• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pensacola, FL Monthly #2: Meta Knight is Unbanned

Ruse

Fox
@ Holy: R.O.B. is, straight up, a better character than IC. I feel like your IC and Manko's R.O.B. are both really great, but he can take your IC because he knows the match-up so well and has the advantage. You can't take his R.O.B. with your MK (from what I've seen. I could be wrong), where you have the advantage. Once your MK gets better, you may be higher than Manko. Either way, you guys are both good players and are both pretty equal, but I'd say Manko is better at the moment, but only by a smidge. No hate for you, Holy, I just think he's got the upper hand right now. Also, Manko, in my opinion, would have beaten Dan on FD if he had not of suicided. If he had taken him that match I do believe that he would have come in first or second. I also completely forgot about Fox, since he didn't show at #2 ):. He was pretty good from what I saw, but I didn't get to play him. I hope he comes to #3. I really want to play this David kid, especially if you think he's better than me. I love playing people that can beat me, because it might advance my game (unless they're ***** about it). Seriously, though, no hate :p. I really like playing with you three and learn a lot from it, and I really want to start playing against God and David some. The more good players the better.

It's crazy that the tides have shifted this quickly. At PCola #1 I was pretty confident that it was Dan, myself, Manko, then Holy (not only because of tournament placement but our actual metagame), but that's completely flipped around in only a month. I hope that David mains a nasty Snake so that I can learn the match-up and not getting ***** every time I go up against one in Tally. It'd be really awesome and helpful (:.

Love to all the PCola players out there; let's get together more often and start raising some hell.

ALSO: Friendlies/training at my house tomorrow. Starts at 5:30-6:00ishpm and goes till whenever everyone leaves. Myself, DeCoN, and Manko are for sure showing. John (Skaterbaj) and Axel (noob Ness player :p) are maybe going to be there. Anyone is welcome to show. I've got two Wiis set up in my living room for maximum 1v1age.

Ruse

Fox
Tru that.

@Holy: What time is your group meeting tomorrow? Hopefully it won't take too long.

@Dan & God: Good luck in Tally tomorrow!
We need to compete amongst each other to get better, but I hope we never start rivalries in our town. That'd really screw us.

You should join us if you can tomorrow, Jeremy, if you've got free time anywhere.

Isn't the Tally tournament tomorrow local only \:? Hmm..

FloridaMeister

Smash Apprentice
We need to compete amongst each other to get better, but I hope we never start rivalries in our town. That'd really screw us.

Isn't the Tally tournament tomorrow local only \:? Hmm..
So far everyone seems to be chill. I'm not too worried.

Yeah, it basically is local only. GMoney isn't going, GDX & HRNut aren't going, Gainesville isn't going. The only out of towners are Dan & God. Even some of Tally itself can't make it. So it should be a bit on the small side but with the fewer big name competition there, maybe Dan can win enough to make it worth the trip. Either way, experience is always a good thing and there's characters there that nobody plays here like Zelda & Sonic. So more power to them, I just didn't feel the need to attend.

HolyChef

Smash Ace
You can't take his R.O.B. with your MK (from what I've seen. I could be wrong), where you have the advantage.
um... my mk already took his R.O.B. at your tourney last week... im not even gonna bring up my mk beating his R.O.B. at the uwf tourney last month. nvrmind i just did... so yeah...

Once your MK gets better, you may be higher than Manko.
my mk has already beaten all your top guys in pensacola that you listed! whos left? wtf, am i supposed to 3 stock everyone i play in order to get #1 on your list?

We need to compete amongst each other to get better
me, dan, manko, and now god/scott train together fairly often . ur the only one being left out lol.

Ruse

Fox
me, dan, manko, and now god/scott train together fairly often . ur the only one being left out lol.
I was moreso referring to myself, David, and Skaterbaj.

Also, Fine:

1. Manko and Holy
The Ghost of Christmas Past
3. Dan
4. Ruse
5./6. Fox/God? I haven't played Fox, only watched
7. DeCoN
8. MikeLove
9. Carson
10. Skaterbaj

PCola area power rankings according to Ruse. Final until tournament #3 :p.

But that's only of the people I've played/seen play. Bam.

HolyChef

Smash Ace
this whole time ive just been trying to figure out the criteria for your list. i still think

1. Holychef
2/3. Dan/Manko - this one is a toss-up

im still confused. for example, how did manko move from 3rd on your list a month ago to 1st on ur list now. wat do u take into consideration?!? dont u take who can/has beat who into consideration at all? it feel ur list is still based off something i dont kno + me being 1st not because of me beating everyone, including manko which u didnt think could happen, placing well, and experience, but instead me being 1st to stop this debate lol.

Ruse

Fox
wtf, am i supposed to 3 stock everyone i play in order to get #1 on your list?
yus!11

I didn't know you could consistently beat Manko. I also forgot (until I looked it up via tio) that you knocked him into the Losers' Bracket. What happened during that set? I don't remember \:. Is it taped?

HolyChef

Smash Ace
yus!11

I didn't know you could consistently beat Manko. I also forgot (until I looked it up via tio) that you knocked him into the Losers' Bracket. What happened during that set? I don't remember \:. Is it taped?
i dont think we really cared if it was taped cause he have millions of matches taped already vs each other.

i went mk both matches and manko obviously went R.O.B. both matches. the only thing i remember about the first match was that i won and it was probably on fd or smashville. the second match i do remember because 1. he cp'd ****ing jungle japes. 2. it was really close. i came back after being down by a lot and it was something like last stock high % and i managed to win.

Ruse

Fox
i dont think we really cared if it was taped cause he have millions of matches taped already vs each other.

i went mk both matches and manko obviously went R.O.B. both matches. the only thing i remember about the first match was that i won and it was probably on fd or smashville. the second match i do remember because 1. he cp'd ****ing jungle japes. 2. it was really close. i came back after being down by a lot and it was something like last stock high % and i managed to win.
Why didn't you ban JJ :p?

B_AWAL

Smash Master
So far everyone seems to be chill. I'm not too worried.

Yeah, it basically is local only. GMoney isn't going, GDX & HRNut aren't going, Gainesville isn't going. The only out of towners are Dan & God. Even some of Tally itself can't make it. So it should be a bit on the small side but with the fewer big name competition there, maybe Dan can win enough to make it worth the trip. Either way, experience is always a good thing and there's characters there that nobody plays here like Zelda & Sonic. So more power to them, I just didn't feel the need to attend.
Yeah, I just heard that not many people showed up. But don't worry, we promise to make the tourney on Dec 13th worth it. I'm about to go to work at 2 so I can go myself.

Also, I think that Manko has a better set strategy. But Holy gets better within a match.
I couldn't say whos better :-/

Regardless, it doesn't matter....
ALL OF U R MERE STEPPING STONES 4 ME 2 BRING SONIC TO MID TIER MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!

lol :-p

B_AWAL

Smash Master
As far as Wifi is concerned... Meh, the next tourney isn't until Dec 6th... Urs, Since thats a long time from now I'll see what I can do.

Ruse

Fox
I don't think I'm very good, and I just like giving you a hard time because you main Sonic :p.

You should really try to show on the 6th, I'd love to get some friendlies in.

B_AWAL

Smash Master
I don't think I'm very good, and I just like giving you a hard time because you main Sonic :p.

You should really try to show on the 6th, I'd love to get some friendlies in.
I'm sad cuz I think EVERY1 is goin but me :-(

Top Bottom