• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Peach Weekly Match-Up Discussion - Forever Outdated :(

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
I feel the whole matchup topic should be re done since everyone finds new strategies and such on the rooster. I think the Peach guide should be re done too.

Gah Toon Link. I hate fighting that little s--- than anyone else. XD

:phone:

Esca

Smash Champion
What do I do about a planking Pit? I got planked by Esca on wifi earlier, and I didn't know how to deal with it. :(
I had 36 ledge grabs buddy, don't act like I tried to time you out. I've had ~200 before, trust me you got special treatment :)

Zwarm

Smash Hero
I know, you didn't plank me that hard, but it's worth knowing how to deal with it if someone actually does 200 ledge grabs every game, haha.

:phone:

lloDownedu74

Smash Ace
Doesn't Peach have an Usmash on MK at PS1? Like in the fire stage (with the tree), if you grab MK on the right side of the tree, facing the tree, and release him, you can just run forward and usmash?

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
What do I do about a planking Pit? I got planked by Esca on wifi earlier, and I didn't know how to deal with it. :(
Pit up air on the ledge:

His up air hits on frame 9. And the duration is 45 frames. So after 45 frames, if he is near the ledge, he will grab it auto? (pretty sure but hotgarbage can correct me on anything here since he is the frame wizard) He can let go of the ledge at 26 frames after holding it. But has about 21 frames to do something without getting touched due to invis frames. Now I am not sure if the frames for all the characters jumps are the same. so I am gonna go by this for all jump frames when I get accurat info on his jump if it is not the same for everyone, I will update it:

Jump airborne on frame: 6
Now pit is not just gonna drop and Upair. He have to let go and then jump. So doing some match here:

6+9= 15. The attack would come out on frame 15.

21-15= 6. Pit has about six frames of invis after doing this. (assuming he is frame perfect here) So frame perfect and doing his up-air, Pit has 6 frames he can't be touched. Now what

The move last for 45 frames.

45-6= 39 frames you can do something to break his attack since he is not invisble anymore.

So what Moves can Peach have that can deal with this? Lets first check out hit boxes of his upair

One option would be Dair.

If you ground float the move at the right time, you can hit him while he is on the ledge or lets go while he has no invis frames. You angle yourself right, the move will go through the stage. Now it seems kinda hard for the Dair to go through the Uair. But the Upair is a muti hitter. so the hit box dissapaers and then comes back again. So if Peach was to hit him out of it, it would be cause of this. Or maybe her Dair can just flatout beal his Uair. This I am not to sure about. So I am gonna stick with my first method of beating the move.

I tested this out . Somes times my Dair would hit Pit or we trade hits. But I am going by my frst method for hitting him out, so yes, this is a way to hit Pit if he wants to sit on the ledge and upair it all day. Now if he tries to do this with arrows, he is not getting away with crap if you float over the ledge and Dair.

***Note- keep in mind Distance and timing changes on stages like YI, Lylat, etc. For the floor is not flat. also keep in mind that people cant stay on the ledge for ever, they have to get off if they dont wanna get hit. Which brings me to my next idea.

The next idea to stop this is with Up-B. You have to run off the stage around the time Pit grabs it (remember, characters cant do anything right away when they grab the ledge, unlike melee when you could) Then up-B from below. Now Pits option to get you from below would be a Dair.

His Dair hits on frame 10-12 In frame 12 he covers all that is underneath him. Frame 10 he covers about 2/3. So he is open on that attack a lil more when his back is turned. The duration of the move is 36 frames

He is invisible for 21 frames after he lets go.

21-10= 11 frames of invis he has while doing it.

36-11= 25 frames you can to something to break through the move for he runs out of invis frames.

Peach up-B

Part one

Part two

Part three which has the knockback.

Part four which lasts until you hit someone.

Peach does not fall that fast when coming down from her up-B. so the last part of the hit box is out till one gets hit, then dissapaers, around this tme, Peach can still kock one off and grab the ledge dude to the magnent of the up-B The accurate height Peach has before She can't grab ledge anymore I have not checked out yet. but I will when I get the chance. But it has a pretty good magnet and hard to hit her out of it or edgehog her.

