• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

People quitting Sonic?

Ciro67

Smash Cadet
We all know that Malcolm quit Sonic for Wario and Shugo has done the same for Falco. I saw a post a while ago that someone said they left Sonic for Pikachu.

Why are people quitting Sonic, especially the two pros mentioned. I noticed the three characters are all higher tiers too, so I guess it's to get better results. Why not just make your Sonic improve and keep practicing andd stuff.

Is anyone else quitting Sonic? :(

WedginatorX

Smash Champion
Holding side-B against Cheese until he quits.
Unfortunately, I won't be quitting Sonic either lol. Well, Scourge technically. I got in a rut and tried to go my Falco at a tourney on Saturday, and I think I woulda done better and possibly advanced farther if I hadn't gone Falco that last game. I'mma be stuck with no kill power till the end of tiiiiiiiiiiime.

Anyway, people quit sonic because of:
A. Lack of kill power
B. Bad matchups
C. They find a character they are better with
D. You have reached Sonic's full potential and need to move on. There's only so much you can do with Sonic.
The final reason only applies to Malc and maybe Shugo. Anyone care to add to my list step on up.

Kupo Rose

It's what my cutie mark is telling me ♫
Haven't they quit like... A while back now?

A. Lack of kill power
B. Bad matchups
D. You have reached Sonic's full potential and need to move on. There's only so much you can do with Sonic.
The final reason only applies to Malc and maybe Shugo. Anyone care to add to my list step on up.
E. Peer pressure?

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
I could drop Sonic for Snake, but I love Sonic more than MGS. So, I'm rockin that blue hedgehog all day. Aside from Snake, Luigi, Mario and D3. I don't have as much fun playing any other character.

Unlike Malcolm, Shugo still breaks out the blue one in tournaments every once in awhile.

~TBS~

Smash Champion
Rolling around at the speed of Sound, Maryland.
People learned that they are sick of losing to people they shouldn't be losing to. And what wedge and kupo said...I guess they just got tired of it in general.

EDIT: Dont get me started on the "Best Sonic" arguments either...makes me wanna go jump in a la-well you get the point >_>

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
We all know that Malcolm quit Sonic for Wario and Shugo has done the same for Falco. I saw a post a while ago that someone said they left Sonic for Pikachu.

Why are people quitting Sonic, especially the two pros mentioned. I noticed the three characters are all higher tiers too, so I guess it's to get better results. Why not just make your Sonic improve and keep practicing andd stuff.

Is anyone else quitting Sonic? :(
I didnt quit on sonic, i just found someone im better with.
Sonic is↓↓↓↓
A. Lack of kill power
B. Bad matchups
↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑
This explains it, and my Sonic isnt incredible skill just yet:urg:
But i still use him alot, just much less online, i main him offline.:ohwell:
Haven't they quit like... A while back now?

E. Peer pressure?
F.They think Sonic may be too fast for them:sonic:

BlueTerrorist

Smash Ace
I quit him when I stopped playing the game.

Now I started to play again and since I find only 2-4 characters fun in this game. Well, you know... So I won't be quitting Sonic no time soon, otherwise I might quit the game again.

BSP

Smash Legend
A. Lack of kill power
B. Bad matchups
This. The only real pro to using Sonic is movement speed and semi reliable mindgames. Nearly every matchup is a disadvantage for him, and you MUST outplay your opponent to win. Sonic's MU's are scattered through 55-45 and 60-40 opponents favor, with MK being the only one I personally find near un-doable (or at least extremely hard, character change worthy if you ask me). Sonic also has crap ko power...I can't really think of a reason for maining him unless you like him, want to be different, enjoy a challenge, or some other reason minus wanting to win.

I want to know how many competitve Sonics we have. My reason for using him is that I like him, and he fits my style nicely.

I know that Sonic is bad, but I don't think I'm going to quit him. I think that he still has potential to maybe make middle mid tier, but it's going to take a lot of work since every battle is uphill.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Espy and X are the only ones ive seen make the wario matchup look doable for me. Im probably going to play falco against him now.

funnily enough, i only started playing falco because of the stereotype that all good falcos are black and all black people are good at falco.

ill never quit sonic, but im probably going to start playing falco in tourney, since its like 10 times easier to beat scrubs with him, and then ill pull sonic on people that know what they are doing.

~TBS~

Smash Champion
Espy and X are the only ones ive seen make the wario matchup look doable for me. Im probably going to play falco against him now.

funnily enough, i only started playing falco because of the stereotype that all good falcos are black and all black people are good at falco.

ill never quit sonic, but im probably going to start playing falco in tourney, since its like 10 times easier to beat scrubs with him, and then ill pull sonic on people that know what they are doing.
you've got to be joking. Wario's making you go falco? Really? We can beat wario's dude...just dont approach, its as a simple as it sounds. also, dont get into the air and fall into a baited waft. :dizzy:

You can do this KID.

