• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Peach's Moonwalk- How Hard?

Invader_Zirk

Smash Rookie
I'm a Peach main who has a lot of difficulty just with control stick movement, like dashing instead of walking, and just spinning in circles instead of dash dancing... I want to remedy this by practicing how to run so much that I can moonwalk with my girl, but how hard is it to get there? And if I can do it, how useful is Peach's moonwalk in competition? I know she doesn't get as much mileage from it as Gdorf or Falcon, but still more than other characters. Just curious.

The Irish Mafia

Banned via Administration
I'm first going to suggest you don't use moonwalk with peach. As someone who uses it a lot, it's useless, and it doesn't even look cool enough to warrant doing it in the first place. Why do I continue to use a technique I vilify, you might ask? **** if I know. Bad habits. Don't walk down the same road.
For crisp dashes, make sure you're moving the control stick to it's full extent. Also, make sure you begin the movement after your last action is complete. You'll walk if you're holding a direction while doing something else. Good luck! :D

Upke

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I have this problem a lot evidenced by getting ftilts instead of dash attacks. It's usually after FC aerials, so just remember that even though they are FCed, you still have the universal landing lag (of four frames, I think). That means if you start holding the direction during those frames, you will get Peach walking instead of a dash.

_umbra_

Smash Champion
Peach's moonwalk is fun <3 It's not useful, but it's easier than with most characters and it looks good so I use it.

Stickywalking is more useful imo, dash forward out of a moonwalk and you'll run forward really slowly. It's a good mixup once in a while ^_^

You can moonwalk off a platform and do a falling turnip pull if you time it right (like you can out of a dash) but at that point you're just trying to be flashy lolll

Vestboy_Myst

NJ TO & Peach knitwit
moonwalking with peach is really only for mindgames, like DJL and Qdropping. that being said, a better player would prefer to do something else in its place

wouldn't mind practicing it again now that you've reminded me though

Top Bottom