• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Peach Weekly Match-Up Discussion - Forever Outdated :(

Excel_Zero

Smash Lord
Snake Matchup

When you play Snake, you need to keep SAFE and try the best you can to NOT GETTING HIT (Isai's awesome phrase). If you are in a position when you will probably trade hits, then DON'T DO IT. It's not worth it, since Snake lives twice as long as you do. If you pressure him, you must know how to do it, and you must avoid any risks.

How useful are turnips on him?

Turnips are pretty useful. You can throw turnips and stay safe from his grenades by floating. You need to keep in mind that you can throw turnips while being at a 45° angle from Snake, while Snake can only throw nades at you when he is at a 90° or 0°/180° angle (I can even outcamp Toon Links this way). But you need to understand perfectly how Snake's grenades work, the exact time they blow up, the range/hitbox of the explosion, how the terrain can affect the grenade's trajectory (for instance, if he downthrows the grenade on Halberd's curved floor, the grenade will go at a 45° angled trajectory). You can also punish Snake's airdodge with a turnip (possibly glide tossed) if you have one in hand.

How effective is pressuring him?

Pressuring Snake is really effective, and it's the thing I mostly do when I play them. But you must know how to do it. If you just go aggressive against him without thinking, he will wreck you (especially if he is a good defensive Snake).

You can apply a lot of pressure when he is on the air (that is Snake's main weakness of course, and you as a Peach player must exploit it the best you can). Snake's usual options when falling are:

-Nair (if he is high enough for the Nair to end before landing) [You can punish this by breaking his Nair with Utilt, a turnip, a well spaced aerial, or by shielding and punishing]
-Airdodge [Use your usual airdodge punisher moves]
-Bair/Uair close to the ground [Shield and punish]
-Grenade/Reverse Grenade [Grab him or throw turnip]
-C4/Reverse C4 [Make sure you avoid the C4 and see what he will do next, and punish accordingly]

If you pressure his shield with properly spaced dairs while you float at a certain distance, you will limit his options, because:

-He doesn't have enough time for jumping out of shield and attacking with an aerial, because his aerials have a long startup.
-Even if he has a grenade on hand, Peach's kicks won't hit the grenade (maybe the explosion's hitbox will hit you though, so you need to watch out for that).
-Tilts and smashes won't work.

The only safe option he would have is to rolldodge, and if you keep on pressuring him, eventually he will be shieldstabbed, which can lead into a nasty combo. When he feels cornered, he will probably try to mortar slide to the other side of the stage, maybe try to outspace you with his tilts, pick a grenade, or jump (maybe with Up B), and you must exploit whatever he does and punish the best you can.

Can you use his nades against him effectively?

Use them only if you know how to work with grenades. If you don't, then stay out of their way.

How do you land the kill?

Be extremely patient with this. Don't freak out when you Fair Snake at 150% and he survives like it's nothing. Use your usual kill moves to get his stock, and use his explosions against him if you can. And of course, gimp him if you have the chance.

A cool way to kill Snake is if he places his dsmash and you grab him near it, you can grab release him into the dsmash. Another way is when he uses the C4 recovery, when he gets hits by the C4 you can footstool him to put him in a bad position. Works really well.

How do avoid being killed?

Be extremely careful of his Utilt and C4. They wreck Peach. I really don't know what else to say here. Just, play it safe and don't take risky decisions.

What's the most effective approach and attack on him?

Dair. And turnips.

Those questions were asked by Metatitan, and he wanted to post it here for all the other Peaches to see. If someone else has any questions regarding this matchup, then ask away and I'll try my best to answer them.

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer

If you pressure his shield with properly spaced dairs while you float at a certain distance, you will limit his options, because:

-He doesn't have enough time for jumping out of shield and attacking with an aerial, because his aerials have a long startup.
-Even if he has a grenade on hand, Peach's kicks won't hit the grenade (maybe the explosion's hitbox will hit you though, so you need to watch out for that).
-Tilts and smashes won't work.

The only safe option he would have is to rolldodge, and if you keep on pressuring him, eventually he will be shieldstabbed, which can lead into a nasty combo. When he feels cornered, he will probably try to mortar slide to the other side of the stage, maybe try to outspace you with his tilts, pick a grenade, or jump (maybe with Up B), and you must exploit whatever he does and punish the best you can.