Trent

Smash Champion
The only match ups I "dislike" are MK and Lucario to be honest.

But I don't dislike it enough to change characters. Sawnik ftw.

What's a counterpick?

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
We can beat wario's dude...just dont approach, its as a simple as it sounds.
Yeah, because we love giving Warios the time to charge up Wafts that can KO us at ludicrously low percentages.

You HAVE to approach. You just need to approach wisely. Otherwise, you're giving him a chance to charge up the waft.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
I tried camping out my wario in a money match and he just did what overswarm says, and didnt attack me until there was 30 seconds left in the game, and than got an f smash off on me, and than ran away from me for the last 10.

ShadoFiend

Smash Lord
Speed shut up. What amazing warios have you beaten? Honestly I haven't beaten a wario in tourney since I came out of cammy's womb. Its hella difficult for me unless I am falco. But I'm determined to get my scourge back to its prime so I'm goin for the shugo training and the all hedgehog mms and tourney placings. And of course I must beat my foolish little brother who thinks he knows so much

~TBS~

Smash Champion
Shado hates me so much. Espy, either way, you're screwed in that match. Approaching wisely with sonic can be done, but it takes too much work when the wario just has to jump and hit the cstick down. Plus there's the waft thing you mentioned...its an uphill match.

Ugh, dont listen to me about mu's im weird. I do not think i know so much! <_<

Shado, i have beaten wario in tourney dude, but rainbow cruise was gay and it gayed him, so i dunno if you want to count that being a win.

hai grandpa. :o

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Shado hates me so much. Espy, either way, you're screwed in that match. Approaching wisely with sonic can be done, but it takes too much work when the wario just has to jump and hit the cstick down. Plus there's the waft thing you mentioned...its an uphill match.

Shado, i have beaten wario in tourney dude, but rainbow cruise was gay and it gayed him, so i dunno if you want to count that being a win.
What else is new?

No, you're just humble.

A win's a win.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Speed shut up. What amazing warios have you beaten? Honestly I haven't beaten a wario in tourney since I came out of cammy's womb. Its hella difficult for me unless I am falco. But I'm determined to get my scourge back to its prime so I'm goin for the shugo training and the all hedgehog mms and tourney placings. And of course I must beat my foolish little brother who thinks he knows so much

hai grandpa. :o
@_@
8MX is amazing dude...and yeah, i've beaten snack too (luck). none of us could beat slik now could we?
It was bmx. I said an amazing wario. Bmsex is good yes but isn't he the only wario you've beaten?
LOVER'S QUARREL!

Wario is gay. LEAST HE CAN'T CG YOU TILL 230%.

ElDominio

Smash Journeyman
I think I'm the best Sonic in my region....
Because I'm the only one :S

Still, my horrible matches have been against a Wario (DFat1), and a random Olimar....
Let's see how far I get in the next tourney..

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Read the dair. It's pretty easy to do.

Yeah, you're screwed either way, but I'd personally rather put some pressure on them than just sit back and watch the waft build up.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
It's kind of hard for me to quit Sonic because he's one of the only reasons why I play Brawl to begin with.

I may be on a break, but I'll still rep for Canada. ...sorry again for not making it out to Texas, Espy. **** came up and low on cash I am low on cash. lmao

Sonic Players I want to face/rematch

• ShadoFiend
• Speed
• X
• Espy
• Malcolm
• Infzy
• KID
• Myself (wonder what would happen if you cloned yourself perfectly and faced yourself. that'd be awesome)

Uhm. Calling all challengers when I start playing again and if I travel? lol hi gaiz

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
I love that art of Amy...

Anyone who needs avatars or wants something new made, lemme know. I've found my second wind on making them! Been coloring doujinshi icons too.

[EDIT]

lol at being called Cloud. That's basically what I wanted to be called anyway, but you know... Every forum has it. lmao

~TBS~

Smash Champion
I love that art of Amy...

Anyone who needs avatars or wants something new made, lemme know. I've found my second wind on making them! Been coloring doujinshi icons too.

[EDIT]

lol at being called Cloud. That's basically what I wanted to be called anyway, but you know... Every forum has it. lmao
Cloud it is. o:
you said you wanted to make me an avi a while back. you dont have to if you dont want to though...And we should move this discussion to the SGD, or get back on topic.

Those who are true to the char sticks with em. those who want to win, switches.

EDIT: Welcome back cloud! :D

Paixy

Smash Journeyman
X has left Sonic for Falcon now too. How long till Espy and Speed leave him? :p

Top Bottom