• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Peach Social Thread: Royal Discussions

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
You roll and side step way too much. I would bait those out of you and punish you for it. You need to stop panicing to that so much.

Awesomecakes

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Stef-Pie
3DS FC
3093-7191-2175
GGs. lol I dunno why but it always seemed to lag more when I was Peach
You do have a lot of spot-dodge and roll habits. Its pretty easy to cover with Peach's Dair. What I like to do as zelda for certain incoming aerials and such is to Up-B on the spot. You can kinda use it like a spot-dodge that hits hard after. Also you airdodge waay too much. If you noticed as peach I could down throw to up smash pretty consistently because of it, and bait it out and Fair etc... When you land as zelda in general you want to fast-fall Nair, don't be tempted to use Up-B or airdodge into the ground.

Though you do have some nice comboes that I didn't know about, like I think it was D-tilt, jab, grab? or d-tilt jab Fair? Stealing. I've been kinda training zelda as a secondary since i used her in brawl a bunch, but you know the character better.

Last edited:

Salad Bowl

Banned via Warnings
NNID
SaladBowl41
GGs. lol I dunno why but it always seemed to lag more when I was Peach
You do have a lot of spot-dodge and roll habits. Its pretty easy to cover with Peach's Dair. What I like to do as zelda for certain incoming aerials and such is to Up-B on the spot. You can kinda use it like a spot-dodge that hits hard after. Also you airdodge waay too much. If you noticed as peach I could down throw to up smash pretty consistently because of it, and bait it out and Fair etc... When you land as zelda in general you want to fast-fall Nair, don't be tempted to use Up-B or airdodge into the ground.

Though you do have some nice comboes that I didn't know about, like I think it was D-tilt, jab, grab? or d-tilt jab Fair? Stealing. I've been kinda training zelda as a secondary, but you know the character better.
Hahaha well it's dtilt>jab>grab/dash/fair. Okay oh my jigglypuff sing spam hahah the sleeping effect actually lasts pretty long this game so it's useful

Awesomecakes

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Stef-Pie
3DS FC
3093-7191-2175
Hahaha well it's dtilt>jab>grab/dash/fair. Okay oh my jigglypuff sing spam hahah the sleeping effect actually lasts pretty long this game so it's useful
i grinded out the peach-jiggs matchup pretty early on, so I don't tend to get caught in that stuff. Also I got super lucky with Stitch faces =D. Though you caught my zelda a lot with that =S.

I can also see how you got into the habit of spot-dodge, as jiggs you spot-dodge > rest. But you spotdodge enough that experienced players are gonna see it coming. my zelda fell for it, but i don't think my peach ever would. I would say get out of the habit, because its hurting your game overall. like don't spotdodge so much. its good on jiggs because you get the hard punish. But the habit is showing in your zelda game I mean.

Last edited:

Salad Bowl

Banned via Warnings
NNID
SaladBowl41
i grinded out the peach-jiggs matchup pretty early on, so I don't tend to get caught in that stuff. Also I got super lucky with Stitch faces =D. Though you caught my zelda a lot with that =S.

I can also see how you got into the habit of spot-dodge, as jiggs you spot-dodge > rest. But you spotdodge enough that experienced players are gonna see it coming. my zelda fell for it, but i don't think my peach ever would. I would say get out of the habit, because its hurting your game overall. like don't spotdodge so much. its good on jiggs because you get the hard punish. But the habit is showing in your zelda game I mean.
Thanks I'll try to air dodge less. Everytime I land a sing my self confidence goes up. It's good for reading rolls of impatient chracters like little Mac, greninja, and diddy. Peachs dair is a problem for zelda since zelda doesn't really have anything for it.

Awesomecakes

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Stef-Pie
3DS FC
3093-7191-2175
Thanks I'll try to air dodge less. Everytime I land a sing my self confidence goes up. It's good for reading rolls of impatient chracters like little Mac, greninja, and diddy. Peachs dair is a problem for zelda since zelda doesn't really have anything for it.
The best way to deal with Peach's Dair is to intercept it. With Zelda this would be Nair whenever I try to jump. Basically once I get in with it there isn't a whole lot you can do if I play correctly. Like if you stay in shield I can keep Dairing, if you try for a punish i can float out of the way and get a hard punish on you, if you roll I can cover it or force you to the ledge. Also with zelda the initial hit of up B might reach but I'm not sure. you might be able to up-B to safety.

Salad Bowl

Banned via Warnings
NNID
SaladBowl41
The best way to deal with Peach's Dair is to intercept it. With Zelda this would be Nair whenever I try to jump. Basically once I get in with it there isn't a whole lot you can do if I play correctly. Like if you stay in shield I can keep Dairing, if you try for a punish i can float out of the way and get a hard punish on you, if you roll I can cover it or force you to the ledge. Also with zelda the initial hit of up B might reach but I'm not sure. you might be able to up-B to safety.
Oh really? That helps thanks

Radirgy

Smash Apprentice
I don't play peach but I've pulled her out a few times when training amiibo's and you know what she is fun as hell to use. I might need to look into it further.

Nabbitnator

Smash Ace
NNID
Nabbitz
Is there a certain percentage that you need to pull a stitch face or bom-bomb? I managed to pick up two stitch faces, start off one match with a bomb and got 2 more within the same match.

Radirgy

Smash Apprentice
It's luck based isn't it? The game even tells you the odds of pulling a bob-omb.

Nabbitnator

Smash Ace
NNID
Nabbitz
Not sure if its luck based since I seem to get a bom-bomb almost every match.

TheBlossomingLily

Stitchface King
NNID
BlossomingLily
3DS FC
1736-0702-8981
Not sure if its luck based since I seem to get a bom-bomb almost every match.
It's luck-based; Peach just happens to have an even higher chance of getting "The Awesome Goodies" in Smash 4 compared to Melee and Brawl. Which is most likely the reason for nerfing the Stitchface Turnip's KO power.

Nabbitnator

Smash Ace
NNID
Nabbitz
I might have gotten extremely lucky today but I've been getting them just about every match. I should try the lottery while this lasts lol.

Edit: So this stream will be having a tournaments. I will be running them off stream on challenge when they happen and I thought it would be a nice way for fellow peach players who cant get out and rep her to rep her online. If you would like insight to the basics of smash if you are new or something you'd like to work on Chaos can help you.

http://www.twitch.tv/chaos_underscore

Last edited:

Awesomecakes

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Stef-Pie
3DS FC
3093-7191-2175
Thanks @ Dark.Pch Dark.Pch Tried watching it earlier but it said it was blocked in my country =S. Its good now.

Funny stuff at the beginning =P lol. Its also a neat idea for a vid in general. Especially coming from someone that just went to my first tournament. I think people that have never been would definitely appreciate seeing how stuff works. Hopefully more stuff like this would encourage more people to come out. <3

Nabbitnator

Smash Ace
NNID
Nabbitz
I really like being aggressive with peach now that I know my situational combos and use fair sparingly. Well being aggressive when I need to and then backing off playing safe.

Top Bottom