Could you elaborate on this? It would seem your float would run out before his shield would be stabbable, and he could punish your drop to the ground or get away from you before you can get into a stable position again.

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
Upsmash is far too slow. drop shield > utilt is more effective, which is why you pull out before the dair finishes.

Excel_Zero

Smash Lord
Could you elaborate on this? It would seem your float would run out before his shield would be stabbable, and he could punish your drop to the ground or get away from you before you can get into a stable position again.
You need to start retreating at the correct time, so that the last hit of dair hits his shield while you are already moving away from him. Then you land unpunished.

NeverKnowsBest

Monochrome Like A Panda
I am pretty confused on how to play Peach, I don't understand how exactly to drop down tilts into my game.

If I were to post a video of my Peach, where should I post it? Your guys video archive?

Peach is pretty amazing.

gantrain05

Smash Master
I am pretty confused on how to play Peach, I don't understand how exactly to drop down tilts into my game.

If I were to post a video of my Peach, where should I post it? Your guys video archive?

Peach is pretty amazing.
i like to randomly space with Dtilt, mix it up alot and you will connect with it, and depending on % it can be a decent little combo starter.

Darth Destro

Smash Cadet
Hello, Peach Brawlers! I have recently started a thread about different pairings for Toon Link in Team Brawls, and I would greatly appreciate some input on a TL + Peach match. You can find the thread here. Any info would be tremendously helpful.

Xyless

Smash Master
Oh, ok. I can see the logic behind that, since Peach can technically shut down his banana game and has a projectile with about the same physical parameters (except they don't stay after they hit), so we have a lot easier time catching and punishing.

Also, what are our thoughts on TLink? Is he still even?

Also also, what are the current numbers for everyone? There are ???'s on Samus, and it looks like the first post of the matchup topic clashes a few places with the posts following it. I'm trying to update the chart, is why I ask.

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
Some numbers are off/weren't decided at the time

If people want me to get this up and running I would be very willing to make it all shiny and up to date but I am going to need your help. You have to understand that no matter what I say, at the end of the day I'm still from a different country to the majority of you and my main form of Brawling good players comes from Wi Fi. I also only play against a select group of characters

Point is, I'm not stupid and I can list basic outlines of match ups and hazard theoretical ideas of how to win in a certain match up but actual playing with actual experience is by far much better which is why I need you guys to give me a hand since you're the ones with the most experience

Xyless

Smash Master
Anyway, I made this based on the numbers in the main list (based on the Fox chart, because it was blank!). I can update it based on whatever is said. I decided to make it different than Dekuu's, since Dekuu's color scheme is very confusing.

gantrain05

Smash Master
i.like.the.chart.....also.is.this.the.matchup.discussion.thread.cuz.i.lost.track.of.where.it.went.lol....i'll
contribute.as.soon.as.i.get.a.keyboard.with.a.working.spacebar.

hiROI

Smash Lord
I think it was said that SnakevsPeach is 45:55 Snake
MKvsPeach is 40:60 MK ( Bonewalking <3)
MarthvsPeach is 45:55 Marth

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Who knows the ROB match-up?

Anyone know little random tips? Somebody halp. D:

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
GREEN GREENS OMG

I forgot about that stage. D: D: D:

My Rob always bans Brinstar now, and Norfair seems like too much space. :/

Metatitan

Smash Master
Edrees knows the matchup, all I remember from him telling me was that if you Fair ROB's shield with just the right spacing, you can be out of grab range and punish him with a free f smash.

gantrain05

Smash Master
i just take ROBs to battlefield, its usually not too tough of a matchup, working on your powershielding really pays off in this MU.

gantrain05

Smash Master
ok....double post but its 6 days between posts so i don't care.

but anyways, i noticed we haven't actually had a real matchup discussion in a very very long time, i personally feel that alot of peaches matchups have changed significantly from what we currently have them at, cmon peaches lets step it up and get to peach matchups round 2!!

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303
It's 50:50 if the Falco in question doesn't play gay.

But since matchup threads assume that the person on the other end is playing to win, it's more like 40:60-35:65. Approaching him is a nightmare.

Top Bottom