• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pensacola, FL Monthly #2: Meta Knight is Unbanned

Ruse

Fox
They lent their skillz to Holy.

Also, not actually trying to start **** with you, Holy. I just like giving you a hard time :p.

mkGmoney

Smash Ace
Jacksonville, FL (UNF) Location: Tavares, FL (for
You guys should get educated if you think MK is that broken. I'll MM anyone from pen-sack-o-lah for any amount of money with Wario.

edit: Good stuff, CHEF! You need to teach me things about ICs... I'm picking them up as a secondary (and dropping MK). PM me some good links with info and vids. :)

Ruse

Fox
****... It's so hilarious that when MK is unbanned he's all over this tourney...
LOLZ.

When good players start to main MK they become pros.

Also, MK match-up is fairly new to all of us, especially a good one. Before Holy picked up MK very recently; even if MK was unbanned at #1 there would have only been MAYBE two people using him, but I don't think God would have showed, anyways, and the other guy just flat out wasn't very good with him \:.

its just a coincidence. scotts decent and just happens to be a tier *****. im decent, compared to a couple pcola players, and like mk because hes fun.
ur so pcola top tierrrz

But for serious, you're definitely in the top five.

You guys should get educated if you think MK is that broken. I'll MM anyone from pen-sack-o-lah for any amount of money with Wario.

edit: Good stuff, CHEF! You need to teach me things about ICs... I'm picking them up as a secondary (and dropping MK). PM me some good links with info and vids. :)
We don't, we (mostly me) just like to give Holy **** for picking him up. MK is pretty broken, though.
SPOILER ALERT!!!: Up special can kill at %50 ):.

Also, we know you rock *** with Wario. That was never doubted.

mkGmoney

Smash Ace
Jacksonville, FL (UNF) Location: Tavares, FL (for
I'm mainly just kidding anyways (I just think it's funny when people start calling MK "broken" -- especially in FL where a MK hasn't won a major tourney in forever)... and let's not discuss my "skill." I just play my game and where I place is where I place. I don't care as long as I'm still having fun.

By the way, have we met in Tally? We should get some friendlies in some time. :)

Ruse

Fox
I'm mainly just kidding anyways (I just think it's funny when people start calling MK "broken" -- especially in FL where a MK hasn't won a major tourney in forever)... and let's not discuss my "skill." I just play my game and where I place is where I place. I don't care as long as I'm still having fun.

By the way, have we met in Tally? We should get some friendlies in some time. :)
Floridians have an unwritten law not to main MK.

I've seen you around and played you once in a tourney match. You two stocked me both times ):, but that was a while ago. Are hitting up Tally this weekend?

B_AWAL

Smash Master
Floridians have an unwritten law not to main MK.

I've seen you around and played you once in a tourney match. You two stocked me both times ):, but that was a while ago. Are hitting up Tally this weekend?
BTW, We here in Tally are REALLY gona try to come and support U in Pcola dude. I know U help us out and we wana return the favor.

HolyChef

Smash Ace
everlasting yayuhzz said:
The story of Aarosmashguy...

Aarosmashguy lost to Lambchops in the first round of winners. It was a horrible defeat, but it was all planned by the genius...Aarosmashguy. He knew that Scar would scrub out and lose to Hungrybox and he just wanted to try out his new scar removing cream on him.

We have pictures and video from the incident, please, watch with caution for this is not for the faint of heart. Aarosmashguy is a monster.

http://fanart.lionking.org/Artists/kotenok_gaff/KotenokGaffLionMouse.jpg

Enter: Aarosmashguy. He's so ****ing cool, he gets two theme songs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=geEEcfN1Ejk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cyxa1cYmvno

Yeah, he's a monster.

Enter: Scar. He's not quite as amazing as Aaro. Actually, no. He's just not amazing at all.

Theme:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSoWq4-DyfE

So, Scar goes and asks who he has to play next. Oh boy, it was Aarosmashguy. "Oh no! Not him! I've heard stories about what he does to scars! I'm more scared of him than Neosporin!!"

