• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pellicon: Brawl, UMvC3, SSFIV, Skullgirls, SCV, Tekken 6, KoFXIII

Fierce Deku

Smash Cadet
*This tournaments has been completed. See here for the results thread: link*

This will be the second annual Pellicon, a convention about gaming, anime, sci-fi, and everything else nerdy, held at Pellissippi State Community Collage. This year the convention's game room will be expanding to feature even more tournaments:

*UPDATE*:
Tournament Schedule:
Saturday
• 12:00 - Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition ver. 2012
• 2:00 - Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3
• 4:00 - Soul Calibur V
*NEW*
Sunday
• 12:00 - King of Fighters XIII *NEW*
• 12:00 - Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Singles)
• 2:00 - Tekken 6
*NEW*
• 4:00 - Skullgirls (assuming it's out by then)

• Brawl Doubles will potentially be run whenever Brawl Singles ends. It will only happen if we have enough time though. Rules and everything same as for singles.

Location & Date/Time

Pellisippi State Community College
10915 Hardin Valley Rd.
Knoxville, TN 37932

The convention itself runs from 9am to 9pm on both March 24th and March 25 (Saturday and Sunday). See above for tournament schedule. All stations will be open for free-play all day on both days, when not being used for any tournaments.

Rules

The Brawl tournament will be run under the Unity ruleset, Meta Knight ban and all. The other games will use standard EVO rules, unless noted otherwise. Create-a-Soul characters (including Soul of Devil Jin) will be banned in SCV. The White/Misty Arena stage in KoFXIII will be softbanned. All DLC characters will be available in all applicable games.

*UPDATE* All games will be run on PS3 (except Brawl obviously).

Although we will have some controllers available for all systems, you are advised to bring your own controller to avoid complications (this goes double for anyone who plays a stick on the non-smash titles). However, please avoid the use of wireless controllers if you have the option.

Prizes/Entry Fees

*UPDATE*: Entry fee for all games will be $5. Unfortunately, due to school policy, we will be unable to have cash payouts. Instead the payout will be in the form of e-giftcards for Best Buy. This will allow us to still have a 70/20/10 pot split for top 3 and should minimize inconvenience for entrants (believe me, this is the best option we could find).

You will need to buy a pass to the con to get into the tournament. No venue fee aside from that. Pre-registration for the con itself is $15 until Mar 10th, when it goes up to $20. This is for two day passes. If you don't pre-reg, the door price will be $20 for two days and $15 for one day. Present a valid student photo ID from any college and get $5 off at the door.

I'll update this post as new information becomes available, so stay tuned!

For any suggestions, game requests, or questions (including about all the other great stuff going on at the con) you can PM me here, or email us at pellicongameroom@gmail.com. Hope to see you there!

Links
Pellicon Website
All Is Brawl Thread
Shoryuken Thread
8 Way Run Thread
Tekken Zaibatsu
Dream Cancel Thread

Fierce Deku

Smash Cadet
New Information Posted

New info posted! Full schedule is up (Brawl is at noon on Sunday. It will run alongside other tournaments, but feel free to enter all of them at once if you like.). Soul Calibur V, King of Fighters XIII, and Tekken 6 added, and Prizes/Entry Fees are posted. See description for details. Six more weeks!

KingMarth

Smash Rookie
Very excited

Myself and about 6 friends plan on attending. We live in Knoxville. If you are considering attending you should, I want to fight the best opponents available :)

Kel

Smash Master
What's the brawl attendance looking like? I'll be willing to bring a car down from Lexington if it isn't too small.

Fierce Deku

Smash Cadet
At the moment it looks like we have about 18 20 total people who say they're planning to come, with a half dozen or so more who have at least expressed interest (assuming that when people say they're bringing X number of friends, they're not talking about someone else who's already posted). If whole carpools come from Memphis or Lexington that'd boost it even more.

There should also be people who come for the con itself and decide to enter when they see the tourney in the program, though they probably won't have any tournament experience.

Fierce Deku

Smash Cadet
Possible Doubles Tourney

Also, if the singles tournament goes quickly enough we can do a doubles bracket afterward. No guarantees, but we'll see if we can fit it in.

Kel

Smash Master
Oh this is a con tournament? Will we have to pay to get into the con in order to play in the tournament?

Fierce Deku

Smash Cadet
Oh this is a con tournament? Will we have to pay to get into the con in order to play in the tournament?
Yeah, you'll have to pay to get in. Aside from that there's no venue fee though. See the Prizes/Entry Fees section of the original post for details and let me know if you have any other questions.

This is also in the original post but just to reiterate, entry fee for a tournament itself is $5, 70/20/10 pot split, and unfortunately due to school policy we're going to have to hand the winnings out in the form of Best Buy e-giftcards, since the school won't let use give people straight up money. An e-giftcard is just a regular giftcard that we can purchase online and set to whatever value 70/20/10 % of the pot turns out to be, and print it out on the spot. It's a pain I know but it's the only way we can provide such an event with the school's campus as a venue.

Talon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Talon
3DS FC
0404-8185-5062
Well it's confirmed Memphis will be attending this. Totally wanna see Knoxville's competition, plus it's been a while since I've been to a con.

Jester Kirby

Smash Journeyman
NNID
JesterKirby
Well, two of the top 3 from Memphis are comming, and then the top player from Murfeesburro. :p Now, if Hypsilophodon, Beat11, Thrillerman, Jet3000, Stultus, and the Trombone King were comming THEN, Memphis would be comming. :p lol

But yea, this will be fun. I'm interested in seeing the rest of Knoxville's players. Only one I've played in person is Nova 9. So yea, any other TN players, I want to friendly! :cool:

Talon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Talon
3DS FC
0404-8185-5062
I'm not familiar with the area at all so any near by hotels would be greatly appreciated if you can give me the info. I work at Fed Ex so I can get major travel benefits from this and try to book a room asap.

Fierce Deku

Smash Cadet
I'm not familiar with the area at all so any near by hotels would be greatly appreciated if you can give me the info. I work at Fed Ex so I can get major travel benefits from this and try to book a room asap.
If you come via I-40, take the cedar bluff exit, and head south to reach North Peters Road, there are major hotel chains there (link). That's on the pricier side though. The closest cheaper hotel is probably this (link), which was decent when it used to be a Ramada, though it’s changed brands since I was there last.

Fierce Deku

Smash Cadet
Results thread can be found here: link

Great games everyone and thanks so much for coming! I had a lot of fun!

Top Bottom