• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Peach Weekly Match-Up Rediscussion: Wario

Canvasofgrey

Smash Ace
No no no >< I know what I DACUS is

I'm talking about this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rH-yv9Aha4g

After 1:00

I might have called it something different...you know how Snake can dash attack into his opponent? If the early part connects with his opponent and Snake uses his Up Smash. Wario (and Falco) can do this but it's not as useful because Snake's Up Smash follows them. Just a little something I thought I'd throw out

You'd probably never catch Wario doing it though because it could result in getting grabbed
Are you talking about how Snake can hit the opponent with the dash attack and move into a Usmash quite literally connecting the two together? That's just because Snake's hitbox and attack frames for that are extremely numerous and early, and his DACUS window allows him to do that. Other characters that can DACUS don't normally how those frames to do that.

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
No idea. I only know that Snake, Wario and Falco can do it. Can you imagine if Peach could do it though...*sigh*

I think I might wrap up this discussion pretty soon as pretty much everything that needs to be said has been said. Edrees' write up on the Weekly thread is absolutely fine (though I might find some bits and bats I can add to the write up)

If anyone's got any good quotes I could add to the quote section on this match up, please do show them to me :)

I might start the next one up soon...but I'd much rather we get the MK match up sorted out first before going onto anyone else
Just for your infomartion, listed in alphabetical order (not the order I'll be doing them in) coming up will be:

Falco
Marth
Mr. Game and Watch
R.O.B
Snake

When those lot are done, I'll start up the next lot of characters for re discussion. If there's anyone you think I've missed out that you think really needs to be re discussed (or somenoe we should consider re discussing after this lot), let me know

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
We should do Olimar too.

That discussion was very brief and decidedly in our favor that no one really talked.

Olimars are getting difficult these days - I don't think we're too hard a counter anymore.

Canvasofgrey

Smash Ace
I'd add Diddy Kong in the mix too. Seems like he's only moving up on the charts, probably see him move up a couple of spaces coming June.

Though I do agree about Olimar. His OoS options are getting ridiculous, and I don't think we're much of an advantage match-up these days.

Andydark

Smash Journeyman
Bourbonnais IL||I consider myself competent. AIM:
On the subject of Wario, one thing I can add (that I'm sure all of you are aware of because I'm somewhat of a newb with one tournament under my belt) that at high percentages, its often fun to play recovery chicken with Wario.

I began to notice a bad habit of mine was after Wario used his bike was to jump and intercept him with a nair/bair/uar (and of course, due to Peach's lack luster vertical movement, come up short as he jumped gracefully over me)

I found that adding the parasol to the mix is, although risky, often is unexpected and can get a kill at high damages high in the arena. What I think may be nice about this is it provides two paths for Peach to take against a high recovering Wario, which may spook the Wario into dodging into a different aerial (assuming that is a possibility)

And although the advice has been given to keep Wario's bike isolated, I sometimes find it more beneficial if I can manage a risky move of hitting him with it, as admittedly the bike racks up damage quite well, not to mention the tires are more of an irritant than our turnips, with thier bouncing mechanics.

Speaking of bouncing...Does anyone else miss how Turnips bounced off of shields in Melee? Good times...

Anyway, Its six in the morning and I haven't slept and I hope this little newb somehow contributed or at least seemed remotely intelligent... I've made the decision to try to get more...savvy at Brawl, as I feel I do have the potential... But yeah...

EDIT: And I'm an idiot, I read the date of the previous post as the 19th, not the 9th...

I need sleep. Oh well.

Top Bottom