This is footage from the incident; Aarosmashguy bracket-canceling Scar: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQUM__P1oZg

STOP! DO NOT CONTINUE IF YOU CANNOT HANDLE RAW FOOTAGE OF REAL BIG ASSKICKINGS.

Scar started out sandbagging on Aarosmashguy. BIG MISTAKE!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7e9AMM_Z-Vk

Okay, now we'll continue. This is what the fight looked like: http://www.mypartypost.com/watchvid...-_Worlds_Most_One_Sided_Fights_Caught_on_Film

Whew! If you're still conscious from all of that assraping Aaro did, this is Aarosmashguy's victory dance!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ezsbLa0tYQ

Scar seemed really hurt by this dance, here is footage of Scar falling off of his high-horse.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZhMfzc9RbU

Well, the Scar fanboys who watched and fapped off to I Killed Mufasa didn't like this. This is rare footage of Aarosmashguy vs fanboys.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q27XKfykRCA

Scar was so close to making top 5! And the money!! But...it just wasn't mean to be!
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=801_1209377445

Ahh, Aarosmashguy. A man among men. A God among Gods. A ***** upon ******s. He is...the one.

THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS...WHEN YOU **** WITH AARO MOTHER ****ING SMASHGUY.

http://img401.imageshack.us/my.php?image=e52singleszj8.gif

JOIN US IF YOU LOVE AARO TOO!
10aarosmashguys

edit.
LOLZ.

When good players start to main MK they become pros.

Also, MK match-up is fairly new to all of us, especially a good one. Before Holy picked up MK very recently; even if MK was unbanned at #1 there would have only been MAYBE two people using him, but I don't think God would have showed, anyways, and the other guy just flat out wasn't very good with him \:.
i trained with dan, god/scott, and manko a lot. my mk is not new to them. ur the only one who barely played my mk.

ur so pcola top tierrrz

But for serious, you're definitely in the top five.
id like to know whos in the top 5 in order lol.

We don't, we (mostly me) just like to give Holy **** for picking him up. MK is pretty broken, though.
SPOILER ALERT!!!: Up special can kill at %50 ):.
up special can kill at 50% when people DI the wrong way or not at all lol

mk is not broken. he's just simple at low/mid levels of play, when people dont know how to deal with tornado or dont DI upB

B_AWAL

Smash Master
10aarosmashguys

Edit.

I Trained With Dan, God/scott, And Manko A Lot. My Mk Is Not New To Them. Ur The Only One Who Barely Played My Mk.

Id Like To Know Whos In The Top 5 In Order Lol.

Up Special Can Kill At 50% When People Di The Wrong Way Or Not At All Lol

Mk Is Not Broken. He's Only Broken At Low/mid Levels Of Play. When People Dont Know How To Deal With Tornado Or Dont Di Upb

Lmao!!!!!!

Ruse

Fox
): I want more MK friendlies, plz? You guys all got way better after that LA tourney, by the way. I've got some catching up to do.

Now we just need a good Snake and I think we've got all of the top tier characters covered in Pensacola 0:.

B_AWAL

Smash Master
): I want more MK friendlies, plz? You guys all got way better after that LA tourney, by the way. I've got some catching up to do.

Now we just need a good Snake and I think we've got all of the top tier characters covered in Pensacola 0:.
What about Falco, Wolf, Wario Lucario and DDD

Ruse

Fox
No order:

HolyChef
Dan
Mankosuki
Myself (not trying to be egotistical)
Maybe God? I've only played him a little bit, but besides you three I haven't played anyone else from Pensacola that was any better than him.

It is just my opinion, and I could be wrong; it's up for debate.

BravoPlushie

Smash Rookie
Actually, I mained Snake for awhile, then decided to try out MK for a bit.

Also, I'm too lazy to use the quote feature, but I didn't show up at the last tourny because I was busy that weekend. :p Even if MK had been banned, I would've still shown up to this one. :psycho:

Edit: And I don't know if I should be in top 5. Most of my game comes fromt he fact I have Dan in this little box. I can pretty easily predict what he's thinking and what he plans to do. Going to work on breaking that down and getting good in general. Maybe when I come back for the Dec. 6th tourny, I'll be worthy of being in the top 5. :)

FloridaMeister

Smash Apprentice
(This is Manko)

Scott, if you're not in top 5, you're very close to it. Just keeping coming to tourneys/smashfests for improvement. The following is IMO the rankings for Pensacola. Though note that there's not too large a gap as nobody really decimates anyone else for the most part. Some of us could probably share the top spots really.

