• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

People just deciding "nah, this ain't cool." on For Glory?

Jenna Zant

Smash Journeyman
Often, when trying to play, I will get multiple Japanese players who will join, and then leave shortly afterwards. Rarely do they ever stay, and the matches aren't even laggy when they do stay? Is it a bug?

Morbi

Scavenger
Often, when trying to play, I will get multiple Japanese players who will join, and then leave shortly afterwards. Rarely do they ever stay, and the matches aren't even laggy when they do stay? Is it a bug?
I doubt it, I sometimes play with groups of Japanese players and I am not disconnected or anything like that.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
I doubt it, I sometimes play with groups of Japanese players and I am not disconnected or anything like that.
This.
Am I the only one that finds that the Japanese have better and more stable connections? Cause I've had more stable connections (mind you a few, but still) than people with other players. I've only ever had one non-Japanese person where the connection was perfect and only had a few hiccups every 2-3 matches.

ZelDan

Smash Master
I occasionally have times when I'll get several Japanese people (or people with Japanese text names atleast) in a row who all quit quickly.

Always found it weird.

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
Yes. It's a bug that foreign players would rather play someone from their region and not you.

Rajikaru

Smash Journeyman
Yes. It's a bug that foreign players would rather play someone from their region and not you.
That's not a bug in the least bit.

Usually it's easy to tell if somebody is from a different region (name using a different language/alphabet entirely), and 9 times out of 10 those will be very laggy matches. Not to say that's what only happens ever, but it's usually the truth. It's also easy to tell if somebody has a poor connection: if switching palettes on the CSS has a delay between the button press and the palette swapping, then it'll be a laggy match.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."

Usually it's easy to tell if somebody is from a different region (name using a different language/alphabet entirely), and 9 times out of 10 those will be very laggy matches. Not to say that's what only happens ever, but it's usually the truth. It's also easy to tell if somebody has a poor connection: if switching palettes on the CSS has a delay between the button press and the palette swapping, then it'll be a laggy match.
Wait, the palette swapping is a thing? Wow. :surprised: I'll keep this in mind :p :seuss:

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670

The sarcasm flew right over your head, didn't it.

link2702

Smash Champion
I actually do this myself anytime I find a japanese player.

I've had very very very few matches against japanese players that weren't laggy as hell. Its to the point where I don't even bother anymore, I just d/c the instant I see the japanese text.

I have nothing against japan or its players, I'm willing to bet its some issue with distance more than anything, and I'm sure their connections are fine. but the fact remains that almost all japanese players I've played the matches were horrifically laggy.

Rajikaru

Smash Journeyman
The sarcasm flew right over your head, didn't it.
Sorry I didn't read your online post on the internet with no prior knowledge of you as a person and didn't immediately go "Nah, this guy's being sarcastic".

PKBeam

Smash Lord
NNID
PKBeam64
Switch FC
SW 0386 4264 7224
I get perfectly fine connections with Japanese players. They're have the best players that are close to me. Same thing happens to me, many of them dc. IDK, maybe they don't wanna play English speaking people. Very hard to communicate.

Last edited:

Moustachio

Smash Apprentice
Japanese players typically don't care about playing foreigners. They have their reasons, and it's just the way it is. If you do want to play against more of them though, simply change your name to something that's not English. I have my name set to look like something reminiscent of a Japanese emoticon : (>'3')>

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I've never actually seen a Japanese player online.

Not to my knowledge, anyway, although I tend to have fairly stable matches overall anyway.

Ranias

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ranias
3DS FC
1864-9368-1757
Playing as an American player vs. a Japanese player will always have some lag, due to travel time required for the signal (speed of light). There will always be some input lag, but it can be a stable connection.

You Austrailian players have an easier time.

Last edited:

Team Plasma N

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3952-8297-3456
I've faced some Japanese players on For Glory and some of them stay when playing matches with me. Though personally I tend to stick around for only one match and then leave too, but that's because I wish to find a better/different opponent. The times I stay are when I'm entertained by my opponent and if he/she's good.

Handsome Stepdad

Smash Rookie
I always seem to have pristine connection against Japanese players. It's the Phils and Teds that always give me trouble

Top Bottom