When falling, the Peach player should not move AT all, just fall straight down. Tilting Peach while falling can screw it up. Even by a lil.

Hits on Frames: 7, 11, 19, 27, 32. I believe Frame 7 is when her attack hits from the sides, and 11+ is when it hits above her. So if you was to run off and time an up-B you can hit Bit from dishing out a Dair on you. or aim for the ledge sweet spot wise. If he stays on there for too long, you hit him off. It be to hard for pit to punish you from below like this. And Up-B goes through nearly all moves above her. And if you do it like this, you can abuse this after you snatch the ledge:

- jump -> float gives a maximum of 10 frames invulnerability. If you decide to jump -> float -> land you'll have a max of 7 frames invincibility.

If he is near the ledge when you grab it and did not burn your float, You can let go and float to a bair. When you let go of the ledge, 21 frames of invis frames you have. So playing with some math here.

21-6= 15 frames of invis you have while you attack with bair
21-3= 18 frames of invis frames you have with nair
21-8= 13 frames of invis you have with upair
21-12= 9 frames of invis you have for Dair
21-16= 5 frames of invis you have with fair.

Now to find out how many frames you can be hit from the attack, subtract the duration of her air attacks from the invis frames she has from the list above.

I have not taken into account about letting go of the ledge, getting into your float, then doing the moves. So you could subract like 3-5 frames to be a lil on point. But you might get these frames on point of you just dropped off to the attacks without floating.

I'm not sure how her second jump from a ledge drop is. But you would still get invis frames I believe if you did that to air attacks.

I also think that IASA frames play a role with attacks done. This explains how sweet spotting works. And seen how if you sometimes aim for the ledge, your Up-B goes through it and end up over the ledge. I think thats how it goes, could be wrong. I'll leave that to the experts to correct me on that one. So this plays a role when get off the ledge, jump then attack. And keep in mind how much height Peach's second jump is to determin your options and how to execute them.

Also Z dropping turnips can stop Pit from this. But the timing is hard. Remember his Up-air is a muti hitting, so the hit box comes and goes. As quick as it comes and goes, turnips can abuse this and snip him. Thats why the timing is hard. But does work.

Tesh

Smash Hero
You can't check ledge grabs on wifi. You only get 15 seconds. Go for it Esca!!

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Idk why people think that, cause every time they do it they get the hit off? Aim at the center of the attack, Peach breaks it. Idk why people think I don't test things out.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
Grats, you hit Pit ONCE off the ledge with PERFECT spacing.

You took 20% of damage in effort to pulling this off, while Pit only took around 8%.

*Pit goes back to ledge*

Problem?

:troll:

z00ted

if there is no LGL you um.. lose or pull a bomb, beam sword, or saturn.

Counterpick him to stages which rarely have ledges like RC, Brinstar, Castle Seige, or Delfino

I had a thirty-nine minute set with Esca at Hobo 28 mid tier singles. Every match went to last hit with about 20 seconds left.

I won, it should have been recorded.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Grats, you hit Pit ONCE off the ledge with PERFECT spacing.

You took 20% of damage in effort to pulling this off, while Pit only took around 8%.

*Pit goes back to ledge*

Problem?

:troll:
You are slowly tempting me to add you back on ignore again.

Let me explain this to the rest of you how this works. If I do a Dair lil berfore pit lets go and jumps to an Upair, Pit gets hit. For Pit to let go and attack is 15 frames. If He does this, He can't do anything for 15 frames. You can Do a Dair on the ledge and Pit will eat it. Your move is already out and he is jumping into an active hit box. Again, look at the math.

Jump airborne on frame: 6
Now pit is not just gonna drop and Upair. He have to let go and then jump.

6+9= 15. The attack would come out on frame 15.

21-15= 6. Pit has about six frames of invis after doing this. (assuming he is frame perfect here) So frame perfect and doing his up-air, Pit has 6 frames he can't be touched. Now what

The move last for 45 frames.