1. HolyChef - He plays the most characters in tourney (new main every time?) making him well rounded and has experience in the scene, having been around for Melee as well.
2. Mankosuki - He too has a lot of experience in tourneys. Exceeds in teams & stage CPing. Needs to branch off of ROB more for character CPing though, and quit killing himself all the time...
3. DanTheMan - While new to the scene, has been getting a lot of experience through all the tourneys we've been to lately and playing Manko/Holy on a fairly regular basis. Even this early, has already been the subject for meat riding.
4. Ruse - Has a nice ROB, but needs more experience in certain match ups and minor things like saving up kill moves. The main thing holding him back is not getting to play the other 3 very often, and relying on less serious smashers for practice.
5. God aka BravoPlushie - Dan's roommate & tier *****, so he's ale to keep up at least. Having just now started going to tourneys, there's only room for improvement.
6. SkaterBaj - Doesn't get to play us very often at all, but seems to know his stuff. Just needs more practice to move up.
7. David aka HalfAsianHalfCaucasian - Not technically a Pensacola Local, but goes to school at UWF and is usually at the Wed. night smash nights. I don't know if we'll ever get him to come to a tourney though.
8. MikeLove - Lives with Ruse, but doesn't seem as devoted to the game as him. Has a pretty good Olimar, but the character is so easy to edge guard that I'd suggest he finds a secondary to help counter it.
9. Blue Kirby - Like most the other lower ranked guys, we hardly ever see him. Needs to start coming to the UWF smashfests.

There's probably some I didn't mention, but if so it's because I never see them to know much about them. Remember guys, every Wednesday night, 8pm-2am, UWF, Building 58A.

B_AWAL

Smash Master
Actually, I mained Snake for awhile, then decided to try out MK for a bit.

Also, I'm too lazy to use the quote feature, but I didn't show up at the last tourny because I was busy that weekend. :p Even if MK had been banned, I would've still shown up to this one. :psycho:

Edit: And I don't know if I should be in top 5. Most of my game comes fromt he fact I have Dan in this little box. I can pretty easily predict what he's thinking and what he plans to do. Going to work on breaking that down and getting good in general. Maybe when I come back for the Dec. 6th tourny, I'll be worthy of being in the top 5. :)
Yo, I'm NIckSX773 from Youtube lol!!! It sounds like Ur alot better than U gave Urself credit for on Youtube lol!!!

skaterbaj

Smash Lord
Manko are ya'll going to tally tommorow? if not then i may be up for friendlies somewhere, i do need to play better players more

Ruse

Fox
Manko, I agree almost 100% with your list, except I think that you're slightly better than HolyChef.

While Holy does have a lot more diversity in his character selection, I do believe that since you've stuck with R.O.B. for so long that you're much better with him than any of us are with a single character, and you're very good at overcoming your bad match-ups. I dunno if this would change or not if Holy would stick with a reliable main and secondary, but it is likely. Switching his main a lot is a very good learning experience, but I feel that he doesn't spend enough time with any one character (except maybe IC, but since we all main top/high tiers he's at quite a disadvantage \:...). If Holy keeps on going with MK and IC as a solid alt, then he could end up being at the number one spot in Pensacola.

Manko, Holy, and Dan are all really great players. I'd like to think I'm pretty okay, but I'm definitely a step down from you three.

Also, God, you're number five, whether you want to believe it or not. Another month or two and you could be riding with the bigs dogs :p.

I'd say that maybe Mike and Lime are better than David and Blue, but they seem to have quit Brawl in favor of Starcraft and Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds ):.

Carson (Barlw) is pretty good, too, but he never gets to play with us/any other good players and lives in Gulf Breeze, which I guess isn't technically Pensacola, but it might as well be.

