• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pensacola, FL Monthly #4: Brawl, Melee, and Low Tier! - 01/17/09

Lizard

Smash Ace
Who does have a good match-up against good ol' marth?

No meta knight for me :ohwell:

Nor anyone from top tier outside of ROB

Ruse

Fox
I'd bet Marth vs ROB is his most experienced match up.
What about ROB vs ROB :p?

Who does have a good match-up against good ol' marth?

No meta knight for me :ohwell:

Nor anyone from top tier outside of ROB
MK is Marth's only real disadvantage (and I think that it's only like 40/60).

Even Snake and D3 go almost even with him now (45/55)...

I don't see why Dan even has an alt (Falco), since Marth does decent against MK and Olimar (which are the two match-ups that he says he uses them on).

I can see Marth rising to be one of the top four or five best characters in this game (maybe even taking the number two or three spot).

R.O.B. doesn't do so hot against Marth in my opinion, but (according to the R.O.B. and Marth boards) the match is generally considered 50/50. I'd say more like 55/45 or 60/40 Marth, but that's just my scrubby two cents.

Lizard

Smash Ace
I need some kind of secret marth counter.....

Would be awesome if Luigi was one.... he is so much fun to play

Ruse

Fox
There's no such thing as a Marth counter, outside of MK.

40/60 MK
45/55 Snake
45/55 King Dedede

Those are his only bad match-ups, with MK being the only one that's not virtually even.

Besides, Dan goes Falco for MK, so he's not even that good of a bet since the Falco/MK match-up is like 45/55, almost evening that s*** out. Dan is a beast with a boss a** line-up.

skaterbaj

Smash Lord
then in second place is my falco :p..ok maybe not a close second but as long as im not suiciding.. thats how i end my sentence.

Ruse

Fox
John you need to beef up your D3, man. I know you've got it in you.

Seriously, I wish you could attend out of town tourneys with us. You'd get ten times better.

Edit: Also, new SBR tier list.

Very decent, not perfect in my opinion.

Also, I reorganized it so that it's not a stupid cluster f*** of letters:

Meta Knight

High
Snake
Falco
King Dedede
Mr. Game & Watch
Marth

Middle
Wario
R.O.B.
Lucario
Olimar
Pikachu
Donkey Kong
Ice Climbers

Low
Zero Suit Samus
Toon Link
Pit
Peach
Wolf
Luigi
Zelda
Bowser
Fox
Sheik
Ike

Bottom
Mario
Lucas
Ness
Samus
Sonic
Pokémon Trainer
Yoshi
Link
Jigglypuff
Ganondorf
Falcon

I think that that makes more sense/is more familiar than having forty-two tiers, but maybe it's just me...

That Dooder

Smash Rookie
I might come to this. I'm originally from CFL, but I moved up to the Panhandle about two years ago. I now live in a small town called Wewahitchka, if anyone is familiar with that name. Lol. I doubt it.

Also, does anyone ever smash in Panama City? That would be much closer to me.

skaterbaj

Smash Lord
Thats the new tier list from SBR?with toon link at low tier?really? and mario at bottom? if toon link is low tier i just found my character for the tourney. o and that dooder i think there are like 4 smashers in panama that came to thhe last tourney. If u go too allisbrawl.com they are on my friends list just look at their location

Ruse

Fox
@Dooder: Three kids came to PCola #3 from Panama City, so I guess they have some Smashers, which is cool.

@John: The new SBR Tier List has like 1718975189 tiers, not actually Top/High/Mid/Low/Bottom. It's in the General Discussion section.

Deadweight

Smash Ace
This is gonna be awesome :p
My rob has gotten sick since last time. Ruse I hope your down for another R0B ditto :p

EDIT: I have a wii you all can use if needed, (No brawl tho >__>) Just lmk

DrNastytime

Smash Cadet
hmm so wat list will be used for the low tier/bottom tier tourney? even tho i know ganon will be in there somewhere i want to know what i could possibly go against.

Ruse

Fox
Ruse said:
Additional Rules for Low Tier Play:
Only these characters deemed "Low Tier" may be used:
-Bowser
-Captain Falcon
-Fox
-Ganondorf
-Ike
-Jigglypuff
-Link
-Lucas
-Mario
-Ness
-Pokémon Trainer
-Samus
-Sheik
-Sonic
-Yoshi
It was on the first page.

