• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PentaKill! Monthly Results 2/22/14

-DR3W-

Smash Champion
NNID
DrewTheAsher
Well I'm not giving the crown up at this point so... sucks :p

-Sensei-

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sensei544
My goals for the next event:

-Help run the brackets (I don't like tournaments running super long, so I would definitely be on top of getting matches played and updating the bracket in a timely manner
-Play and win at least 2 MM's. One will definitely be Drew.
-Learn the Falco mathcup
-Win singles
-Profit

Ookami Hajime

Smash Ace
@ -DR3W- -DR3W- : A crown can fall off your head if Sakurai trips you lol I'm gonna take it next time, bro!

If we're talking about goals...:

-Win singles for brawl
-Not get knocked out of bracket by a Marth
-Lotsa friendlies, especially against Drew, Eikkelmann, P.I.E., KDB, and Sensei.
-Recruit for our crew!

P.I.E.

Smash Ace
next tournament I'd like to actually play people outside of bracket but I always get stuck running bracket DX an get some mms in gotta get better so I can get that 1st place tbh though I was so salty from doubles the anger fueled me XD next month needs to get here already ookami I wanna play you your pika be looking nice lol

You stayed on bracket most of the time because you said ya wanted to when ixis was going to xP

My goals were reached that day owo

Last edited:

Zach777

Smash Journeyman
Remember that I told you that Atlas uses Game&Watch and Diddy.
Also, Din used Zero Suit Samus and :toonlink:

Thanks Din for posting my video. That tv was laggy. To test lag, put your controller on an even level to the tv and
make circles with the joystick on the character select screen. If your pointer isn't at the same area as where your joystick is while you are making circles, you have lag.

More shoutouts.

@I Xis
You beat me again!!! I am so glad your a good Wario, Florida needed more of 'em.

Din8595

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Din8595
Do older tvs have less lag cause i've noticed that alot of people bring old tvs, if so next time ill bring my old 50 pound tv

Zach777

Smash Journeyman
Do older tvs have less lag cause i've noticed that alot of people bring old tvs, if so next time ill bring my old 50 pound tv
CRT tvs have no lag (hence why nationals only allow those. Also, don't ask me what crt means cus I don't know.) Newer flat screens have lag because of the need for their computers to input the high quality. But the hdtvs usually have a game setting in their screen setting, that removes some of the lag. But even with it on, it is pretty bad. I recommend you bringing both your tvs, one for Brawl one for Mario Kart 64:troll:

-Sensei-

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sensei544
Yea, for Smash, CRT's is the way to go. The TV that Jazz brought is perfect because it's also a decent size. Lag is an important factor in tourneys. Marvel tourneys are usually only played on certain TVs (Asus Monitors) because there is I think a 2 millisecond delay. The only problem with using those for Brawl is that the Wii doesn't support HDMI, lol. That's why we have to go the CRT route.

Din8595

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Din8595
is it ok to use a play brawl on a CRT TV that doesn't have a place to plug in component cables and use a RF moderator I believe its called.

Din8595

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Din8595
I would like to say that I got a wireless adapter for my computer so that next time we could have a legitimate live stream and hopefully it will look a lot better.

-DR3W-

Smash Champion
NNID
DrewTheAsher
Yo I look so bad at PM

I can't believe I've improved from a week ago
You guys are done next time

Zach777

Smash Journeyman
Back on the subject of who used who in Brawl.

Jazz used Marth and Snake in tourney against me.
Pepto used Lucas I believe
I used Sheik in my tourney match against Jazz.
Atlas used Diddy and Game&Watch
Din used Toon Link also
Eikelmann used Ganondorf in tourney.

All of the characters I just mentioned were used in the Brawl singles event.

Ookami Hajime

Smash Ace
I've been forgotten =I
Pika and ICs right here for singles

@ Dr3W: Can't wait to go at it again, my friend. Your Falco was great! I hope I get to play you in brawl next time as well!

Zach777

Smash Journeyman
Sorry to bring up old threads. P.I.E., what is the new venue you posted on the main page?

Shoutouts to Smashboards rankings mods who take forever approving Brawl tournaments.

-DR3W-

Smash Champion
NNID
DrewTheAsher
Proud to say the prize money for 1st in both was put to VERY dank good use. ;)

Last edited:
Top Bottom