But that's all just in my opinion.

edit: Also, I think DeCoN might be better than Mike, Blue, and David, but he generally only plays at the tournaments, so he doesn't get a lot of practice.

Manko are ya'll going to tally tommorow? if not then i may be up for friendlies somewhere, i do need to play better players more
Manko, Holy, and I aren't. Manko said he'd be down for Brawl around 5-6ish.

So, since we've got all of our cards down on the table...

1. Mankosuki (R.O.B./R.O.B./R.O.B./Captain Falcon???)
2. HolyChef (Meta Knight/Ice Climbers)
3. Dan (Marth/Falco)
4. Ruse (R.O.B./Mr. Game & Watch)
5. God (Meta Knight/All Top Tiers)
6. Skaterbaj (King Dedede/Samus)
7. DeCoN (Marth/Zelda/Ike)
8. MikeLove (Olimar/Mewtwo?!)
9. Uhh. Nevermind about David, then, since I don't know him.
10. BlueKirby (Diddy Kong?)

HolyChef

Smash Ace
wats wrong with playing multiple characters? wouldnt that make me pretty good if im able to switch from 1-2 week old characters from week to week and do rather good and even win a tourney? how is playing one character criteria for being better? manko is good but im just saying that it cant be criteria for talent.

FloridaMeister

Smash Apprentice
Manko, I agree almost 100% with your list, except I think that you're slightly better than HolyChef.

While Holy does have a lot more diversity in his character selection, I do believe that since you've stuck with R.O.B. for so long that you're much better with him than any of us are with a single character, and you're very good at overcoming your bad match-ups. I dunno if this would change or not if Holy would stick with a reliable main and secondary, but it is likely. Switching his main a lot is a very good learning experience, but I feel that he doesn't spend enough time with any one character (except maybe IC, but since we all main top/high tiers he's at quite a disadvantage \:...). If Holy keeps on going with MK and IC as a solid alt, then he could end up being at the number one spot in Pensacola.
I can see where you're coming from there. After all, while he's been jumping from character to character, it's basically just ICs he keeps coming back to. It's good he branches out though cause once you've mastered chain throwing, that's really all there is to them. With ROB on the other hand, I feel like my play style has changed at each tourney. By the time I put any vids up from one, it's already outdated.

As for the people that you added, I couldn't really list them since I never play them. For instance, your last tourney was the first time I've ever played the guy from GulfBreeze. Unfortunately Pit gets shut down pretty quick by ROB so it was hard to judge him off our set. I imagine he's in the same boat as SkaterBaj though as he seemed to know his character well, but not our match up. Just needs more experience.

Also, David is actually a Snake player. I don't know if you've ever met him. The Zero Suit guy from the other day at UWF is some other random guy that's there usually. That Fox player is pretty regular as well. We really should ask their names next time...

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
9. Blue Kirby - Like most the other lower ranked guys, we hardly ever see him. Needs to start coming to the UWF smashfests.

There's probably some I didn't mention, but if so it's because I never see them to know much about them. Remember guys, every Wednesday night, 8pm-2am, UWF, Building 58A.

No one was there two days ago. And I arrived like at 8:05! :O

FloridaMeister

Smash Apprentice
we might have showed up slightly after you then.

Me & Ruse went close to 8:00, followed shortly after by HolyChef. The Z-suit & Fox player I mentioned played some, and eventually DanTheMan came at around midnight after getting off work.

Sorry you left, we had some fun singles & teams going.

Ruse

Fox
wats wrong with playing multiple characters? wouldnt that make me pretty good if im able to switch from 1-2 week old characters from week to week and do rather good and even win a tourney? how is playing one character criteria for being better? manko is good but im just saying that it cant be criteria for talent.
Nothing is wrong with it, but I'm just saying that since Manko has spent so much time with R.O.B. that he knows him a bit better than you know your characters, with the exception of IC.

Also, would you give us your opinion on who you think is in the top 10?

I can see where you're coming from there. After all, while he's been jumping from character to character, it's basically just ICs he keeps coming back to. It's good he branches out though cause once you've mastered chain throwing, that's really all there is to them. With ROB on the other hand, I feel like my play style has changed at each tourney. By the time I put any vids up from one, it's already outdated.

