
This is true because you need to sweetspot with mst of Peach's kill moves and that is hard to do with a little input lag.

Leahdybug

Smash Journeyman
The more I stuck with peach the better I started to get. I have a hard time with a group of players that were heavy hitters suddenly it was a game of bounce the peach but also ive been ganged up on because I started to time my moves better. If your a decent peach I'd like to play you.Im not half as great anymore but I learn alot from fellow peach players always switching up there style and putting on pressure XD. That goes to anyone.

FadingWings

Smash Cadet
Ganging is a problem when i play peach,especially when 2 pits are spamming arrows and your in the middle >__>;; my friends are the cheapest.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Randomness and spacing is how I do it. Dont do the same thing all the time. From what you said, your making it hard to win.You do the same thing all the time. switch it up. Up-out of shield. Shield to reverse dash grabs. attack out of shields. Turnip to a grab or downtilt. I can go on forever with this man

Play smart, learn how to scare your enemy, dont do the same thing all the time and space yourself well.

Vice Lord

Smash Apprentice
Scarborough, Ontario (Scarberian barbarians)
My main characters are Marth/Wolf/Peach. Playing against good opponents online i've been able to keep up with them using all three, you should be able to as well, once you get a proper feeling for peach. As other people have said Fair, Nair, Bair, Upsmash, Forward smash etc. kill. Personally i find Upsmash a good early kill tactic at about 130-160. Overal though forward air is the most reliable. Don't be afraid to float off the stage with an arial after the opponent.

As for building up damage, don't always stay defensive, peach has so many approaches and strategies.

-upsmash outprioritises many aerials, even links dair
-downsmash roll happy/spotdodge happy players
-Floating at head level and waving back and forth doing dairs to bait an attack, punished by a Fair
-AA combo into short hopped nair
-short hop throw turnip -> float Fair (this will recatch your turnip if they shielded) then grab or f-smash
-Side B is sorta useful now
-Float above them with turnip, Z-drop it, fall with a dair into Downsmash.

there are many more, but these are what i could think of off the top of your face. So i hope they helped you out.

randomae

Smash Cadet
I find that if the opponent has 100 percent and you peach bomber them it flings them off the stage and down a bit. if you catch them off gaurd they sometimes kill themselves or you could chase them with a turnip. im working on using a turnip evertime someone gets remotely close to falling all the way off.

peachfvl

Smash Apprentice
im used to play peach as in melee but now Im just playing more defensive and its working

for killing im using fsmash,up smash,fair and uair

but if u want to scare the hell out of them just spam all taunts u have specially the side one

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
im used to play peach as in melee but now Im just playing more defensive and its working

for killing im using fsmash,up smash,fair and uair

but if u want to scare the hell out of them just spam all taunts u have specially the side one
Peach's side taunt sure is quite amusing, but can also be annoying when you're fighting against her.

Nasanieru

Smash Journeyman
Thats what I was thinking when I first started. In Brawl you have to be more defensive compared to Melee. Try not to use your killing attacks often until they are at a killing %, it gets hard to kill with Peach when those are stale. Just don't get predictable with your approaches if you want to land a descent amount of damage. Toad is **** against characters like Ike, Ganondorf, etc. Once you can recognize the starting animations of their attacks let Toad do his job, he didn't get enough screen time in Melee. Recycle your turnips when possible also, no need to repick when you can catch. Space accordingly depending on your opponent and be observant, knowing your enemy is the first step to victory.

^ ^ yeah the side taunt is epic mindgames haha, some people get really mad when you use it alot.

You know what they say, at the center of every Peach, there's a Pit.
I have to admit, that one was pretty good :psycho: you deserve an award

mcnichoj

Smash Apprentice
I use Dsmash to get them in the air and then either if they are at low percent I use bair to knock 'em away from the stage or if they are at high then I use fair to wack them off the screen.
She was taken down a bit from Melee, but she is still a good character.

diabetic_yoshi

Smash Apprentice
Well if you're playing online and FFA, I find that Peach is better for 1 on 1 fights. Her keepaway in multi has been toned way down since Melee with the loss of her dsmash and effective turnips. For me to win with her nowadays I have to concentrate on a single opponent and rack up considerable damage first.

Insomniac487

Smash Cadet
gotton players up to 200% and can't kill them? at 110-160 ish (depending on the character's weight), and how close you are to the edge of the stage... you can kill them way too easily. Use her Fair a lot more often, its one of her really powerful attacks with some serious knockback!

1. jump into Fair
2. jump and immediatly hold down so your floating just a bit above the ground... move towards opponent, and Fair

try not to do this in the middle of the stage, but at the edge of the stage, facing the side. trust me, opponents get KO'd soo easily like this. its ridiculous. Hope that helps :)

SQKIsiggy

Smash Cadet
im not too sure, but i think it may diminish if u whiff

i could kill a ddd with fair at around 70-80% once (pretty amazing when i think about it), yet in other matches, i know ive seen fairs that dont kill at over 100, after me using the fair a couple times missing and or hitting other times

see this quick clip for the ddd kill
http://youtube.com/watch?v=8JvGFEXd_a4

arwnightmare

Smash Cadet
You gotta mix up the moves a bit too. Spamming the same move causes it to weaken in power, meaning it's gonna take you longer to get to the kill number. Turnips are great, and, I use a lot of them, but, some of peach's other moves are great for racking up damage, and pushing the opponent away to pull more turnips to hit them with.

I love Peach's running A. 2 hits in Brawl instead of 1, alright damage, and great knock back. Usually this clears me up to get another Turnip ready to be launched.

forewardB is a great attack, and has increased range and speed (from what I notice at least) from Melee, and, is now a great attack to use. I've played many Peach players online on the "with anyone" that were pretty good, but, none of them seemed to see the light on this move. I've had many, MANY instances of people dodge rolling away from a neutral A or a fair or nair, only to eat Peach's hip at the end of their dodge roll.

Peach's aerial game is great, and, I love opponents who try to abuse air moves. bair, fair, nair, and uair are all good kill moves, and dair is good for racking up damage, and, can kill at high percents.

if I'm wrong on any of this, let me know. tho, this is from my personal Brawl experience against Peach, and using Peach.

- DP

peach's d smash is very good for ppl who like to linger around by u and close combat..its quick and it throws far..use it alot but not reckless cuz ul b left open..also peach down throw after grabbing is a nice thing to do for close ppl

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I always diminish F-air too, it's a shame because its such a good kill move. But that move has incredible range, I need to use it a lot.
Yeah I tend to use that f-air too much myself. And it's not just that move, I end up using the u-smash frequently because of its ridiculous killing power.

Mokai

Smash Apprentice
I've gotta admit it; I love the floaty characters, but Peach I just can't seem to figure out too well. I've got a heck of a lot of respect for those of you out there who know how to work her well. :)

rmporter35

Smash Cadet
I find her difficult to use... It should just be a matter of practice and getting a feel of her range... I play a guy who uses Peach, but mostly uses the radishes and floats...

Top Bottom