• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Perfect Crouch Canceling?

SUNG666

Smash Ace
LA, CA (Glendale) Hook me up if ya wanna smash
Let's say a Sheik is dash attacking you and you're holding down before she hits you.

Not let's say a Sheik is dash attacking you and you hold down right on the moment she hits you. (Supposedly perfect CCing)

Does it make a difference? I've heard that you can CC for longer if you do the perfect kind.

FrootLoop

Smash Lord
you have to be crouching to crouch cancel. If you don't hold down before you get hit then you're just doing DI down.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
It might add some SDI, but not really much in the form of helping you counter attack.

100 proof%

Smash Rookie
Like Holding down>doing an attack as You are ducking> DIing down(hit)> c-stick buffer down but to be fair they really aren't that far away from each other more offen than not like sometimes just by a few percentiles.

if i'm wrong call me out please.

Also ducking at an angle does it change much? Say I was someone slidiy and tryed to add in di to help me stay closer.

Anand

Smash Journeyman
It might add some SDI, but not really much in the form of helping you counter attack.
To clarify, wouldn't it add SDI only if the down input was too late to count as a crouch cancel anyway? (to crouch cancel, you'd have to be crouching before hitlag starts, as I understand it)

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
buffer window for smash inputs is 3 frames, so if you smash down a frame before you're hit, you'll also get some SDI from that input. afaik

The Star King

Smash Hero
Either you guys are wrong and jerks for accusing some guy of being ICG, or right and jerks for exposing ICG like that when he was doing no harm

Jerks

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
yo how is calling someone ICG mean?
all players should aspire to become half the man ICG is

Geenareeno

Smash Lord
No, the amount of time you are crouching does not affect the cc. Also I'd like to add that crouch comes out on frame 1. (I think).

The Star King

Smash Hero
yo how is calling someone ICG mean?
all players should aspire to become half the man ICG is
Good point - being called ICG is the highest praise that can possibly be bestowed on a mere human. I was more focusing on you guys accusing the poster of being an illegal alt when he isn't one.

But it doesn't matter, because he's banned now so I guess you guys were right. So you're still JERKS for getting ICG's alt banned.

Beat!

Smash Master
It's not like his posting style made it super obvious or anything... it was only a matter of time.

He's gonna be more well-prepared next time. The mods won't stand a chance.

Top Bottom