As for the people that you added, I couldn't really list them since I never play them. For instance, your last tourney was the first time I've ever played the guy from GulfBreeze. Unfortunately Pit gets shut down pretty quick by ROB so it was hard to judge him off our set. I imagine he's in the same boat as SkaterBaj though as he seemed to know his character well, but not our match up. Just needs more experience.

Also, David is actually a Snake player. I don't know if you've ever met him. The Zero Suit guy from the other day at UWF is some other random guy that's there usually. That Fox player is pretty regular as well. We really should ask their names next time...
Speaking of vids, when might we expect the PCola #2 ones (:?

I think if he played with us some more and picked up a good alt that he might get pretty good. Carson is generally good at video games.

Oh, that makes a lot more sense. You should see if he could show up for our friendlies tomorrow. Also, DeCoN is going to be playing with us (:.

No one was there two days ago. And I arrived like at 8:05! :O
We showed up at like 8:15ishpm and stayed until the cops kicked us out at 2:00am.

FloridaMeister

Smash Apprentice
Speaking of vids, when might we expect the PCola #2 ones (:?
Uh, I guess I could do them monday when I'm off. lol, I've also got Pcola #1, Louisiana, and two Tallahassee tourneys to go through. We've been going to too many tourneys! >_<

Oh, that makes a lot more sense. You should see if he could show up for our friendlies tomorrow. Also, DeCoN is going to be playing with us.
I doubt it, he actually lives about an hour from here in Fort Walton. He usually goes to the UWF thing cause he just waits around after his class on Wed. I was surprised we didn't see him last time. Which guy is DeCon again?

Ruse

Fox
Uh, I guess I could do them monday when I'm off. lol, I've also got Pcola #1, Louisiana, and two Tallahassee tourneys to go through. We've been going to too many tourneys! >_<

I doubt it, he actually lives about an hour from here in Fort Walton. He usually goes to the UWF thing cause he just waits around after his class on Wed. I was surprised we didn't see him last time. Which guy is DeCon again?
You should do the #2s first since they're actually a decent representation of how we play, eh :D?...

DeCoN is my doubles partner. Uhh. He's ginger.

HolyChef

Smash Ace
wouldnt that make me pretty good if im able to switch from 1-2 week old characters from week to week and do rather good and even win a tourney? how is playing one character criteria for being better? manko is good but im just saying that it cant be criteria for talent.
get at me for quoting myself.

anyway u should address the above cause im curious again.

i also like to think ive mastered IC's as much as Manko has mastered R.O.B..

i overcome bad mathups too with my IC's.
i did beat Dans Marth with IC's which a matchup in Marths favor. u can look at both boards.
this is the same Dan that beats u and Manko who play R.O.B. which is an even matchup for Marth.

I'm just saying that since Manko has spent so much time with R.O.B. that he knows him a bit better than you know your characters, with the exception of IC.
wat...lol

first off ive played IC's since the beginning. im pretty sure ive had more tourney experience with IC's then Manko has had with R.O.B.. i went to too many tourney this summer. trust me. no offense joe even though i dont think u could take any from that lol.

with the exception of IC? lol wat does that mean. right here ur saying i know a character just as much as he does. am i supposed to know all my characters just as much lol?

Also, would you give us your opinion on who you think is in the top 10?
my list(not even close to power ranked at all)
1. HolyChef - all the stuff manko says + him going through the pcola gauntlet by facing god/scott, manko, ruse, and dan all in the same tourney.
2/3. Dan/Manko - i'll be here forever discusing how these two are even
4. David(if we're including him) - i dont care if has no tourney results. hell god/scott only has one tourney. i think he can beat god/scott and even ruse. i kno this because i play him a lot at my place. he's here
5. Ruse - youre here
6. Fox - he's here. i know. i've played him in tourney. he got unlucky cause he had to face me and dan.
7. Scott/God/BravoPlushie - youre here
8. Chris Li - uwf player. from what ive seen hes here.
9. MikeLove - MikeLove > SK8R. sorry sk8r.
10. Skaterbaj/sk8r -youre here

towards the bottom im might be a little off. but if u think im wrong about the rest, then youre wrong

you should most def do that set with dan and me or grand finals. and then tell me when i can get my pen back lol. u borrowed it in dans car up to tally. its like a big deal to me actually lol.

edit.
DeCoN is my doubles partner. Uhh. He's ginger.
theres already a ginger in fl lol.

ruse - if u were to address just one thing let it be my other post. still would like to know how playing one character well is criteria for being better than someone.

i dont think playing multiple characters is criteria either but i really dont think its the other way around at all.

get at this ****in Yuna-type post.