45-6= 39 frames you can do something to break his attack since he is not invisble anymore.

Now Peach dair, Each of her 4 kicks Last for 2 frames, then there is not a hitbox there for another 2 frames before the following kick comes out. So only way Pit gets lucky to hit you if he moves hit hit box with in those 2 frames on Peach to hit her. This is just like getting meta knight off the ledge when he is planking. He has an 2 frame open window where you can hit him on the ledge. Its nearly impossible to get a 2 frame move to hit him in that open frame window. Your best bet is a Z dropped item with good timing.

There is a small % chance just like meta to actually hit Peach with his upair. And a greater % chance to hit pit for planking. He can keep grabbing the ledge all he wants, I'll Keep hitting him and racking damage, Sooner or later he will end up flying. And in the case he does manage to hit me, I am usually ready to Smash DI out of his Up air which is not hard. I still keep my position eatinging under 10 % damage.

Last a pit that tried this dumb crap ended up taking to much damage. He finally got a brain and realised it was not worth it and decided to just camp me with arrows. Which I was not having ether.

The Player that actually needs perfect timing is Pit. He has to catch a 2 frame open window. This is just as bad as stoping meta from planking.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
More like frame data>humans. You can't change how a game works and runs. You need to understand how this game works and runs.

Esca

Smash Champion
Dark Peach, you're sadly mistaken. Peach's dair does NOT beat Pit's uair i promise you. That is my safeguard in that MU.

z00ted

I'm pretty sure Esca and I have tested it COUNTLESS amounts of times. It probably has to do with the lip of the stage or something, but Peach's dair does NOT beat Pit's uair.

Nicole

Smash Champion
peach does not beat planking pit's uair with her dair.

what works on paper doesn't always work in practice, as we should all know by now.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Then believe what you want. I would not think that a bunch of people would actually ever agree what I have to say around here. What else is new.

I have tested this and every pit that tries to plank me I stop them. ether with this or the other meathods I stated on stopping it.

Now if you don't agree (go figure, then fine) Think as you like and move on. I really don't feel like getting into it with Peach players yet again. Waste of time.

z00ted

Uh.. sure you may be able to knock Pit out of his planking with your umbrella/parasol but have fun trying to survive that.. and have fun trying to pull it off again when he goes right back to the ledge.

All day every day over rate Peach swagswagswagswag

Thank You Based God

Nordal

Smash Lord
I didn't read your post, but even if you "can" beat his planking with... umbrella, it's simply not worth the reward considering the risk. He took what.... 10% at most and you could have been stage spiked or gimped? He's pretty much guaranteed to recover back since Peach is not a prominent gimp threat anymore.

Consistency matters, and even if by your theory her Dair beats his Uair (which a lot of people are saying it does not), then good luck pulling it off consistently.

Nicole

Smash Champion
dark who are your opponents?
i've stopped bad mk's from planking me with my dair before, and that should never be able to happen.

you put waaaaayyyyy too much stock into frames. we aren't computers, we can't just do stuff frame perfectly every time. while it's easy to stop bad players, it is far less easy to stop competent players that know what they're doing. and dairing through pit's uair with any kind of consistency is simply not possible for a human.

you jack off to your frame data some more, i'm going to believe what actually happens to me and what i've seen happen to other peaches.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
You are just itching to pick a fight with me huh? Did you forget that I dislike you? And I don't say anything to you. So do me a favor and do the same. or maybe you forgot that with all these male smash players jacking off to you.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Dark, your comment was unnecessary.
Since obviously no one is going to change their mind just agree to disagree, gosh.
I don't give a damm. I said that I did not agree and to drop it. And Nicole had too keep it going with that last comment in her post. Yet I am always the one to have to hear it. I already stated I disliked her. And I don't ever say anything to her. yet he had to come at me. And I'm suppose to take that while people can freely do this **** and get away with it?

I'm sorry but **** that.

Top Bottom