• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Peach Turnip Farm

Ryota

Smash Rookie
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ecuhO6_vl0

Done by cancelling the platform drop animation into Down B while holding an item. Timing is more strict while holding a turnip because Down B will throw it if done too quickly.

This also makes it possible to do Down B out of shield by cancelling an shield drop.

WakerofWinds

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sydrael
3DS FC
4699-5989-8229
From the video, they last for about ~4 seconds.

I was messing around with this stuff this morning and the most practical application seems to be quickly pulling turnips while your opponent is offstage; if you're not going to edge guard them for some reason.

Nose

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Jecolo
this is hilarious

edit
just tried it out now
you can use two of the turnips relatively quickly but the rest will disappear before you get a chance

but two turnips plus your held item is pretty overwhelming for an opponent when thrown

Last edited:

kujibiki57

Smash Cadet
I think that the most useful thing here is not having a ton of turnips in hand, but actually quickly getting a good one.
I mean, it seems from the video that doing this is much faster than picking and throwing.

Nose

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Jecolo
cycling through turnips this way isn't a bad strategy to maximize the chance of getting a stitch or dot eyes
esp. if opponent is offstage

I wonder if you can pull up a mr. saturn or bob-omb this way

Last edited:

Nose

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Jecolo
since this is such a ridiculously fun exploit I did a lot of it today
and I've found that you can't pull up bob-ombs or saturns

you can tell because when you do the plucking animation, a turnip will not appear
and these 'empty plucks' only happen every 30 or 40 some plucks,
which about synchronizes with the pull rate for saturns or bob-ombs

still fun as hell to do
I try to chain as many as I can in a row without messing up and dropping through the platform
my record is a little short of 40 right now

edit -
empty pluck on 1/113
1/91
1/6
1/3
1/30
1/127
1/154
this could be used to quickly derive special item pull rates by themselves
might do it on the side as a fun data thing
I'll record it in this post cuz it's easy to remember for me

Last edited:

Mettie7

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Mettie7
3DS FC
2191-8121-7929
I could see this being used to go through turnips and get a good one fast. Battlefeild instantly best stage for Peach. In reality though, you probably wont find a time for this to be useful, still fun tho

Nose

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Jecolo
it's marginally more efficient
if you were programming the perfect peach she'd turnip farm in order to maximize her potential by cycling the rng through a couple of turnips more

but in human play, it's not that much different.
who knows, though? maybe that extra turnip you farmed was a stitch.
might as well do it if you can pull it off and have no better task than veggie pulling.

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
lmao, this can be kind of broken, especially like, if you throw someone offstage.
You can easily end up throwing 3-4 of these without them disappearing. And no matter what plat you're on they end up smack dab in the middle of the stage. This is great xD

edit: toying with it now. You could easily have a turnip in hand, glitch one to the center, throw the one you're holding, then ledge cancel turnip + throw, and still have access to the glitched one. This has some cool potential lol

edit 2: Or like, ledge cancel (float back to plat), glitch a turnip. Then you instantly have like two to use. You prob could jump + toss the glitched turnip to return to the platform, too, and you can sort of rinse n repeat. This is fun, I'm liking this.

Last edited:

WakerofWinds

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sydrael
3DS FC
4699-5989-8229
It might just be me, but I found that this glitch was much easier to pull off with a Mr. Saturn or bob-omb in hand than with a turnip (probably because you can't throw the items with down B). It makes it easier to practice, if you need an easy-mode to practice it initially (like I do).

Nose

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Jecolo
I forgot to thank you for revealing you can do it with a turnip in the first place
it's possible to throw three turnips on battlefield within 3 seconds at the opponent
with the plucked turnip, ledge canceled turnip and ghost turnip

pr cool
have to figure out real applications besides bewildering the opponent

Smockers

Smash Apprentice
Very interesting. I did some testing with this on each stage out of boredom. I consider the tactic to work when the turnips land on solid ground, and when you can spawn multiple turnips for an extended period at a time.

Always works: Battlefield, Jungle Japes, Gerudo Valley (when the bridge is there), Yoshi's Island, Unova Pokemon League (when Zekrom doesn't tilt the stage), Flat Zone 2, Tomodachi Life, PAC-MAZE

Works on some transformations: 3D Land, Golden Plains, Rainbow Road, Prism Tower (works on all with platforms), Arena Ferox (works on all with platforms), PictoChat 2 (works on all with platforms), Wily Castle

Never works: Paper Mario, Spirit Train, Dream Land (there's one cloud transformation where you can get 1-2 turnips but it's negligible), Corneria, Mute City, Magicant (can only be done when there's both a mobile sprout/tree on the stage as well as the moving platform underneath = not really useful), Reset Bomb Forest, WarioWare, Inc., Distant Planet, Tortimer Island, Boxing Ring, Gaur Plain, Balloon Fight, Living Room

N/A: FD + For Glory stages, Mushroomy Kingdom, Find Mii, Green Hill Zone

I also tested some other things. Turnip farming while bigger or smaller (through mushrooms, lightning, etc.) will not affect the size of the spawned turnips. They'll still stay the regular size.

You can also turnip farm with light turnips and heavy turnips. The spawned turnips will retain the special properties. However, with both you can only spawn a max of 3 turnips on the ground at a time.

Beethro

Smash Cadet
NNID
dernCereal
3DS FC
2621-3736-4780
man i want to like this but i usually pluck and throw turnips to destale my moves whenever i have the time to be spamming turnips

sreally funny though lol

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
Great way to make an opponent pick up a turnip and we all know how predictable other chars are with a turnip. Great way to mess with people if there's time to do it.

Ryota

Smash Rookie
This has been fixed on the WiiU version, even though it still works on 3DS.

Top Bottom