BravoPlushie

Smash Rookie
I'm going to try to come next Wed. :) My MK playstyle has recently changed, so it'd be fun to have a go at y'all again. :] Maybe confirm my spot at #5, eh? ;)

Also, hurry up with that silly MK vs. MK vid me and Holy had. :p Everyone has to see the stupidity of it.

FloridaMeister

Smash Apprentice
i also like to think ive mastered IC's as much as Manko has mastered R.O.B.
first off ive played IC's since the beginning. im pretty sure ive had more tourney experience with IC's then Manko has had with R.O.B.. i went to too many tourney this summer. trust me. no offense joe even though i dont think u could take any from that lol.
Yep, it was like 3 months into Brawl that I finally landed on ROB after first trying Samus & Kirby. I think there's been times when I could have and should have used a different character to get farther in a tourney but I've been more concerned with learning match ups with ROB. I'll probably start doing the same thing as you now though, cause it's lame having such close matches with characters like D3 where it's chaingrab vs. camping, when I could easily just go G&W.

my list(not even close to power ranked at all)
1. HolyChef - all the stuff manko says + him going through the pcola gauntlet by facing god/scott, manko, ruse, and dan all in the same tourney.
2/3. Dan/Manko - i'll be here forever discusing how these two are even
4. David(if we're including him) - i dont care if has no tourney results. hell god/scott only has one tourney. i think he can beat god/scott and even ruse. i kno this because i play him a lot at my place. he's here
5. Ruse - youre here
6. Fox - he's here. i know. i've played him in tourney. he got unlucky cause he had to face me and dan.
7. Scott/God/BravoPlushie - youre here
8. Chris Li - uwf player. from what ive seen hes here.
9. MikeLove - MikeLove > SK8R. sorry sk8r.
10. Skaterbaj/sk8r -youre here
You should get David to come around more if you see him so much. I definitely think he would be good practice. I've still yet to play Chris Li though, wish I saw your txt message in time when you played at Village West. Never played Fox either, as far as I know.

Seeing the different lists points out something interesting though. While there's a general consensous, we're each playing with different people more than others have. Ideally, we should all be playing each other on a regular basis. So if the UWF thing isn't a good time for people, maybe we can start periodically meeting at Ruse's as well? A few of us should be there tomorrow, I'm going around 6pm.

tell me when i can get my pen back lol. u borrowed it in dans car up to tally. its like a big deal to me actually lol.
oh man, I have no idea what the pen looked like... It's probably still in Dan's car. Sorry, I completely forgot about it.

FloridaMeister

Smash Apprentice
this is the same Dan that beats u and Manko who play R.O.B. which is an even matchup for Marth.
I'd also like to point out that I've only faced Dan twice in tourney. First was UWF, which of course was brand new, but we both beat him there. Only other was last week where I killed myself at around 20% and still came back to make it a close round.

Regardless, I think the 3 of us are pretty even and trade games in friendlies regularly. All three use multiple characters, but I think you're more inclined to use your alts in tourney than us since ICs have more matchups at a disadvantage than ROB or Marth.

HolyChef

Smash Ace
me and david play a lot on wednesdays, which are days u usually have work. david gets out of class at 10:50 lol. he doent even drive back to fwb. he usually just stays at school for a couple hours and then plays at my place for a few hours and then we drive to uwf. he can play on mondays, wednesdays, or fridays.

ive played everyone on the other lists but it sucks that you guys havent played people on my list. you guys should just trust me then lol :)

i dont kno about tomorrow. i'll have to see.

Top Bottom