Before the newest SBR tier list, I used only low tier and a few mid tiers characters that I personally felt were not easily tournament viable. After the recent release of the second list, I felt good to know that all of the characters included were, in fact, below 7.0. The only character under 7.0 that was missing was Fox, so I decided to add him to the roster.

If this low tier tournament shows great dominance of the four characters that I decided to include from the E tier (Bowser, Fox, Sheik, and Ike), then I will limit the next tournament to F and G only. Luigi and Zelda were not added because I do not feel that they are nearly as bad as the other four characters in the E tier.

To be blunt, if you don't like my low tier list, debate, and if I still disagree, then don't enter low tier. It's cheap for a reason: it's totally for fun (this is all for fun, obviously, but low tier is not supposed to be nearly as competitive as Singles). I almost made it free.

That Dooder

Smash Rookie
There's a 70% chance that I might attend. Not that my absence nor presence will be noted, lol.

DrNastytime

Smash Cadet
hmm the only ones that concern me are fox and slightly sheik... i mean fox played right can't be out camp and for Ganon/CF/ who have to approach a lot of the time that can be a difficult match but as for shiek it's just a bit odd IMO but hey i guess if u want to add fox, sheik, bowser, or ike(who doesn't seem low tier at all) i can't stop ya i just hope no one gets to serious and decides to bring out the camping equipment lol.

Ruse

Fox
Any character can, generally, be good/great/whatever if played correctly, I'm just saying that these characters would be extremely hard to compete with against, say, Metaknight. I know there are people like Deva who have done crazy a** things with low tiers (beaten DSF's Snake and MK with Link), but it's not very realistic.

Dooder, come ):. Who do you main, man?

That Dooder

Smash Rookie
Dooder, come ):. Who do you main, man?
I main Zelda(In Brawl)/Sheik(In Melee), though I might try picking up some other characters. I don't have too much experience playing Brawl, so I have no time played as any of the characters, really. And besides, I'm much better at Melee, imo.

Hopefully my ride will be avaliable. If there's anyone going from the Panama City area, hit me up. I'll pay however much you want for gas.

Ruse

Fox
@Deadweight: I'll do doubles with you.

@Awal: Which four/three locals? Glad you guys can make it!

(300th post.)

Jssn

Smash Journeyman
I'm coming to this and the other members from fluxx that are officially coming are

AWAL , and DBS .....

im bringing Deadw8ght with me too.. thats 4 of us in my car... and then there is only one more spot for anyone else that wants to come from tally, and if someone else wants to come, u are more than welcome as long as you pay my ticket if i get one because of excesive people in the car.

JSSN

Ruse

Fox
No 8, Lizard, or Esper this time around ):?

You're not legally supposed to have five people in your car? Whaa?

Also, hoping to break twenty this time around. Really looking forward to getting thirty entrants, which is possible, but not too likely.

Please bring set-ups!

@DBS: Who's Mike? I know Drew is Esper, but I don't know any other real names from Tally, hah. So used to tags.

Ruse

Fox
Good to hear.

You guys wanna do 4v4, 12 stock, $20? More stock than that and our crew would have like, 4-5 per member, haha.

We have two Olimars (Mike Love and HolyChef), but I dunno if Mike will be playing and Holy never goes Oli.

Edit: Is this the entirety of FLuxxed?:
-Esper
-Lizard
-MrFTW
-Awal
-Jssn
-DBS

DrNastytime

Smash Cadet
I main Zelda(In Brawl)/Sheik(In Melee), though I might try picking up some other characters. I don't have too much experience playing Brawl, so I have no time played as any of the characters, really. And besides, I'm much better at Melee, imo.

Hopefully my ride will be avaliable. If there's anyone going from the Panama City area, hit me up. I'll pay however much you want for gas.

Hey me and 2 friends are comin from PC. i hadn't checked back here until just now but if u see this in time we'd be happy for u to tag along. I'll send u a pm with my cell number and try to hit me up before or around 9:00 cuz we'll be leavin at 9:30 so we can pick up some GRAPICO and definitely make the low teir tourney.

Jssn

Smash Journeyman
we are leaving right now , about 9 people from tally are showing up... looking forward to this..

if i get lost ill be giving you a call RUSE , im the one driving today.

jasson (jssn)

skaterbaj

Smash Lord
there is like no chance i can bring a wii today ruse im sorry and im still not sure if im gonna make it to lo tiers

DrNastytime

Smash Cadet
This one was really fun i think i've made a name for my lucario... maybe... but hey i can't wait til next time if there is one and this time Team Just will go all the way lol.

Top Bottom